Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"We understand that what the occupiers are asking for can't be granted with the stroke of a pen. We're on your side and we want a peaceful resolution. Now, Mr. FBI, do you think you could get someone in the government to admit to the heroes that their occupation was 100% successful and that their crusade needs to be addressed at a national level? Maybe Joe Biden could fly in and personally kiss Ammon's ring? We would settle for Obama but he's uhhhh..... anyway, part of a negotiation is that you have to concede something, so this is the thing you have to concede."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

cumshitter posted:

"We understand that what the occupiers are asking for can't be granted with the stroke of a pen. We're on your side and we want a peaceful resolution. Now, Mr. FBI, do you think you could get someone in the government to admit to the heroes that their occupation was 100% successful and that their crusade needs to be addressed at a national level? Maybe Joe Biden could fly in and personally kiss Ammon's ring? We would settle for Obama but he's uhhhh..... anyway, part of a negotiation is that you have to concede something, so this is the thing you have to concede."

This is not an exaggeration this is what the two people in this conference call were asking for. The sherrif said "we did make concessions, we'll give you a ride to the state border. Leave." and they were just completely caught flat footed that "no, get out" was all they were going to get after flashing their badges of office.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Krinkle posted:

"They're not terrorists, they're good citizens who've been pushed too far, and they feel they don't have another choice."

There's not a suicide bomber for al quaeda who ever thought he could change poo poo by voting so the only difference between the occupiers and them is the color of their skin and which book they hold aloft giving them divine right to do violence to people to enact political change.

e: oh and the courage to actually die for what you believe in instead of piss and moan asking why your failed violent insurrection of the united states got any feathers ruffled at all we're just camping...

Even though I hated them, At some level I had some respect for the fighters and bombers of al qaeda/isis/whoever the gently caress we were fighting in Iraq. At least they had the conviction to do something. When the going got not-even-all-that-tough-by-comparison, most of Vanilla ISIS gave up.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I kind of doubt they charge elected representatives (even lol-worthy state legislators) who can be portrayed as advocating policy. But gently caress those people. Extremely dangerous.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Then again, didn't a bunch of Sinn Fein guys go to jail? Maybe there isn't anything wrong with charging the representatives. Fiore was also at Bundy Ranch 2014 for like a week.

After this, the states' rollback attempt on gay marriage through "religious freedom" and the whole Trump shenanigans, I'm starting to think that convicting and imprisoning elected officials for doing active harm to America should be a thing, at least on the state level and below.

red19fire posted:

Even though I hated them, At some level I had some respect for the fighters and bombers of al qaeda/isis/whoever the gently caress we were fighting in Iraq. At least they had the conviction to do something. When the going got not-even-all-that-tough-by-comparison, most of Vanilla ISIS gave up.

I doubt even Tarpman thought he was actually going to die, despite all his bluster on those videos. It was too bad the feds and the state police called his bluff.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Krinkle posted:

"They're not terrorists, they're good citizens who've been pushed too far, and they feel they don't have another choice."

There's not a suicide bomber for al quaeda who ever thought he could change poo poo by voting so the only difference between the occupiers and them is the color of their skin and which book they hold aloft giving them divine right to do violence to people to enact political change.

e: oh and the courage to actually die for what you believe in instead of piss and moan asking why your failed violent insurrection of the united states got any feathers ruffled at all we're just camping...

I'm also pretty sure that they wouldn't wave guns in people's faces, then complain that they're being persecuted because peaceful while doing so. It's gotten to the point where I almost respect people who make atrocities their main tactic by design above these guys. At least they have the balls to give something up for their beliefs rather than these bloated manchildren.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
On the topic of loud mouthed pussies:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/oregon_standoff_figure_arreste.html#incart_big-photo

Not sure if he's the redacted name in the most recent superseding indictment or an additional defendant. He hasn't been charged with the offenses in the Malheur indictment.

Pretty interesting he was in a neighboring county this long after the standoff.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kazak_Hstan posted:

On the topic of loud mouthed pussies:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/oregon_standoff_figure_arreste.html#incart_big-photo

Not sure if he's the redacted name in the most recent superseding indictment or an additional defendant. He hasn't been charged with the offenses in the Malheur indictment.

Pretty interesting he was in a neighboring county this long after the standoff.

He could be, but I'm thinking the redacted name is probably Sheriff Palmer, just because he's a ranking official and would be somewhat problematic if his name was actually revealed.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Krinkle posted:

This is not an exaggeration this is what the two people in this conference call were asking for. The sherrif said "we did make concessions, we'll give you a ride to the state border. Leave." and they were just completely caught flat footed that "no, get out" was all they were going to get after flashing their badges of office.

They were really, really lovely negotiators. Just off the top of my head here are a few of the mistakes they made:

-Asked for complete concession to the occupier's demands while not even being able to promise that the occupation would end
-Insulted the office of every Harney official that was present
-Defended Ammon against every slight, no matter how small
-Demanded proof that the complaints of the Harney residents were real
-Called judge Grasty irrational because he was justifiably angry that his wife lived in mortal fear every time he left the house
-Questioned the legitimacy and authority of the people they were negotiating with ("Oh yeah does your boss know what you're doing?")
-Acted as if they were above the people they were negotiating with ("Those county officials can't compete with us slick state assemblyfolk")
-Constantly ignored everything the Harney people were saying, asking for repeated confirmations for the same question

All this while they brought literally nothing to the table. Like yeah, maybe you're hot poo poo in the Nevada Assembly's 3rd congressional district, Michele Fiore, but that doesn't mean jack poo poo here in Oregon. Also I just realized I've been mistakenly referring to Michele Fiore as Carly in my previous posts so sorry if that caused any confusion because I mistook her name for a marginally more important political lady.

cumshitter has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Mar 18, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Everyone knows terrorists = muslims, like look up terrorist in a dictionary and it just says "synonym for muslim" :downs:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
State legislators are some of the dumbest, most self-important people out there.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Young Freud posted:

I doubt even Tarpman thought he was actually going to die, despite all his bluster on those videos. It was too bad the feds and the state police called his bluff.

