Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Nodoze posted:

I miss instant TK EX cannon strike

Me too man... me too...

We're bad people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

cougar cub posted:

Do you have to tech a throw from neutral for it to go through?

Just like my real mom, you missed the internet sarcasm

No, I think you should look up those words

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Oh man, when Mika does EX Brimstone (kick throw) she says "Bada bing" and when Nadeshiko comes in she says "Bada Boom".

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

FordCQC posted:

Oh man, when Mika does EX Brimstone (kick throw) she says "Bada bing" and when Nadeshiko comes in she says "Bada Boom".

I have it on japanse all they seem to do is "yay!" together which is cute.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

Klades posted:

It's also worth noting that Tenko->Vskill->immediate forward jump gives you an ambiguous crossup if they quickrise (for some of the cast pressing MK late is a crossup and pressing it earlier is non-crossup, for the rest you have to take a brief step forward before you jump to get the crossup). If they backrise instead you'll still force them to block. It loses to some invincible reversals, though.

While we're talking about Karin, why the hell does ex kicks even exist? I feel like her other moves had some kind of thought put into their creation (even if it was a bad thought) but I just can't figure out what ex kicks is supposed to be for.

EX mujin is a low crush move. It'll blow through any move that attacks her waist and below. It's also safe on block.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Final Round in Atlanta, GA is this weekend. It's the first SFV Premier Event of the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour so a lot of heavy hitters will be in attendance. 1st place winner earns a guaranteed spot in the Capcom Cup.

Stream Schedule
SFV Team Tourney starts at 12PM EST Friday on https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
SFV Singles Tourney starts at 8AM EST Saturday on http://twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Brackets
https://smash.gg/tournament/final-round-19/brackets

teagone fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 18, 2016

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

863 entrants for SFV, 1113 entrants for all 11 other games combined. Gee I wonder what the main event is.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I don't know if RainEnds is anyone professional or not but they beat the living poo poo out of me for about 30 matches straight. Probably just an average player I took a round off of them here and there. But they kept switching characters and were quite good with all of them.

It really sucked seeing the different in skil llevel where I could block all there moves but I don't know how to punish or force combos and apply pressure compared to them.

Like I could get a jab here and there but when it came to comboing no prayer. Like I felt so powerless. I could read their moves and I knew what they were going to do 99% of the time because I kept blocking and lasted a good while but still just not being able to do anything back is frustrating.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
anyone good wanna fight me sometime i play birdie and live in the northeast usa my fightpunch name is "OROCHIMILEYCYRUS"

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

anime was right posted:

"OROCHIMILEYCYRUS"
:eyepop:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
That's a good name alright

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

anime was right posted:

anyone good wanna fight me sometime i play birdie and live in the northeast usa my fightpunch name is "OROCHIMILEYCYRUS"

Did you have a sub/alt account named YouBleedLikeMIley or something like that? Cause I think I played you if you did.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Capcom outsourced SFV netcode to a Korean mobile app game developer?

https://mobile.twitter.com/dantarion/status/710570775422455808

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I thought that's probably for their server backend but nope, real time p2p multiplayer. So much for "we're not licensing GGPO because we're writing our own netcode!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Klades posted:

It's also worth noting that Tenko->Vskill->immediate forward jump gives you an ambiguous crossup if they quickrise (for some of the cast pressing MK late is a crossup and pressing it earlier is non-crossup, for the rest you have to take a brief step forward before you jump to get the crossup). If they backrise instead you'll still force them to block. It loses to some invincible reversals, though.

While we're talking about Karin, why the hell does ex kicks even exist? I feel like her other moves had some kind of thought put into their creation (even if it was a bad thought) but I just can't figure out what ex kicks is supposed to be for.

It can push people a pretty crazy distance even if it's not an optimal damage combo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I suppose if I was better at tenko combos those get solid distance too...ill get there.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

In Training posted:

I suppose if I was better at tenko combos those get solid distance too...ill get there.

This is where I'm at. I'm pretty good at getting that confirm into instant tenko, but about 25% of the time I choke, because I'm surprised my combo didn't get blocked, and forget to follow up with a second tenko or mujin or Super.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out why the simple CR.MK -> qcb.HK link wasn't working online but I could do it flawlessly against randomly blocking training dummies until I realized that I'm a complete dumbass and forgot that in a real match I'm always holding down back not just down so I was never actually doing a quarter circle back in a real game :grin:

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Double Bill posted:

863 entrants for SFV, 1113 entrants for all 11 other games combined. Gee I wonder what the main event is.

