Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone play VEGA Conflict? I saw a video ad for it on the Fishing game and it looked good from there but I know how they can make a lovely game look good for a 30 second ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Geektox posted:

Nintendo's game/tamagochi/social...thing Miitomo has launched in Japan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaaa

This looks super weird and I want to download it, even if it's just to try out the first smartphone app published under the official Nintendo name.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nice. Now I know not to buy it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Geektox posted:

Nintendo's game/tamagochi/social...thing Miitomo has launched in Japan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaaa

In-app Products: $0.99 - $74.99 per item

I wonder what Nintendo's selling for $75...

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
You can buy funbux to buy clothes and whatnot for your tomodachi thing, but I think you can earn it in game also?

Supposedly worldwide release is end of March. If you download the apk or through QooApp it is in English so it's playable if you choose to go that route

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

Anyone play VEGA Conflict? I saw a video ad for it on the Fishing game and it looked good from there but I know how they can make a lovely game look good for a 30 second ad.

I'm curious about this as well. It's always looked a bit interesting.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I will play Vega tonight and report back

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Trastion posted:

Almost every review from the last week is a 1 star bitching about game balance. Not sure how much time I would want to spend on it if it's getting tweaked that much.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This looks super weird and I want to download it, even if it's just to try out the first smartphone app published under the official Nintendo name.

This is pretty much how I feel.

And I know they said they probably wouldn't be bringing 1st party IPs to mobile, but holy poo poo, would I pay an undisclosed amount of money for Animal Crossing on here.

Please, please do this, Nintendo.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And I know they said they probably wouldn't be bringing 1st party IPs to mobile, but holy poo poo, would I pay an undisclosed amount of money for Animal Crossing on here.

If we're lucky maybe the guy who made Stardew Valley will do an Animal Crossing style game for phones. I can dream, anyway.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

If we're lucky maybe the guy who made Stardew Valley will do an Animal Crossing style game for phones. I can dream, anyway.

I don't care if it's f2p with iap, or premium (even with iap then), I'd pick up Animal Crossing in a heartbeat. It would fit so well on phones, too. Simple graphics, online connectivity, real-time events, messaging, visiting friends, collections :allears:

It's the absolute perfect mobile game.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Does it being back the square level design that made it easier to find hidden rooms?
I believe so. I usually have no problem finding them. It also indicates when jumping down a level will get you to a lower level room.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

I'm curious about this as well. It's always looked a bit interesting.

I played this when it first came out. Started off great but then you hit a serious wall.

Like your enemy can shoot 3 times as many missiles then you can so you just die constantly. I was in the top 10 for PvP for a while then the pay 2 win crew showed up and you couldn't put a dent in them.

Was fun for a week or two. No idea how the game is now though.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GB_Sign posted:

I wish Google allowed refunds on a larger time frame rather than the 15 mins or so it is now.
You can refund games through the Google Wallet purchase and as long as you don't do it constantly and abuse it Google will just refund you (and don't even take the money back from the dev).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I don't care if it's f2p with iap, or premium (even with iap then), I'd pick up Animal Crossing in a heartbeat. It would fit so well on phones, too. Simple graphics, online connectivity, real-time events, messaging, visiting friends, collections :allears:

It's the absolute perfect mobile game.
There's at least a few Animal Crossing knockoffs already, but I have to agree cause they always miss the mark somehow. I thought it would be an easy formula to clone, but it seems like they're always tedious or ugly or just plain greedy.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Has anyone played Atlantic Fleet on Android? It was recently ported to Steam but I'm tempted to pick it up for my tablet instead.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Tunga posted:

You can refund games through the Google Wallet purchase and as long as you don't do it constantly and abuse it Google will just refund you (and don't even take the money back from the dev).

That is good to know. Makes it a little easier to take a chance on a game.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Trastion posted:

Its been a few months since I uninstalled it but I remember it requiring micromanagement on a level that is frustrating. Also, it allows people to bookmark your home base, which means someone that wrecks your poo poo can warp back and do it over and over until you either rally a squad of friends up or move your base to a different location of space.

Kinda like Eve online, I can see it being fun if you have a large active squad to roll out with.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
This is probably old news but I finally 100% disco zoo. I didn't spend a dime, all free. Took a long time but I got diamond statues for days.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Knifegrab posted:

This is probably old news but I finally 100% disco zoo. I didn't spend a dime, all free. Took a long time but I got diamond statues for days.

Hoooly poo poo that's bringing me back. Congrats dude.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I 100%ed that game, then deleted it, then they added the moon (I think it was the moon?) and I realized I didnt back up my save :(

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Morpheus posted:

I 100%ed that game, then deleted it, then they added the moon (I think it was the moon?) and I realized I didnt back up my save :(

The moon and mars! Although actually after a certain point you get into a weird late game phase where its impossible to run out of coins.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Artelier posted:

Apa khabar? What have you spent money on?

I mostly get mine from the Android Humble Bundles, mostly because I wanted that Canabalt and Alone! Alone in particular is brutal as all hell.

