Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
X-Com 2: Fighting pudding men with my tits out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Well... crap.

I had a look in the packages for the downloads. There's definitely a nude female torso in there too. :v: get ready for a barrage of them in the workshop.

Only female humans? What the gently caress were they thinking.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

SynthOrange posted:

oh jeez now the idea to do a Shockmaster helmet is in my head.

He is going to SHOCK the elders!
Because he is!
The SHOCK
MASTER!

Odobenidae posted:

Only female humans? What the gently caress were they thinking.
It's been over a month and there are still no snaketits mods, I don't know whether the community has impressed or disappointed me.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

He is going to SHOCK the elders!
Because he is!
The SHOCK
MASTER!

It's been over a month and there are still no snaketits mods, I don't know whether the community has impressed or disappointed me.

It impressed me but then the Stardew Valley mods started happening. It all balances out in the end.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Annointed posted:

Uh guys

http://i.imgur.com/WmUW0Dk

I have no idea what happened, all I did was remove some mods, now I can't change skin tones, even in the character pool.

I was getting that too. I think removing 'more skin tones' makes them all super black, and unchangeable. Same thing for eyes/armor/hair or whatever you modded.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So I was thinking Long War was easier than expected (Normal Bronzeman), was getting A most months with one or two Bs, lost a couple of satellites until I spread my interceptors out and picked up some laser cannons and foundry upgrades and now I’m doing well enough in the air game, and now it’s August and there are Muton Berserkers and Mechtoids and Cyberdisks everywhere and all my dudes are gravely wounded oh god.

At least I’m beginning psi training and I’ve built the genetics lab and MEC… place, now to figure out how they actually work since I never played Enemy Within until now.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Holy crap commander+ bronzeman is amazing and I don't know why I didn't play it sooner.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

LowellDND posted:

I was getting that too. I think removing 'more skin tones' makes them all super black, and unchangeable. Same thing for eyes/armor/hair or whatever you modded.

Removing the 'more skin tones' 'more armor color' mods and the like leaves a whole bunch of unusable junk info in the game. Reverify. :v:

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm kinda surprised that the editor or the .ini files haven't revealed any hints as to the nature of the DLC class (Shen's Last Gift). From what I've read here about the editor and how much of a mess it is in some places they must've done a pretty good cleanup job to wipe out any trace before release.

No original insights here, but with their huge focus on soldier customization as a core game feature it seems less likely that it would be a purely robotic entity like a SHIV rather than some sort of cybernetic soldier that can still take advantage of all the silly hats while offering a bunch of new customization options like weapons attached to or concealed within limbs or hell even the torso. I'm thinking of a solider with a profile similar to that of the T3 armor but after seeing all the crazy poo poo in today's DLC they could easily go down the EW MEC path again.

And having said all that, I can also think of reasons why it might be a SHIV after all. It makes a certain amount of thematic sense for XCOM to have robots of their own what with the whole 'using their technology against them' thing, and from a gameplay perspective one obvious thing that Team XCOM currently lacks is a unit that can stand outside cover and take all the hits (while being immune to flanking like an Archon), though from comments made in that RPS Jake interview from a few weeks ago that kind of 'stand still and shoot' gameplay probably wouldn't have made the cut.

Then again, uh, SHIVs wouldn't need additional voice lines for their new abilities?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I hope Shen's legacy is MEC's again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No it's some kind of antenna.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

No, the proud people of the Cyberdisks have defected from the coalition and joined XCOM and we'll get to play as them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it would b ereally weird if player MECs weren't in at all

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I was doing a VIP extraction mission and was once more pissed beyond all belief they stuck the evac point on the tallest building ever, wound up accidentally blowing it up and getting it moved to street level right next to the VIP

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
I'm guessing I'm gonna have to work out which of my dozen+ mods is causing the game not to start since this patch?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Been looking at the stuff that's included with this mod. You might want to look at stuff that interacts directly with armor

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Digirat posted:

They made me a terrorist the moment they added the pudding man enemies and I am not apologetic about it.