We're still doing registration through Friday night so more than likely SFV will actually end up with 1000+

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still need to enter for SFV as well, so expect my report on being eliminated from pools

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Arzachel posted:

I thought that's probably for their server backend but nope, real time p2p multiplayer. So much for "we're not licensing GGPO because we're writing our own netcode!"

P2p just means how clients connect to each other, not how they communicate once connected.

It's just a back end to connect clients together through socket management and connection pools after first connecting to a server. The net code is completely separate and not handled by the service.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 18, 2016

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

inthesto posted:

Am I nuts or is Nash's best anti-air just moving under the other guy (whether it's with a dash of f.lk)?

Against really deep jumps this isn't a bad strategy, though going for the air throw might be better. It feels awkward at first because you have to hit it a lot later than you'd think, but most of the time cr.MP is your best AA. You can cancel it into fireball for chip and pressure; you can also cancel into moonsault, it's hella not real but it'll blow people up if they don't expect it. At further ranges st.HK and f.LK work well.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

P2p just means how clients connect to each other, not how they communicate once connected.

It's just a back end to connect clients together through socket management and connection pools after first connecting to a server. The net code is completely separate and not handled by the service.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they've gone on record somewhere saying they implemented their own rollback netcode

e: "new proprietary netcode codenamed Kagemusha"

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Double Bill posted:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

SUCK A SHIN AKUMA DICK SHINE

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
How the eff do you unlock the Killer Bee title? I wanna be on a swarm. An early unlock guide said play/win 10 ranked matches, but that didn't do it. Switched from Bison to Scammy to get it and I've played and won a whole lot more than 10 and just have Precision (blue), Flash (blue), Cat Cafe (green), and Flickering (red). Started having fun with her though so thankful for the excuse to try a new char out.

Maybe it's for survival modes? :slitwrists:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

this is super good lmao

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i reinstalled and turned off v-sync and the game immediately felt better, but then my first match ragequit and the second was teleporting on a 5 bar connection and uninstalled again thanks for reading

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

this is super good lmao

They call it Kagemusha because it's a body double and you think it's something it's not

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

They call it Kagemusha because it's a body double and you think it's something it's not

i thought it was to indicate how i am always fighting my opponent's afterimage

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

why can't big company capcom just make their own videogame instead of outsourcing it to random poo poo companies like dimps and these guys

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

why can't big company capcom just make their own videogame instead of outsourcing it to random poo poo companies like dimps and these guys

all their talent except monhun and the dmc/dragons dogma guy have quit or been run out

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

darealkooky posted:

You'd be surprised just how much stuff in any given video game is either licensed middleware or contracted labor from someone else. Hell, Capcom's been doing this poo poo since the NES days. Most of their early NES ports were handled by an uncredited outfit named Micronix.

That said, yeah, by now they should be able to hire better.

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

So how long do people think it'll be before this goes on sale? Did SFIV, or Capcom's games in general, take a long time to go on sale? I hear at least they're only ever going to release a single physical version of this, and then all future content is just downloaded, thank god.

I'm really only a casual fighting game fan who's actually interested in arcade / offline modes and such, so no way I can justify spending full price on what is apparently a half finished game.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Koldenblue posted:

So how long do people think it'll be before this goes on sale? Did SFIV, or Capcom's games in general, take a long time to go on sale? I hear at least they're only ever going to release a single physical version of this, and then all future content is just downloaded, thank god.

I'm really only a casual fighting game fan who's actually interested in arcade / offline modes and such, so no way I can justify spending full price on what is apparently a half finished game.

play a different genre like beatemups or a different fighter with a cool combo system imo, there is nothing in a game like this outside of competing with other human beings since the combo system is so dry. i dont think this game is going to go on sale until they have more than a few DLC things for purchase

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

darealkooky posted:

you actually don't want this

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

GG Xrd was "made" by epic games

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

darealkooky posted:

Why do you think they had to get Sony to fund this? Capcom is broke, they're little more than the IP holder

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Koldenblue posted:

If you're planning to grab it on Steam, just add it to your Wishlist and it'll likely get a discount in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Double Bill posted:

Why do you think they had to get Sony to fund this? Capcom is broke, they're little more than the IP holder

How does a company end up going broke when they've got Monster Hunter/Street Fighter/Resident Evil/Mega Man/Ace Attorney/Devil May Cry etc etc