Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah the base game is pretty weak in that department. Demon of song has a cool design, I like the mirror knight fight when it worked, the sinner was a good one.

I think the closest I have to nostalgia for any of them is the Executioners Chariot and both of the rat bosses just because everything rat related in that game was freigen sweet. The Dukes Dear Freja was cool as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ah, the Pursuer is good as well.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also liked throne watcher + defender and both of the 'big group of skeletons' bosses.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

In Training posted:

he doesn't act any different at all, so i dont know why that would happen

the space you have to fight him as a proper boss is slightly smaller or at least differently shaped. fighting him in advance gives you a nice big area, might help?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sotfs do es a lot of the use bosses as regular enemies thng and it kkind of made me realize that al ot of my problm with the non dlc ds2 bosses s that theyre just bigger enemies. theyve got mmost of the same patterns nd only a couple bosses are more interestng than the regular enemies n ear them (pursuer, lost sinner, etc) aor are different enough to b e interesting in their own right (executioner's chariot, smelter demon, old ir on king but hes a fuckin joke, dukes dear freja)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Rotten and the Dragonriders are particularly boring.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Rats everywhere boss not sure which one its called was really great for me because I fought off rats for 30 minutes in a complete panic not knowing how to identify the leader.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The first Dragonrider is such a weird boss. I kept expecting him to actually do something dangerous but he never really did

I didn't even find one of the levers to make the arena bigger

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

The Rats everywhere boss not sure which one its called was really great for me because I fought off rats for 30 minutes in a complete panic not knowing how to identify the leader.

I got stuck on the huge rat fight

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Goat posted:

The first Dragonrider is such a weird boss. I kept expecting him to actually do something dangerous but he never really did

I didn't even find one of the levers to make the arena bigger

He typically kills himself for me when I don't pull the levers

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

he's really hard until you figure out u just gotta hang out by his back right leg or somethin and he can't ever hit yo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like ruin sentinels, personally. it's cool that they have two levels to the arena, and it's really fun to phantom for too.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
nobody likes flexile sentry but i thought that was a really cool fight and was the first dark souls boss i completed wwithout coop

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club posted:

the Royal Rat Authority is actually a dog. thats why they made him boss of all the rats

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paper Triangle posted:

nobody likes flexile sentry but i thought that was a really cool fight and was the first dark souls boss i completed wwithout coop

I liked it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

the Royal Rat Authority is actually a dog. thats why they made him boss of all the rats

Thats a big dog.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone want to see a screenshot of my Dark SOuls 2 character that I posted in fashion souls threads on /v/ for a bout a month.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Sure. I'll post mine too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh right. You don't immediately start NG+. I may return at a later date to defeat Darklurker.

I defeated the final bosses wearing King Vendrick's armor and then walked away from the throne, seeking more power in whatever lands I may visit next.

Here's my lady that I recently beat the game with

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'll post it as soon as I finish this ep of Twin Peaks.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I'll post it as soon as I finish this ep of Twin Peaks.

My man

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I usually roll the Drakekeeper's Greataxe but I also use the Craftsman Hammer here for PVP.

In Training - The King set is definitely baller status.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love the Grand Lance

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love that weird spaceman helmet. I always end up wearing the Merchant Hat for the sweet item discovery boost and fashion. The music on the skeleton lords boss is really good. bye

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I love the Grand Lance

that thing looks ridiculous. I would probably play through the game again knowing that a weapon like that exists but it's dark souls II , so...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Worry not. Lances will make a comeback in DS3

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dark Souls 2 is still fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is, but it's way too long. And I'd rather play Bloodborne

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

You can powerstance grand lances, it's pretty awesome and hilarious

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

It is, but it's way too long. And I'd rather play Bloodborne
It is, but you can get through it really quickly even if you’re not intending to just by knowing where the stuff is you need/want, even more so than DS1. I’m replaying it and at about five hours in I have a +10 Ricard’s Rapier, +3 Warped Sword in swaggy powerstance and have killed the Rotten and the Sinner lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you know where you're going in DS1 you could be in NG+ in 5 hours

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I guess, I'm not even trying to go through it quickly though, it just kind of happened. Pretty cool imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is true, and probably my favorite part of all these games. First playthroughs will take 40+ hours and then after you make a new character just to mess around and suddenly you're half way through the game in single digits

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it’s insanely well-done how you can just jog past 90% of enemies as long as you have a decent idea where you’re going but somehow that never works out on your first time through. Part of me wants to try it first time through DS3, but I will of course be taking it slowly and savouring the sweet gaming ambrosia for as long as I can.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it’s insanely well-done how you can just jog past 90% of enemies as long as you have a decent idea where you’re going but somehow that never works out on your first time through. Part of me wants to try it first time through DS3, but I will of course be taking it slowly and savouring the sweet gaming ambrosia for as long as I can.

i usually think of the encounters as the main reason i'm playing the game, so i'll typically 'win' an entire section at least once, and then once i have a shortcut or w/e unlocked, i'll jog past everything (unless the encounter is really fun, and then i'll do it anyway).

sometimes i make exceptions, like SOTFS iron keep, or the first part of nightmare of mensis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm curious if anyone's done the math to figure out how many souls are in a clean NG dsII world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm curious if anyone's done the math to figure out how many souls are in a clean NG dsII world

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

as much as I like the fights, it's really gratifying to figure out & iterate on a perfect path to run through an area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I don’t know, but I do know that it’s almost certainly a combination of the funny numbers. 2,970 etc. haha

• Locked thread