Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

It's kind of like how Predator is the single best 1980s action movie ever made. It's not even fair.

For a guy who is not at all a household name, John McTiernan really made awesome movies. If there's a close second to Predator its gotta be Die Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Wait is Hugh Jackman not in this? I thought this was going to be his last one.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Progress on the Lobo movie. Looks like we might actually get to see Danny Trejo ride on a flying motorcycle after all!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-writer-jason-fuchs-lobo-1201732108/

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

porfiria posted:

Wait is Hugh Jackman not in this? I thought this was going to be his last one.

He's doing a 3rd Wolverine and that's allegedly his last one.

He'll probably have a cameo in this though.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Progress on the Lobo movie. Looks like we might actually get to see Danny Trejo ride on a flying motorcycle after all!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-writer-jason-fuchs-lobo-1201732108/

Isn't he like 60+ years old though? I feel like Lobo needs to be a big buff dude, not 65 year old Danny Trejo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Basebf555 posted:

Isn't he like 60+ years old though? I feel like Lobo needs to be a big buff dude, not 65 year old Danny Trejo.

Trejo is in his seventies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

Let me give you a counter argument

Danny Trejo As Lobo

gently caress You that's the best casting.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

Let me give you a counter argument

Danny Trejo As Lobo

gently caress You that's the best casting.

Lobo's supposed to be a badass alien with an obnoxiously energetic personality. If a 70 year old man can pull it off then that's great, if anyone could I guess Trejo's the guy.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/finn-jones-confirmed-danny-rand-iron-fist
Finn Jones( Loras Tyrell from Game of Thrones) is confirmed as Daniel Rand for the Netflix Iron Fist.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BvS R-Rated cut to be 3 hours long

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

This is somehow connected to Deadpool, internet user posits.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Detective Dog Dick posted:

This is somehow connected to Deadpool, internet user posits.

Deborah Snyder is basically calls out that assertion in the article.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be a much better Lobo than Danny Trejo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someone said Danny McBride.

I don't know who Lobo is, but I would care more about that movie if Danny McBride was in it. Kinda how I feel about most things.

I care very much that there's a new Alien movie on the way. But I care even more that Danny McBride is in it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The MSJ posted:

9 Empire covers for the movie.

mass effect 4 looking good

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Elfgames posted:

No he saved the world, people had to save themselves.

it's the same as the saying "one death is a tragedy a million is a statistic."

So if you put out a fire that would have consumed a building and killed everyone inside you are somehow saving fewer lives than the one or two guys in the building who managed to keep their heads and usher a few people in their area out the fire doors?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be a much better Lobo than Danny Trejo.

This is good

CelticPredator posted:

This is gooooood

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

The MSJ posted:

I wonder how likely is Fox hiring Joss Whedon to direct a future X-Men movie. He did write X-Men before this (movie and comics) and they would probably let him do whatever the heck he wants.

It has always seemed like Joss Whedon is more of an X-men fan than an Avengers one. He wrote Astonishing X-men obviously and Scarlet Witch in AoU is pretty much just "we don't have the rights to Jean Grey so gently caress it, Wanda is a telepath now". But he might want to do something different now I guess.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Basebf555 posted:

She's an Oscar winner and one of the two or three most sought after actresses in Hollywood. Whatever they may be able to pay her for an X-Men movie, she could get more starring in something that might actually get critical acclaim, and help her career. X-men is an ensemble, they aren't going to offer her 20+ million for the amount of screentime Mystique typically gets. Its not like Hunger Games where she's the entire franchise.

I sort of figure give her and them a year or two and have someone try to pitch a Mystique solo film to her. It would maybe make sense from the Fox side of things to try it. WB will have Wonder Woman, Marvel will be probably close to getting Capt. Marvel going. With the exception of Elektra, Fox wouldn't have a solo female-lead superhero flick despite having the rights to probably most number of the popular Marvel female characters. Mystique is maybe their most popular character who seems to have an arc and a gimmick that could lend itself to a few solo stories pretty easily that they could keep as close or as far from their main X-Men franchise as they wanted.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

TetsuoTW posted:

Did I miss her or was Jubilee not in that trailer at all?