My order history tells me I've bought: both Xcoms, Blood Bowl, Card Dungeon, Shadowrun: Dragonfall (DC), Dragon Quest VIII, Hitman Go, Wayward Souls, Baldur's Gate EE, DraStic, Door Kickers, ePSXe and Dosbox Turbo

Of the games, I've only finished the Xcoms and Shadowrun :slick: Money well spent. Working through the entire PS1, NDS, PSP and Dosbox emulation libraries now with two 128GB mSD cards

tentacles fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 19, 2016

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
I never play games on my phone, but I've got a few weeks coming up filled with really long commutes and boring work where I'm allowed to play with my phone. I kinda wanna play either FF:Tactics or Shadowrun. I don't have a tablet though, I've only got my Nexus 6P - will I hate playing those games on a smaller screen? I'm guessing they're optimised for tablets.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man I have been enjoying the hell out of minute frontier lately. And the game is still updating, it seems like every 2 weeks new content is added. Today classes now get bonuses up to level 200.

My only problem is the game is more ad focused compare to minute quest. I would drop $5 to keep my pet on death and full healing at inns without having to watch ads. But honestly the passive heals are really good and pets are really bad.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Werner-Boogle posted:

I never play games on my phone, but I've got a few weeks coming up filled with really long commutes and boring work where I'm allowed to play with my phone. I kinda wanna play either FF:Tactics or Shadowrun. I don't have a tablet though, I've only got my Nexus 6P - will I hate playing those games on a smaller screen? I'm guessing they're optimised for tablets.

I played through Shadowrun on my Note 3 and it wasn't bad at all. The text sometimes got a bit small, but it was still generally readable and the game as a whole works very well on mobile imo.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I don't think I saw it mentioned in the thread anywhere, but Breath of Fire 6 came out in Japan a few weeks ago.

It's a piece of garbage, though, so don't feel too bad about the fact that it'll probably never be localized.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Klades posted:

I don't think I saw it mentioned in the thread anywhere, but Breath of Fire 6 came out in Japan a few weeks ago.

It's a piece of garbage, though, so don't feel too bad about the fact that it'll probably never be localized.

Wow that just made me look it up, and it's been fourteen years since they even made a BoF game, and nearly twenty since the last one I played (3) came out

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Aralan posted:

Wow that just made me look it up, and it's been fourteen years since they even made a BoF game, and nearly twenty since the last one I played (3) came out

Yeah. It's basically just an attempt at a gatcha-based cash grab, which is like whatever, that's how Japan does mobile games right now, but the actual gameplay isn't any fun. Imagine Bleach: Brave Souls, but all combat other than using special abilities is automatic, and all the animations look like someone's hobby project flash game on kongregate or something.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Klades posted:

Yeah. It's basically just an attempt at a gatcha-based cash grab, which is like whatever, that's how Japan does mobile games right now, but the actual gameplay isn't any fun. Imagine Bleach: Brave Souls, but all combat other than using special abilities is automatic, and all the animations look like someone's hobby project flash game on kongregate or something.

This makes me sad. I played the hell out of BoF1-4 and loved every bit of it.

BoF5 was confusing for me and I ran out of time to play it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone playing MtG: Puzzle Quest? I've had it installed for a while but just for around to playing. It's actually not bad. However it's definitely more toward the bullshit end of the f2p spectrum than not. Not totally egregious, it's certainly playable. For that reason I'm not inclined to spend any money on it though.

That said, if anyone is still playing, who would you pick up as a second planeswalker? I don't have enough cards yet to really super a second character. I have the most cards in white but they are all single cards.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you guys aren't playing pocket guild there's something wrong.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Zotix posted:

I'm not seeing it on the play store, and the link on his site doesn't work.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Zotix posted:

I am having to farm the same guys over and over cause tank gear won't drop. Very realistic!

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Is there a way to make it less slow? Is there more to do besides just watching dudes?

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

vulturesrow posted:

That said, if anyone is still playing, who would you pick up as a second planeswalker? I don't have enough cards yet to really super a second character. I have the most cards in white but they are all single cards.

I'm still playing because I have high hopes for future updates. I've unlocked all the planeswalkers, and Gideon is my favorite. He rarely takes damage and has creatures with Lifelink so you can keep playing with him for a while and avoid the F2P limited potion thing.

You just need one of each card. When you select your 10 cards it puts 4 copies of each card in your deck and shuffles them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, anything like Advance Wars for Android?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Hey, anything like Advance Wars for Android?

Great Little War Game and its sequels. Also Skulls of the Shogun although mechanics are different, it's gorgeous and good. There are a few others as well.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone playing MtG: Puzzle Quest? I've had it installed for a while but just for around to playing. It's actually not bad. However it's definitely more toward the bullshit end of the f2p spectrum than not. Not totally egregious, it's certainly playable. For that reason I'm not inclined to spend any money on it though.

If you save up from campaign battles/dailies and buy the 600 crystal card pack you will get a crazy amount of rares. My deck strength skyrocketed after that, especially with the other planeswalkers. Once you have some better cards you can decide who to rank up. It was the white deck in my case. They are all pretty great once you level them up a bit and unlock all three special powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ragequit posted:

If you save up from campaign battles/dailies and buy the 600 crystal card pack you will get a crazy amount of rares. My deck strength skyrocketed after that, especially with the other planeswalkers. Once you have some better cards you can decide who to rank up. It was the white deck in my case. They are all pretty great once you level them up a bit and unlock all three special powers.

I felt like waiting for the 600 pack was going to take way too long. Grabbed the 200 pack instead and did get 1 good rare. Rolling Jace as my 2nd plansewalker and been doing pretty good with him.