Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

then grid it is.. I already have 10 sims that require me to do setups, I want games.. that I can fire up on steam link and sit on my cough and get fat drinking beer and racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
Finally fired up Auto(play)mobilista. Naturally decided to start out with the Super Truck and was welcomed (thanks to have AI do the pit lane because :effort:) with the AI rolling it all the way over driving out of my pit box. Fortunately, it flips it upright after a few seconds and I could continue truckin' (I didn't turn AI Pits off because it made me laugh every time... sometimes it drifts sideways though and flips upright facing into the wall, gets stuck, and I had to return to garage and try again). Definitely an interesting beast, took awhile to realize that lift-off oversteer seemed more viable for making turns than actually trying to properly brake for them.

Mucked about with the the new Formula V10 (really weird not having to upshift, but having to downshift) which was insane, tried the Rallycross (took a bit to realize it was FWD and that's why I couldn't turn at all... had to bind Handbrake; ended up stopping for fear of waking people up since it was FFBing up a storm), and checked out both types of Karts (Super Kart FFB seemed great, felt like I could feel the grittiness of the road surface). Pretty fun stuff given the little bit of SCE (just bought mainly to ensure I'd get the revamped version) I played I stuck with stock cars.

tater_salad posted:

What's the to recommendation for racing game for couch and Controller. I was using nfs shift but 1 I can't drift and 2 it ate my save after like 8hrs of game play so lost the will to play
Surprised no one mentioned Dirt Rally, if you could dig some rally racing.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

crossposting to say that we're about to start the 12 hours of Sebring in iRacing with 3 GT teams.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635542&goto=lastpost

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Super trucks is really hard. While I'm sure they're a handful, I doubt they're THAT tough to drive on pavement.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I've yet to see a super truck race where someone didn't spin, roll or both so I'd say they're exactly that tough to drive on tarmac.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That's the point of supertrucks.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

njsykora posted:

I've yet to see a super truck race where someone didn't spin, roll or both so I'd say they're exactly that tough to drive on tarmac.

True, and the guys racing them are some of the top driving talent in the world. I mostly have an issue with the power oversteer, The trucks have somewhat of a longer wheelbase than an average racecar, However usually when I lose the back end I cant recover it.

What techniques are you all using to keep that rear end end behind you ?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

jonathan posted:

What techniques are you all using to keep that rear end end behind you ?

Super careful on throttle. That's the really hard part. I usually don't get to full throttle until I'm on the finish straight.

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011
Bought a T300rs to replace an old rear end G25. T3PA Pro pedals on their way.

So this is what it feels like to have more than two buttons on the wheel. Regret not upgrading earlier.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

njsykora posted:

Super careful on throttle. That's the really hard part. I usually don't get to full throttle until I'm on the finish straight.
Granted I only tooled around with Super Trucks for a half hour or so, but being very gentle on throttle/brake* was where I trended towards in efforts to keep it under control (even when going in a straight line because the suspension takes days to recover to a stable position). I was just in Test Drive and turning on AI made me feel a deal better though since they seemed way slower at equal AI difficulty in Super Trucks than anything else I mucked about with.

* Gentle turns into tight turns are the anti-christ for a Super Truck. Braking when moderately turning seemed to shift the weight to catastrophic effect over and over.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

doughboy1013 posted:

Bought a T300rs to replace an old rear end G25. T3PA Pro pedals on their way.

So this is what it feels like to have more than two buttons on the wheel. Regret not upgrading earlier.

I hope fantec gets their mid tier stuff out or this is what I'll be doing in the fall/winter of 2016. Spring and summer means my other cheap hobby woodworking eats up a chunk of my income that could go to wheels. I just bought a nice wheel setups worth of a table saw, and haven't even made all my jigs and stuff which is probably 200 more in limber and bits

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

tater_salad posted:

I hope fantec gets their mid tier stuff out or this is what I'll be doing in the fall/winter of 2016. Spring and summer means my other cheap hobby woodworking eats up a chunk of my income that could go to wheels. I just bought a nice wheel setups worth of a table saw, and haven't even made all my jigs and stuff which is probably 200 more in limber and bits

I have some furniture to build this summer and need to get Kreg jigs and some power tools that aren't older than I am... it's going to be a while before I build the OSW that is on the wish list.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's okay guys. I'll spend money instead.

