Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

As for pistols - I've used them for a total of about 10 seconds and they seemed like total garbage.

Lol my pistol does 32k dps with a talent for +100% damage on enemies under 30% health.
Git gud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Inspector_666 posted:

I would like to be able to mark as junk and mark for sale, but if you mark stuff as junk and then dismantle something, the fact that it takes apart everything is the entire point of the feature.

The problem is that you can have a non-junk item highlighted, use the deconstruct junk feature, and it'll destroy the highlighted item as well. So you need to make extra sure that you're looking at a junk item when you deconstruct, or you might accidentally destroy your primary weapon.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Paul MaudDib posted:

This has been my experience so far. The Police M4 is clearly the best all-around weapon and the M1A currently shits all over everything if you have the slightest ability to aim headshots or even just hold on your target. So that's what I've run so far.

Shotguns are terribad if you are farther than like 5 feet away from someone. I know that's how they're usually portrayed in games but seriously, buckshot makes about a 2-3" spread at 100 yards. There's no excuse for 3 damage plinkers at 10 feet.

SMGs are alright especially if you vid your shots into like 2-3 round bursts. They just don't have the range to be generally effective, and they're overshadowed by both any AR and the M1A at all ranges. They need to let you put them in the pistol slot or something.

As for pistols - I've used them for a total of about 10 seconds and they seemed like total garbage.

SMG's are way more useful to me than AR's Especially with a Marksman rifle.

The Range that is too far away to use SMG's is a range I would be using a Marksman rifle with anyway, and the range I would be using an SMG at is "Oh poo poo crazy Shotgun dude is charging at my Location, gently caress gently caress gently caress let me blind fire this smg from cover or move and hip fire this thing at his head to kill him before he reaches me."

If I'm not being charged at then I just use a Marksman Rifle.

AR is a middle zone that with a Marksman Rifle(that's not bolt action anyway) isn't needed

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

404notfound posted:

The problem is that you can have a non-junk item highlighted, use the deconstruct junk feature, and it'll destroy the highlighted item as well. So you need to make extra sure that you're looking at a junk item when you deconstruct, or you might accidentally destroy your primary weapon.

You can't disassemble equipped weapons, although I see your point.

Personally, I think the whole dismantling feature is fine and makes sense, it just annoys me that it uses the same classifier for junk to dismantle and junk to sell.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

SMGs are alright especially if you vid your shots into like 2-3 round bursts. They just don't have the range to be generally effective, and they're overshadowed by both any AR and the M1A at all ranges. They need to let you put them in the pistol slot or something.

Aug supremacy, my friend.

Stabilize that bad-boy, add some extra crit stuff and it becomes a laser of critting doom that's better than an assault rifle.

quote:

As for pistols - I've used them for a total of about 10 seconds and they seemed like total garbage. But, I guess uh, unlimited ammo, in case you're somehow more than five seconds from a resupply crate? :confuoot:

Popping that talent that gives back 30 primary ammo, and finishing off named elites. Every pistol I've found has a perk that does 200% damage to dudes under 30% health.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 18, 2016

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Does anyone else find shotguns to be useless?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I like how the super high end gloves are just called 'Gloves' instead of whatever tacticlol naming scheme the other things have.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LCL-Dead posted:

Lol my pistol does 32k dps with a talent for +100% damage on enemies under 30% health.
Git gud

Hey look at this guy who looks at the DPS stat and doesn't know that talent is on every pistol.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Mitchicon posted:

I'm Level 8 but yes. Unless you're literally point-blanking someone then you will be lucky to hit a couple plinkers that do like 3 damage. 100% useless beyond like 5 feet. Maybe there's a mod or stat I'm missing :confused:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hey look at this guy who looks at the DPS stat and doesn't know that talent is on every pistol.

You can get ~6k dmg per round on pistols, so they're not pointless, but they don't really have a role outside of the Riot Shield ability.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 18, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Inspector_666 posted:

You can get ~6k dmg per round on pistols, so they're not pointless, but they don't really have a point outside of the Riot Shield ability.

They draw & ready faster than your primary/secondary so I often use them to finish off an enemy that has very little health left or when im out of ammo on both of my main guns and need to shoot *right now*

Plus sawed off is really great for an oh poo poo panic 64k worth of damage

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

You can get ~6k dmg per round on pistols, so they're not pointless, but they don't really have a point outside of the Riot Shield ability.

High alpha damage pistols with bonus 100% damage to lower health enemies can be really good for getting off quick executions.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I wish I hadn't killed all of the world bosses while I was getting collectables. This newest exploit thing looks like a really easy way to farm credits and mats.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Pivit posted:

I wish I hadn't killed all of the world bosses while I was getting collectables. This newest exploit thing looks like a really easy way to farm credits and mats.

The Bullet King thing?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mitchicon posted:

Yes

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Dandywalken posted:

The Bullet King thing?