I disagree. He very clearly was reaching for a gun and had to know how that would end for him. I also think he truly believed he'd be a martyr whose death would inspire an armed uprising.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Cubey posted:

I disagree. He very clearly was reaching for a gun and had to know how that would end for him. I also think he truly believed he'd be a martyr whose death would inspire an armed uprising.

He was. He inspired an uprising of patriots from their lawn chairs to go poop in a ditch and return to their fire to snack.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-keeps-cliven-bundy-jail-citing-history-resistance-n541156

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cheap Shot posted:

He was. He inspired an uprising of patriots from their lawn chairs to go poop in a ditch and return to their fire to snack.

ironically he's cleaning up the country for the rest of us

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LOL, that's great.

quote:

"If Cliven Bundy was a threat I wouldn't want him home," Carol Bundy said. "I would love to have my husband and my sons and all the patriots home with their families so they can prepare to fight for this."

"He's not a flight risk like they said, but there again, show me where the federal government should have a right to even decide this," she said.

:laugh:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

LOL, that's great.

:laugh:

Haha oh man

"he needs to come home so we can arm ourselves for the upcoming rebellion we have planned"

Real loving smooth lady

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he didn do nuffin

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Haha oh man

"he needs to come home so we can arm ourselves for the upcoming rebellion we have planned"

Real loving smooth lady

I wouldn't have thought these people existed until I was propogated by a militia in a PA gun store.

Plan Z has issued a correction as of 09:46 on Mar 18, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He's gonna die in prison and all your property is going to get seized you dumb bitch.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Epic High Five posted:

Haha oh man

Real loving smooth lady

"No, you see, he was so peaceful. He never personally shot anyone. He just threatened to do so and asked other people to do the same. Totally different.

He won't run. He'll just hold up in his compound and surround himself with heavily armed, but very peaceful, followers."

I hope that neither he, more his feral plague cows see the light of day again.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Epic High Five posted:

Haha oh man

Real loving smooth lady
They are dumb people and think we are dumber.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
remember how there was a redacted name on that list of people charged? I wonder

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
let him go and then Waco his house IMO

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Al! posted:

remember how there was a redacted name on that list of people charged? I wonder

I'm guessing it was someone who's underage, as you legally can't release minor's names afaik

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Geostomp posted:

feral plague cows

stealing this for the name of my ironic 3%er metal band

it'll be like GWAR with tarps and fat dudes in army surplus ACUs

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Loden Taylor posted:

And instead of slamdancing and moshing, they'll all fumble around like they have palsy and then fall down and cry about their rights. Then poo poo in a hole they half-heartedly dig in the floor until security ushers them out.

How many revolutionaries in history have gone before their oppressors and cried about a lack of bail, again?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Then again, didn't a bunch of Sinn Fein guys go to jail? Maybe there isn't anything wrong with charging the representatives. Fiore was also at Bundy Ranch 2014 for like a week.

A lot of Sinn Fein guys were actual members of the IRA.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

State legislators are some of the dumbest, most self-important people out there.

This used to blow my mind until I took one good look at the Presidential candidates and imagined ten thousand of these sorts of people operating with none of the public scrutiny which--occasionally, with luck--manages to weed out your occasional Bobby Jindal or Rick Perry.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

McNerd posted:

This used to blow my mind until I took one good look at the Presidential candidates and imagined ten thousand of these sorts of people operating with none of the public scrutiny which--occasionally, with luck--manages to weed out your occasional Bobby Jindal or Rick Perry.

Also remember that nobody cares about local elections like, at all, except old people with too much time and a frothing hatred of feral urbans. It's a shame too because local and state elections are much more likely to effect you personally than who's president.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Loden Taylor posted:

Braveheart bagpipes as the intro for Horror of Yig :black101:

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
The federal government is illegitimate, so I don't have to pay for gas!

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/710908213638508544

What a fuckstick.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
And that legal genius will get to show us all how wrong we are

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/ryan-bundy-lawyer-represent-himself-court-trial/

quote:

“I need to be heard; my voice needs to be heard,” Ryan Bundy responded when asked why he wanted to represent himself.

Bundy told the judge he had observed his brother, Ammon Bundy, had been silenced in other court proceedings when he wanted to speak.

“I need to be able to speak when the time is right,” Ryan Bundy said.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You can talk all you want Droopy.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Another Bundy militant arrested after threatening to ‘start shooting federal law enforcement’

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Shakenbaker posted:

Braveheart bagpipes as the intro for Horror of Yig :black101:

I want to hear this so bad now

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 47(a)(2) provides that a sovereign defendant, upon his unjust conviction in a court of maritime law, is entitled to a bagpipe processional as he is remanded back to custody of the unlawful government.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I Wish I Was In Dixie may also be played at the defendants request

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Ryan Bundy becomes second defendant in Oregon standoff case to waive right to an attorney

:getin: This is setting up to be really promising!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There have been legal scholars that have suggested that people asserting sovcit defenses should lose their right to self representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They should. As funny as it is, the amount of self harm they inflict upon themselves is consistent with how a mentally incompetent person would represent themselves.

That said, I would love it if their court appointed attorneys tormented the people they represent by saying they're creating joinder against their consent or pretending they can't hear them unless they speak as their corporate person-boat.