Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

huhu posted:

I had a great moment tonight. Video is a bit laggy since it's my first time recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3Rqno5cHc

a bit??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Janna... ~main~

I know you've linked your replay.gg page before and it's sort of public anyway, but I feel like I should ask just out of courtesy: Is it cool with you if I go through your replays/link to a friend who mains Janna? She's been hovering around high gold this season and trying to improve. I've just been trying to improve at support in general since I end up in that role a lot when duo queuing.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/s/KiiLeugayZ_7

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Zerilan posted:

I know you've linked your replay.gg page before and it's sort of public anyway, but I feel like I should ask just out of courtesy: Is it cool with you if I go through your replays/link to a friend who mains Janna? She's been hovering around high gold this season and trying to improve. I've just been trying to improve at support in general since I end up in that role a lot when duo queuing.

Please do

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What's a good champion that can play a couple different positions I can reliably pick? I was thinking Kayle for Top/Mid/JG but she's real FOTM now and gets picked/banned pretty often.

Nunu if you're a fun person and Morgana if you like winning.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
How to make a baron call

probably could have gotten it without the fight but we ran towards it a little slow and didn't have full committal. You also got to see our biggest problem that game: Nocturne. Any fight we took I didn't have flash we lost, because that guy was at a point where he would ult me, Q>Auto and I would die. He was their only threat fortunately

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 18, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Xoidanor posted:

Nunu is p bad in the jungle and really bad everywhere else

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

Nunu is p bad in the jungle and really bad everywhere else

b-b-but the thread jerks off to nunu endlessly whenever people bring him up, he must be good!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

b-b-but the thread jerks off to nunu endlessly whenever people bring him up, he must be good!

That was mostly me and welp

Apparently his win rate shot back up so it's time to give him another try. I did one game of runic echoes on him and it went super well though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

All right are y'all ready for this:

Goonu

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
GoonU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lowtx

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Xoidanor posted:

Morgana is insanely fun to play if you play her aggressively

some matchups are more easy to fight aggressively but others it's often a better idea to farm it out. also I love baiting ahri charms and poo poo like that with black shield, then rolling them with Q W R

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dude, people used to say going annie sup is good and now they hate it and i cry

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tired Moritz posted:

dude, people used to say going annie sup is good and now they hate it and i cry

because she got mega mondo nerfed constantly, her AA range is poo poo now and the land of support Nautilus Braum and Alistar is not kind to her.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Go support Poppy and laugh every time they dare to pick Allistar or Yasuo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Well Hextech crafting just gave me the FNC J4 skin after like three games so I can't say I'm at all unpleased with it.

e: are people actually seeing Kayle a lot in their games? I haven't had a ranked game with kayle since last season.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 18, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

kayle's playrate has been creeping up for a few patches, especially top since she wins so many matchups

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

e: are people actually seeing Kayle a lot in their games? I haven't had a ranked game with kayle since last season.

She is 30/56 of most common picks for top lane in platinum+ and i've seen her 0 times in ~30 games. KFO has been drawing bans on her in LCS so if he has a monster game on her i'd expect to see the pickrate go up

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
She's permaban in high plat to mid diamond on eu as far as I can tell. Admittedly I don't play much and when I do it's as 5

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Radical posted:

kayle's playrate has been creeping up for a few patches, especially top since she wins so many matchups

Kayle is one of those weird champions that is pretty much always good but everybody forgets about.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Parallel Playa posted:

She's permaban in high plat to mid diamond on eu as far as I can tell. Admittedly I don't play much and when I do it's as 5

0.76% ban rate

I forgot tahm kench was dumpstered and he still has a 35% ban rate

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
As I said it might have to do with me only playing with and against full teams

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Parallel Playa posted:

Any idea how they're playing her?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Kayle is one of those weird champions that is pretty much always good but everybody forgets about.

Because she's boring as gently caress

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BigLeafyTree posted:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you think the most generic champs like aatrox and kayle would get an april fools skin

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

Guinsoo's into nashor's into full AP I believe. I'm not too sure but can ask a friend who plays her whenever he gets the chance if you want

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

I know she's more common top/mid, but I saw a jungle Kayle for the first time in a while the other day. I destroyed her in the jungle for 25 minutes, then she got sated and instantly became terrifying.

If I wasn't shyvana we might have even lost!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Exethan doing gods work with the obvious fact checks.

With regards to the previous discussion, playing a perfect game is when you only make 1-2 serious mistakes, you immediately identify them, don't make them again, let your team know it's on you but it's all good, and then continue to work towards victory. I don't think I've ever played or seen a game where someone didn't make at least 2 big mistakes. As you get better you will be able to identify and fix them easier.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm starting to get frustrated with league because my mistakes happen at 40 minutes and then the game ends because i've got all the gold on the team and done fuckin goofed

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
k I untilted myself

Turns out I just had to go to the gym and wake up early today and duo with a good jungler main

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Kayle gets blown up very easily, so proper intervention timing pretty much makes or brakes her. I think she's a risky pick despite her high win rate.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
For my fellow bronze/silver players:

Learn Lux. No one in this elo can dodge a skillshot. She's gross. And I am bad at this game.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Intervention in general is great because if you're quick on the trigger you can turn the enemy's pickoff into a complete waste of their time if they blow their load on whoever they catch. I remember a game where our ADC kept getting grabbed by blitz so I'd ult them when they got pulled, watch 3-4 ults go off trying to kill them and laugh as we counter engaged. Playing Kayle is all about when you ult really, it's not just a low hp 'oh poo poo' button.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

For my fellow bronze/silver players:

Learn Lux. No one in this elo can dodge a skillshot. She's gross. And I am bad at this game.

And the good news is, she's gross all the way up to diamond! She's been one of the highest win rate mids in a real long while, so otp that poo poo and climb.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Lux is super ridiculous in her winning matchups and can simply choose to play back and ult the wave over and over if things go poorly. As someone said earlier she's one of the best champions to manage waves for 30 minutes then combo a carry and win the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lux is wonderful. I suck really bad at laning but if I did lane, I would play lux.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
With Lux, do you go for pure damage builds to get hard hitting combos, or is it better to get CDR and mana regen to spam forever and have less dead time in team fights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
just start dorans -> morello, fqc, or grail every game and get a NLR item, void staff, and cdr boots as your next 3 pickups. I prioritize codex if i'm winning lane already. I go for mana regen / defensive components if I'm having a bad time.

• Locked thread