For me XCOM first did a terrorism when a civilian decided to run and hide next to a pod but still in fog. There was no warning about the shredstorm cannon. :v:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

For me XCOM first did a terrorism when a civilian decided to run and hide next to a pod but still in fog. There was no warning about the shredstorm cannon. :v:

um actually it sounds like you killed a filthy xeno collaborator not seeing the problem here

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Been looking at the stuff that's included with this mod. You might want to look at stuff that interacts directly with armor

Thanks for the advice it was 'all armours available' mod

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
Jesus I just started playing and all my soldiers look like loving morons. This new DLC is terrible

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Suitaru posted:

um actually it sounds like you killed a filthy xeno collaborator not seeing the problem here

I bet it was the same rear end in a top hat who hid behind a pole one tile from my landing zone and revealed me immediately too. I feel a lot better about blowing him up now!

e: The Anarchy's Children stuff is even dumber than I had hoped.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Faithless posted:

Jesus I just started playing and all my soldiers look like loving morons. This new DLC is terrible

You should thank this thread for making it clear to firaxis that this game is literally unplayable if you can't stick your soldiers in neon animal masks.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It's like some unholy combination of the just cause and my little pony fanbase in here

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
I have no idea what they were thinking. This is a bladerunner esque future not borderlands

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

X-COM Creator Julian Gollop Announces New ‘Turn-Based Tactical Combat Game’

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/18/new-x-com-game/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/18/new-x-com-game ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh ahhhh

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

vorebane posted:

I can confirm that modding is hard.

I fixed the localisation problem

But now the game won't recognise changes to increasing or decreasing Volatile Mix blast radius

arghhhhhhh why is this so difficult?!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Okay that advent base was loving ridiculous. I'm thankful every day that Sectoids are more focused on creating new Adds than they are shooting me with their guns.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Moola posted:

I fixed the localisation problem

But now the game won't recognise changes to increasing or decreasing Volatile Mix blast radius

arghhhhhhh why is this so difficult?!

Because you don't know what you're doing and cause and effect can be really far removed when you're modding a game?

In other news, I modded Gatecrasher this evening to have exponential reinforcement, and extraction as a success condition, and aside from a few VOs here and there that are out of place, it worked really well.

All corpse based costs will need to be rebalanced though, I think I'll see if I can make the enemy carry-able, if I can do that then we're golden in terms of making corpses recoverable in evac missions, and then the rest get bolstered by supply raid missions (which I'll make winnable, but probably include a distress beacon like the UFO mission to push the player in)

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Blisster posted:

Well after the Anarchy's Children launch the game crashes on startup for me. I took the threads advice and uninstalled a bunch of voice packs, I now have less mods than before but still no dice. I also verified the game cache and restarted the computer but it's not helping. Anybody have any ideas? I hate to be that guy begging for tech advice in the thread but I really need to go make some shirtless soldiers.

Look for mods like All Armor Options and turn them off. This one crashes the game now, so others like it might as well.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Does hunter's instinct affect sword attacks?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

nickmeister posted:

Does hunter's instinct affect sword attacks?

No, but there is a mod for that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=627968794&searchtext=hunter

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Maluco Marinero posted:

Because you don't know what you're doing and cause and effect can be really far removed when you're modding a game?

u salty lil bitch...

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Are these bioshock guys supposed to have some kind of effect going off as they walk around? Dr Gobshite told me to avoid their toxic emissions but I can't actually see anything being emitted. The bloke did make a train completely disappear by standing beside it though, which was neat. :v:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Pilchenstein posted:

Are these bioshock guys supposed to have some kind of effect going off as they walk around? Dr Gobshite told me to avoid their toxic emissions but I can't actually see anything being emitted. The bloke did make a train completely disappear by standing beside it though, which was neat. :v:

Once you kill their first form and the suit takes over, they'll trail toxic goo behind them. It's not really all that threatening and I think it disappears after two turns. Just try not to walk through it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also instead of a grenade they shoot out acid clouds. They only use it when other forces would use a grenade though, so if you keep your troops spaced far enough apart you'd never see it.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Moola posted:

u salty lil bitch...

I'm not saying that I DO know what I'm doing. That's just why modding is real hard. But then you've made a change to this big thing and it's all yours, so it's great. :)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh I getcha

Yeah it felt real good when I finally managed to do the simple task of copying a pre-existing ability and make it a new one with slightly different stats :)

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Also instead of a grenade they shoot out acid clouds. They only use it when other forces would use a grenade though, so if you keep your troops spaced far enough apart you'd never see it.

It does make dominating them great though, since its basically a cooldown acid grenade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ilustforponydeath posted:

It's like some unholy combination of the just cause and my little pony fanbase in here

What is this even supposed to mean