Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SynthOrange posted:

I'm not. :haw:

Also I figured out something and am just ignoring all Nexus requests. Every single person asking me to put my mods up on the Nexus? Doesnt own XCOM 2. :filez:

Unless you want your mods to be among the prestigious same ranks as Naked Female Squad Members v1.3!! [CBBE] [OXOL] you're probably better off not doing so anyway.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
my game was crashing on startup, so i deactivated every mod and now the main menu has TACTICAL and STRATEGY and DEBUG options on it?

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

SynthOrange posted:

Also I figured out something and am just ignoring all Nexus requests. Every single person asking me to put my mods up on the Nexus? Doesnt own XCOM 2. :filez:

you might just be a genius, check this quiz!!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Farg posted:

my game was crashing on startup, so i deactivated every mod and now the main menu has TACTICAL and STRATEGY and DEBUG options on it?

Thats dev mode! Reverify your files?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kennel posted:

Beagle finished his campaign with pretty rad shot
http://i.imgur.com/SmCGQui.webm

(not as rad as the Mec punch though)

Wait, he finished the campaign? I only see older stuff up to episode 9 on YouTube. Where's the rest?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SynthOrange posted:

It took you this long to figure that out?

CapnAndy posted:

I hate hate hate achievements popping up before the actions are complete on screen. Completely kills the suspense.

Same. Although I did realize fairly early on that the game does all the calculations for your overwatch fire at the start of the enemy turn, the achievements just cemented it.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
You're all hosed up weirdos for having steam overlay or whatever enabled instead of getting immersed in this humans w/bottles vs ayyyys?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

It took you this long to figure that out?

Pretty much.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Wait, he finished the campaign? I only see older stuff up to episode 9 on YouTube. Where's the rest?

His live Twitch campaign. Was doing slightly modded, but mostly vanilla. Now he's moving onto fully-broken modded funtimes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Profanity posted:

His live Twitch campaign. Was doing slightly modded, but mostly vanilla. Now he's moving onto fully-broken modded funtimes.

Oh, because he started one on YouTube that he hasn't touched in weeks. Alas.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I feel like I'm spending a lot of time verifying my game cache.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
A few hours later i manage to get the game to run, none of the customization mods work anyways.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hm, losing a data relay because an alien shot at it and missed on turn 1, causing a fire to start next to it and blow it up with no recourse 3 turns later is cool

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Waterbomb grenade, extinguishes fires, washes off acid. :haw:

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

SynthOrange posted:

Waterbomb grenade, extinguishes fires, washes off acid. :haw:

:fap:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

dyzzy posted:

Hm, losing a data relay because an alien shot at it and missed on turn 1, causing a fire to start next to it and blow it up with no recourse 3 turns later is cool

Something something that's xcom something something.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Thaaat's X"walkingoutoftheskyrangertogetstunbombedfromhalfwayacrossthemapbyasectoid"COM!

No really, thats some premium grade XCOM. Sorry for your loss. :smith:

Fired up the new DLC to be greeted to a aced gatecrasher with 3/4 of my team in jorts and silly hats. This... bodes very well! :allears:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So we have tiny top and hotpants now, where is my loving boobslider mod?

Also all my savegames are hosed up and confused hardcore cause of mods and etc i think after the update, lol ops.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Oh, so Anarchy's children also comes with legit kevlar props, and not just goofy kooky props, right?

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I don't know if there's some tactical genius I should be employing here, but I am getting shredded to pieces at this point. Once enemy units have enough health that I can't kill them by shooting them once, it's impossible for me to stem the tide. By the time I actually get any alien alloys to build any magnetic weapons, those will also be insufficient, and I haven't been able to keep any units alive long enough to even get the squad-size boosters.

We did a drop in to Cairo to attempt to rescue one of our other soldiers and get some intel...

And we managed a pretty solid opening move...

But things went predictably south as soon as the enemy showed up. We just don't have the power to put down those stun lancers reliably, and if they aren't dead, it's only providence that can save us from their lance.

This particular GimmiXCOM run is over.

I'm now accepting suggestions for what mods to use for the next one. Name five gameplay-affecting mods, I get to veto one.

Chosen so far:

Lprsti99 posted:

I'll be nice this time, other goons don't let me down :unsmigghh:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=634384547

rzal posted:

Here is one that could be good or bad depending on your style. Overwatch Ignores Concealment http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643456381

Lprsti99 posted:

If no one else suggests mods, here's a second to balance out Grimy's Loot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626109271

RiotGearEpsilon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 19, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Subjunctive posted:

Oh, because he started one on YouTube that he hasn't touched in weeks. Alas.

