Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
smythe is right, thats why i am going to get an iphone 7+ in the fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the other day i saw a guy with the huge iphone and thot "wow lol thats a big drat phone" and then i realized.. mine is the same size, and i look equally retarded + epic

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
big phones are sweet for adults iwth adult hands

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

born on a buy you posted:

big phones are sweet for fat people with cargo jorts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
big phones are one of those ideas that sound great until you really start thinking about it or actually try to use them on the reg

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Phablets are FTW and WAY better than pathetic small phones. Once you got phablet, everything else is just freakin junk in comparison

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i'm sorry you have little tiny hands like futur epresident donald turmp. maybe you too can turn your anger about your tiny child hands into something important. if anything it makes your tiny child like dick look bigger when you touch it alone at home becuase no one likes you

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Stymie posted:

big phones are one of those ideas that sound great until you really start thinking about it or actually try to use them on the reg

they don't even sound great in theory tbh

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
as aforementioned, actually manipulating them is only one concern about big phones and they can be unwieldy for even folks with large hands

i suppose putting them into your cargo pants pocket would result in less bending but falls outside of the definition of "normal" use

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I've tried to get the plus the last 2 times but they were out of stock and I'm all about some immediate gratification when I go to the Verizon store. Maybe this year I'll replace my 6S with a 7+. Either way, my needs with be suited and I'm sure the phone will feel great in my large masculine hands.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

reminder that donald trump has switched to full android

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

born on a buy you posted:

i'm sorry you have little tiny hands like futur epresident donald turmp. maybe you too can turn your anger about your tiny child hands into something important. if anything it makes your tiny child like dick look bigger when you touch it alone at home becuase no one likes you

i know this is a common sentiment but you dont need to be a giant to use a phablet. phabletrs are designed by brilliant engineers and programmers to be used and enjoyed by everyone, from the tiniest korean woman to the hugest chinese man. and everyone in between. from stout and powerful tori, to medium size me, all the way to 3-5 and autistic bloody way up there in the stratosphere - we can all phablet in harmony.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
if it's good enough for god's chosen people it's good enough for me

jew snipe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when i wear my sisters jeans so my rear end looks cute for my boyfriend bruce to pinch before he fucks me hard and calls me fag, sometimes the corner of my phablet comes out of the pocket. and you know what? thats alright by me. that way people can see that ive got a big hunk of gold in there and they know im packing processor power.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

I got a notification from t-mob that, after a year, my account standing is now in good stead and I can upgrade (various credit fuckery has got me to a 714 FICO in 11 months in the US) so i went down to the store to check out hugephone+ since i lost my iPad mini on a flight back from DC and was thinking that one device could pretty much be both. picked it all out and went to sign up and the dude in the store said I can't have it until april 7th, precisely a year after they hosed me for a $400 deposit just to get a sim. major loving fail t-mob

anyway decent sized iPhone will be out by then so I'll probably just get that and a mini 4 running the best os, iOS 9.3

i knew this post wouldn't be interesting but it was even less so than i imagined

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

when i wear my sisters jeans so my rear end looks cute for my boyfriend bruce to pinch before he fucks me hard and calls me fag, sometimes the corner of my phablet comes out of the pocket. and you know what? thats alright by me. that way people can see that ive got a big hunk of gold in there and they know im packing processor power.

your boyfriend sounds kinda gay

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hated my phablet because I refuse to use anything but one thumb on a phone, and it was hard to do that. It had a resistive touch screen though which was sweet because I could use it while wearing gloves or whatever.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

rofl

zen death robot posted:

the camera bump got bigger wtf

ROFL

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
also the new iphone is going to use a proprietary connection for the headphones too

its transformation into windows mobile will be complete

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

My Linux Rig posted:

also the new iphone is going to use a proprietary connection for the headphones too

its transformation into windows mobile will be complete

sorry the rear end in a top hat headphone adapter technology was pioneered by Sony Ericsson in their flip phones like the w300

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

i pray to tim that this is accurate. it looks perfect

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is the camera bump actually a good thing?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

5s still best phone

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i found a leaked photo of iphone 8

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

one camera is a good idea... but two cams is even better. i am personally holding out for three cams on the iphone 8. fingers crossed friends 😤

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Metrication posted:

one camera is a good idea... but two cams is even better. i am personally holding out for three cams on the iphone 8. fingers crossed friends 😤

apple still has a way to go to catch up to amazon's 6 cameras

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

tim cook interview with time magazine

quote:

Cook actually thought that might be the end of it. It wasn’t: on Feb. 16 the FBI both escalated and went public, obtaining a court order from a federal judge that required Apple to create GovtOS under something called the All Writs Act. Cook took deep, Alabaman umbrage at the manner in which he learned about the court order, which was in the press: “If I’m working with you for several months on things, if I have a relationship with you, and I decide one day I’m going to sue you, I’m a country boy at the end of the day: I’m going to pick up the phone and tell you I’m going to sue you.”

http://time.com/4262480/tim-cook-apple-fbi-2/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zjWXlhxYLY

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

quote:

Cook took deep, Alabaman umbrage

i find it incredibly amusing that apple is being run by a southern dandy

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cook will take deep, alabaman peeks at his watch to wait for the news cycle move on before complying with the fbi

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

theres no way cook wants to give away a man year of engineering time for free

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
he also doesn't have the guts to actually fight the us government and, ultimately, fail to comply with a frivolous customer request

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's about piiivacyyyy

~*hands over all available customer data, as long as it doesn't require any additional effort*~

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

~*takes a deep bow before the cheering crowd of 2600 free kevin libertarian idiots*~

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

it's about piiivacyyyy

~*hands over all available customer data, as long as it doesn't require any additional effort*~

well this is the law

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so is all writs

my issue is with their transparent pr spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

infernal machines posted:

so is all writs

my issue is with their transparent pr spin.

no see all writs is obscure and obsolete because it was passed in year 1 of our great republic

• Locked thread