poo poo, if they've given her the Rogue treatment, I'm gonna be pissed.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

JediTalentAgent posted:

I sort of figure give her and them a year or two and have someone try to pitch a Mystique solo film to her. It would maybe make sense from the Fox side of things to try it. WB will have Wonder Woman, Marvel will be probably close to getting Capt. Marvel going. With the exception of Elektra, Fox wouldn't have a solo female-lead superhero flick despite having the rights to probably most number of the popular Marvel female characters. Mystique is maybe their most popular character who seems to have an arc and a gimmick that could lend itself to a few solo stories pretty easily that they could keep as close or as far from their main X-Men franchise as they wanted.

my one hope for the last wolverine movie is that it sets up or introduces x-23, it's a really obvious direction to go once jackman leaves

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

oddium posted:

mass effect 4 looking good

The movie is looking real sci-fi.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wouldn't say no to Danny McBride Lobo, but he's clearly Guy Gardner.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CelticPredator posted:

I don't know who Lobo is, but I would care more about that movie if Danny McBride was in it. Kinda how I feel about most things.

I care very much that there's a new Alien movie on the way. But I care even more that Danny McBride is in it.
The best version of Lobo was from the DCAU where he was voiced by that guy from Everyone Loves Raymond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

She's an Oscar winner and one of the two or three most sought after actresses in Hollywood. Whatever they may be able to pay her for an X-Men movie, she could get more starring in something that might actually get critical acclaim, and help her career. X-men is an ensemble, they aren't going to offer her 20+ million for the amount of screentime Mystique typically gets. Its not like Hunger Games where she's the entire franchise.

Which they also paid her gently caress all for.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Super-powered spy movie. There you go. Boom.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

achillesforever6 posted:

The best version of Lobo was from the DCAU where he was voiced by that guy from Everyone Loves Raymond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE

I'm.assuming this is Brad Garrett?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Ray Romano as Lobo please

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm surprisingly okay with Kenny Powers In Space.

It's not a hard character to nail. Exuberant and over the top. Frags his whole planet for a science project, gives himself an A. Trejo has the look and the balls, but I'm not sure he's got the energy for being manic on screen for an hour and a half.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan isn't a bad option either, pending he can turn the Ham up to 11.

Edit: Comic option: Ray Liotta

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Danny Trejo as harmless grandpa lobo who spends the movie rediscovering the joys of cocaine and murder.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Snowman_McK posted:

Which they also paid her gently caress all for.

Super-powered spy movie. There you go. Boom.

With comedy sideplot of her being an adoptive mother of a little girl named Anne Marie. Also, a romantic sideplot of her dating a a blind precog played by Helen Mirren.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm.assuming this is Brad Garrett?

Good way to answer unknown number calls

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Amber Heard is officially cast as Mera

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/710635684571299840

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kurzon posted:

How can Aquaman breathe underwater when water does not contain enough oxygen to support mammalian physiology?

He's a magic man who walks along the sea floor shirtless without being crushed like a tin can by the pressure. Why do you assume he breaths oxygen?

I said come in! posted:

She is on the same level to me as Wolverine. I am just really tired of seeing these two X-Men, when that universe has so many more interesting mutants. First Class killing a few of them really pissed me off but I still like the two current X-Men movies a lot. Also Sophie Turner looks stupid and out of place in Apocalypse.

The human brain is incapable of being tired of Hugh Jackman, so I don't see how this post can be true.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hugh Jackman should be Lobo for WB so when they do the Amalgam film he has to fight himself.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Maybe I'm broken, but the XMen trailer did nothing for me.

I think I might finally be reaching comic book movie fatigue. I'm not really excited about anything that's coming up.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That X-Men trailer is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I reached a state of spiritual ecstasy

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Ever since First Class, the X-men movies have always been way better than their trailers made them look. I'm fine with being underwhelmed by the trailer.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think I just still can't unsee Ivan Ooze.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
That's because the recent X-Men movies still suck at costume design and are not that great at action scenes either. They have good writing, though, and that doesn't convey well in a trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

9 Empire covers for the movie.

It looks like they forgot to photoshop in Sophie Turner's jetpack.

edit: Quicksilver noticed, too!

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 18, 2016

• Locked thread