Even worse I remember he said he beat the game with that campaign, where he was bitching it was too easy because he had like 95% flawless and 0 soldier deaths. :eyepop:

Also he seems to be playing with some new voice pack, because I heard one of his soldiers say "Oh gently caress". What mod is that? Or is it Anarchy's Children?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I actually prefer non-workshop mods if there's a choice because steam workshop gives you too little control if the mod author updates or removes the mod (for example that saturation fire fix was apparently removed at some point, and made a bunch of peoples' saves screw up if they didn't have the mod to let you load saves with missing content). But yeah for most people they definitely just want mods to be on the nexus because :filez:

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Stun lancers turn into high health troopers when you flash bang them (disabled melee), which doesn't guarantee survival but does make it a little more likely. That said, you're playing with IESS+ without increased squad size, so all bets are off. :)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

To fix that, you can just move the mod from your workshop directory to your xcom mod directory.

Also I thought it was the weird anti-steam workshop group behind those requests.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I'm now accepting suggestions for what mods to use for the next one. Name five gameplay-affecting mods, I get to veto one.

RIP

I'll be nice this time, other goons don't let me down :unsmigghh:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=634384547

E: Does require Rename Secondary Weapons, it's linked on the page.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

dyzzy posted:

I had that exact situation on my first game, so I shamelessly save scummed that mission over and over until I was able to clear the map within those three turns.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Maluco Marinero posted:

Stun lancers turn into high health troopers when you flash bang them (disabled melee), which doesn't guarantee survival but does make it a little more likely. That said, you're playing with IESS+ without increased squad size, so all bets are off. :)

Don't forget that every pod was activating simultaneously.

If I had an unlimited supply of free flashbangs, I might have been able to swing it, maybe. But it was the panicking that was really doing me in. All the missions I won, I won because I was just unreasonably lucky.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Anyone know how to shorten psi training time?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I assume you mean besides staffing an engineer?

Haven't seen any mods that do that, no.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Are hot leather pants, alien leaders, and maybe MECs worth $16?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

monster on a stick posted:

Are hot leather pants worth $16?

do you really need to ask?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So late in the game I decided I might as well knock out the Psi gate mission that introduces Gatekeepers. Get close to the gate, Dominate a chrysalid with my Gifted class, and this happens.

I was so, so happy. I had three warsuits and blaster launchers ready. They were packing onto that thing so much the outer ones couldn't attack. IESS+ is so good sometimes.
:xcom:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SynthOrange posted:

Oh I saw an "Upload this to Nexus please, their system is much more convenient" request today on a mod and I was honestly baffled.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Oh I saw an "Upload this to Nexus please, their system is much more convenient" request today on a mod and I was honestly baffled.

Ah yes their vaunted more convenient than push button install with automatic updates and seamless account integration system...

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It is nice to not worry about a modder deciding to add a new dark event or remove it from the workshop.

I thought "haha, pirates, gotcha!" once when I saw someone ask, clicked on their user profile, and saw they had 40 hours in XCOM 2 according to Steam. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, I also assumed that people posting on a game's workshop had to have subscribed to the item first, then realized this was wrong only today. vOv This is actually the first time I've used the workshop on any steam game.

oh jeez now the idea to do a Shockmaster helmet is in my head.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I don't know if there's some tactical genius I should be employing here, but I am getting shredded to pieces at this point. Once enemy units have enough health that I can't kill them by shooting them once, it's impossible for me to stem the tide. By the time I actually get any alien alloys to build any magnetic weapons, those will also be insufficient, and I haven't been able to keep any units alive long enough to even get the squad-size boosters.

We did a drop in to Cairo to attempt to rescue one of our other soldiers and get some intel...

And we managed a pretty solid opening move...

But things went predictably south as soon as the enemy showed up. We just don't have the power to put down those stun lancers reliably, and if they aren't dead, it's only providence that can save us from their lance.

Chosen so far:

Ridiculous. It's cool that you stuck it out.

Here is one that could be good or bad depending on your style. Overwatch Ignores Concealment http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643456381

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

rzal posted:

Ridiculous. It's cool that you stuck it out.

I didn't stick it out that long, really. I put like two and a half hours in to it, tops, before I called it dead. I didn't reach the actual failure screen. But, man, I didn't want to spend another two and a half hours flailing around like the Two Best Friends.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, I also assumed that people posting on a game's workshop had to have subscribed to the item first, then realized this was wrong only today. vOv This is actually the first time I've used the workshop on any steam game.

oh jeez now the idea to do a Shockmaster helmet is in my head.

Make a cosmetic option for every slot that is covered in glitter and sequins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Idea for a small mod: Allow the option to use an action to reload a gun with an autoloader if you want so you can save autoloader charges for combat.