Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

I found that as the different wines I tried got drier the more I disliked them, and IIRC pinot noir is pretty fuckin' dry?

I think I'd like fruity drinks or cocktails but then I think to myself 'why not just skip the alcohol bit', then I do :v:

Hmph. I dismiss you lust for fruity wine.

But I shall then say

Drink a Bloody Mary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i just do rum and coke

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I never did try e.g. rum and coke or vodka and OJ/sprite or whatever, maybe I will if I'm bored this weekend

Drunktimes aside, I suddenly want to play Just Cause 2, then I remembered there's a JC3 now. Did that turn out any good?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

last i heard it was buggy as poo poo on PC, c/d?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Cider tastes pretty good and can do the job. Also shots of fireball where the alcohol gets overwhelmed by the cinnamon and knowledge that you're drinking mild toxins used in antifreeze

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Mixed drinks are indeed prolly the way to go if you don't like the taste of any alcohol. Simple classic ones are rum and Coke, whiskey and Coke, screwdrivers (vodka/OJ), or cheap margaritas (storebought margarita mix and tequila). Drink them from a glass with lots of ice. Experiment with alcohol to sugary drink ratios until you find a sweet spot.

Some people will tell you to buy the cheapest poo poo you can find for those kind of drinks and others will swear they can tell a big difference, but in any case don't spend more than ~$20 on a bottle of mixing liquor if you don't even know what you like/think all alcohol tastes vile.

If you enjoy it you can start reading up on more exotic/complicated cocktails that involve several ingredients, and after a while you'll develop a sense for what kinds of mixers (i.e. fruit juice VS cola) compliment what kinds of liquor. You may end up discovering a new hobby!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

When I was a kid I thought it was lame how majora's mask only had 4 donjons, and then as I got older I realized that majora's mask has like 8 donjons, it's just that 4 of them are pretty well integrated into the story and aren't explicitly called donjons.

Even if it only had 4, that game is about so much more than just its dungeons. The game reuses tons of assets from Ocarina and had horrific framerate issues when it was released but god drat was it well designed.

Fun thing if you haven't played the 3DS remake: instead of just making link bigger, the giant mask now makes link turn into a big fisted lumbering giant version of himself who can do sick KOF combos on the worm boss.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad hyrule warriors has a rupee glitch that lets me level up my characters quicker than just grinding rupees normally

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

Who do I have to kill to make a Test Drive Unlimited 3
It's already out, it's called The Crew and you have terrible taste.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

My friend.

My dear, dear friend.

Allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of pinot noir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXqhgLjkcCU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
More Great Giana Maker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdafs2bnrTQ

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Naughty Dog games on sale on PSN this week. I figured I'd get the Nathan Drake Collection so I can replay Uncharted in glorious 60FPS on my lovely PS4. I'm looking forward to trying it out after work tomorrow night. :unsmith:

(Tonight was spent submitting myself to Stardew Valley... again)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How much is the collection? I've been waiting for that to go on sale.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Thought b4 I lay down: I wish they'd put the shined-up PSP version of Final Fantasy Tactics on a non-phone platform cool people have like Steam or 3DS

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, the mobile ports are actually pretty decent but ugh touch controls

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Grimace posted:

Naughty Dog games on sale on PSN this week. I figured I'd get the Nathan Drake Collection so I can replay Uncharted in glorious 60FPS on my lovely PS4. I'm looking forward to trying it out after work tomorrow night. :unsmith:

(Tonight was spent submitting myself to Stardew Valley... again)
Is the Jak and Daxter collection up there?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I would kill for FFT to be available on Steam. It's a move they really should have made and I'm kind of surprised they have not done so yet, given the success of their other iOS/Android ports.

Sakurazuka posted:

How much is the collection? I've been waiting for that to go on sale.

$30. I think you can apparently get the box version on Amazon for around $32, but I didn't feel like waiting for the disc to arrive. These days I'm relying less and less on discs and just going entirely digital because, as little hard drive space I usually have, it just still feels easier as long as I have an internet connection.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is the Jak and Daxter collection up there?

Mostly no, I guess. They have the VITA version of the Jak & Daxter collection for $8, and the PS3 version of Jak & Daxter- none of the sequels. Why they would have the Vita version and not the PS3 version also on sale is beyond me.

e: Jak 1 on PS3 is $1.59 though.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 18, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's okay, I'm the only person who cares about that series.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's okay, I'm the only person who cares about that series.

then why dont you own every version of it already. just another lie form the mods.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks
~£20 is fairly tempting but I've already spent way too much on games this month...

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Forgot to mention, but for anyone who cares, those PSN sale prices were with PS+ added. Without, they're still on sale, but not as low.

And now I drift to sleep. Bon nuit, mes amis.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Stux posted:

NX controller spotted

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154552

its an oval iphone with two sticks and two shoulder buttons. everything else will be touch. lmao.

Stux posted:

this image in 2020 will be titled: "looking back on nintendo's last console"

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
So Warcraft 3 has been patched again recently and we are getting a balance patch in the future.

Got the itch to find my CDs and take the blade master for a spin on ladder like the good old days :gbsmith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

then why dont you own every version of it already. just another lie form the mods.
I was asking if it was up so other people could buy it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is really bad. I don't own a Wii, but we had one at the office and it was fun for what it is. This thing, I don't even know.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I have yet to find an alcoholic drink that doesn't taste pretty vile

Granted I haven't tried very hard

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good morning thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

Stuntman Ignition is so good. It's so loving good. Holy jesus. We'll never get another one like it. Or Driver San Francisco.

They sit atop the pantheon of "Unconventional Racing Games What Kick rear end."

I didn't like the handling in driver San Francisco at all

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Paladinus posted:

This is really bad. I don't own a Wii, but we had one at the office and it was fun for what it is. This thing, I don't even know.

It's not real

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

That looks extremely sick if it's real

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not real

But is it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Paladinus posted:

But is it?

No

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stux posted:

hate to see my friends fight ...

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

There's been rumors about the NX being some kind of touch-screen controller for months now. I don't know why you'd be so quick to assume this is fake.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PantsBandit posted:

There's been rumors about the NX being some kind of touch-screen controller for months now. I don't know why you'd be so quick to assume this is fake.

It doesn't have any loving buttons

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Stux posted:

Lol it's like someone looked at the patent documents and made a mockup exactly to spec, as if patent documents aren't made specifically to be uselessly vague.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

codenameFANGIO posted:

It doesn't have any loving buttons

Yes, it does. They're just semi-transparent. There are clearly A and B buttons under the right thumbstick.

You can see triggers too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or handles, or real analog sticks. lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, I'm not gonna get taint reaped by that controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah, I'm not gonna get taint reaped by that controller.

I'm sure that you don't have to use your taint to use it but I appreciate the option to do so.

• Locked thread