Got my cockpit last week. Now I'm looking at a 400 watt amp and some transducers...

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005
Free weekend for F1 2015 on steam.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Psy890 posted:

Free weekend for F1 2015 on steam.

And all of them are on sale. I do PCars for my formula fix, but I might grab an older F1 edition to have when Pops visits since he loves the real cars. What's the best of the early F1s?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
F1 2013 gets a lot of love for having. The classic F1 cars.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Automobilista is great for F1 stuff too. Track selection isn't amazing, but the driving is incredible. It has a good selection of classic to modern F1 cars.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

F1 2014 is the one people broke open to mod, so that's worth a look as well.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

F1 2013 gets a lot of love for having. The classic F1 cars.

The only one not on sale. :v:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I might pick up 2011 because that's the year of Codemasters' time with the F1 series where the schedule had the most stuff not raced today.

In other news, there's officially going to be enough DLC for Automobilista to justify them putting out a season pass.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is a long shot but has anyone tried F1 2015 with a steam link and controller? No matter which setting I try the car won't accelerate and I think the game just doesn't work over the link?

e: To be specific the car accelerates but something is pressing the brake so it just sits there and wheel spins

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 19, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does it work with the steam controller without steam link?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just tried plugging a 360 controller in instead and the game hard locked my PC good poo poo Codemasters

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

strangely, the only Codemasters F1 games I have not bought are 13 and 15

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Goetta posted:

This is a long shot but has anyone tried F1 2015 with a steam link and controller? No matter which setting I try the car won't accelerate and I think the game just doesn't work over the link?

e: To be specific the car accelerates but something is pressing the brake so it just sits there and wheel spins

I don't have a solution, but at least you can be happy it's not just you. It does exactly the same for me no matter what input configuration I select. Even using a controller profile that makes it act like a keyboard I still have the same behavior when using the Steam Controller via Steam Link.

It works as expected using a 360 controller local to the PC.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Did you try re-defining the controller.. some games sees it as a totally new input.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
KartKraft closed beta registration is now available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjaQ_Kj4kWg

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
gently caress yease thanks buddy.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I threw up in my mouth when one of their "who are you" options was 'Youtube/Twitch Streamer'

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Ziploc posted:

I threw up in my mouth when one of their "who are you" options was 'Youtube/Twitch Streamer'

They're the wrong type of video game player.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Ziploc posted:

Yeah man, free pr is disgusting.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you're not uploading race highlights/shenanigans/fuckups then you're racing wrong.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like steamers. I watch a few every week, Mostly True Racer and Empty Box.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
EmptyBox and Frankie1080p are the only good videogame streamers because they have personalities and dont do the annoying radio DJ thing that most of them do.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Reiza memberships are available now for $20, or $0 if you backed the Indiegogo campaign.

quote:

There will be in between 10-12 DLC items released over the remainder of 2016, each item including either one completely new series or venue, with prices for each item ranging from US$ 2.99 to US$ 4.99

We are currently in advanced negotiations for delivering the following DLC packs (not necessarily in this order):

Venues:
Imola/ITALY (historical & modern variants)
Oulton Park/UK
Cadwell Park/UK
Brands Hatch/UK
Hockenheim/GERMANY (historical & modern variants)
Hillclimb rally stage (Pikes Peak based) /US

Cars:
Ultima GTR
Truck Racing -based on contents from Formula Truck 2013 (free for those who already own that)
Aussie Racing Car
Divisão 3 (Historical brazilian touring car series)
Group B Rally car

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Wonder if they did the same group licencing deal Slightly Mad did for the MSV tracks, and if so where the gently caress is Snetterton?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

So the 31st is going to be loving awesome! Track updates in AC PLUS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDLv40bQ7Bs

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dev post about the update. The track they are adding sounds great.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/ac-v1-5-dev-diary-part-1-3/

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

That new track looks awesome, hopefully they get some better VR support with the consumer releases rolling out now. That Mustang was so fun on Nordschliefe in Project Cars, can't wait to do it in AC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
VR patch for LFS.

https://www.lfs.net/patch-6n