Thats the one. It also works with other bosses but that is the closest to a safehouse so the most convenient. You can also join other games that have the boss up but then that person has to leave the game, rather than kick you. Then you can both farm him.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

The Bullet King thing?
And speaking of this, if you want to farm this, get your time in now.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/710933994116935680

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I love how every echo involving the LMB has them listed as "batch flagged as traitor through LMB employee database".

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

They suck in all regards except for one niche, dropping other players when within point blank range. Outside of that, they're worthless.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BadLlama posted:

High alpha damage pistols with bonus 100% damage to lower health enemies can be really good for getting off quick executions.

If the game had a faster weapon switch mechanic sure. But its just better to reload and fire again since it almost takes the same amount of time unless your rocking an LMG.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a purple SMG-9 with 81k base damage and critical chance / headshot damage talents

150k with mods

Extended mag + ROF/damage seems to be the best weapon mod in the game

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jerkface posted:

They draw & ready faster than your primary/secondary so I often use them to finish off an enemy that has very little health left or when im out of ammo on both of my main guns and need to shoot *right now*

Plus sawed off is really great for an oh poo poo panic 64k worth of damage

Yeah, I find I only use my pistol as an "Oh poo poo I'm out of ammo" tool. If you have a good one, though, I could see there being a real case for using it on bosses at a certain level of health because of their innate talent.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
They should really just make the high-end recipes always available and not on a timer. Just up the bird coin prices and stuff. I mean I'll be surprised if the individual firearms/stamina/electronics gear recipes actually disappear compared to the weapons which cycle. Though I just checked and I guess not all the armour recipes are up at the same time, that seems lame.

And give unique weapons with unique names actual unique talents you can't find anywhere else, so they are still a superior choice to rolling for the best possible item via crafting.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Paul MaudDib posted:

This has been my experience so far. The Police M4 is clearly the best all-around weapon and the M1A currently shits all over everything if you have the slightest ability to aim headshots or even just hold on your target. Recoil and spread make accuracy on automatic weapons (both ARs and SMGs) pretty poor after about 3 shots, and when you factor in the time for the crosshairs to settle after your burst the M1A comes out clearly on top, even if you're just cranking bodyshots as fast as the M1A will fire. So that's what I've run so far - M4 and M1A.

Shotguns are terribad if you are farther than like 5 feet away from someone. I know that's how they're usually portrayed in games but seriously, buckshot makes about a 2-3" spread at 100 yards. There's no excuse for an aimed shotgun blast at 10 feet hitting a single 3 damage plinker. Maybe there's a choke mod that I don't have yet or something, but right now they are trash tier, you would be better off using a pistol.

As for pistols - I've used them for a total of about 10 seconds and they seemed like total garbage. But, I guess uh, unlimited ammo, in case you're somehow more than five seconds from a resupply crate? :confuoot:

SMGs bonus is the shoulder allows you to run faster and at mid range you can empty a clip into their head. The crits will make up for the lower dmg of shots along with the faster reload and fire rate.

I only used AR and marksman for 29 lvls. I started to try out SMGs because everyone was talking about them so much and they grew on me. Sure I can kill 2 purples\yellows in the DZ with a 50+ clip on the AR but you can kill 2 purples\yellows faster with an SMG even having to reload.

SMGs are easy to get headshots with too.

If you want to move fast while grinding DZ exp, SMG are the key. Marksman is still what I use if the group is huge with a bunch of heavies or snipers.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 18, 2016

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Thor-Stryker posted:

If the game had a faster weapon switch mechanic sure. But its just better to reload and fire again since it almost takes the same amount of time unless your rocking an LMG.

I am rocking an LMG, so it is helpful in my situation. LMGs probably aren't optimal but more bullets is more fun.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Two hours until vendor reset; The vendor at W 31st Street and 6th Avenue DZ CP has a (SCAR) MK 16 AR with +40% Stability (1444 Stamina req) and +40% Accuracy (1444 Firearm req) talents. A hellaciously accurate AR if you're rank 30DZ and really easy to meet the stat requirements.

Edit: Meticulous on a M60 with an expanded magazine is :getin: You have a high chance on a mob kill to instantly refill the gigantic box of ammo with bullets that come from the magic bullet fairy and not your own stockpile.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 18, 2016

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Could someone with Bullet King throw me an invite on PS4? Accidently killed him earlier in my game before I knew about these shenanigans.

Name is Freesoma.

Edit - Got it, thanks gibbedus!

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 18, 2016

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I made too many AK-74's and it turns out I'm now really low on weapon parts and tools. Like, between that and some gold expanded mags I'm at 1 or 2, my entire reserve is depleted, all that's left is my division tech and I want to save that for dark zone recipes if at all possible. That one I made completely by accident once I had my perfect gun didn't help either.

This is a public service announcement to be content with a crafting result that's just "okay."

Also, is there any way to turn blue division tech resources into gold (high tech) ones, or can you only turn them into gold versions of other resources? I saw some of the recipes at the lvl 50 DZ vendor required gold division tech resources, which I guess you can gather up here and there through enemy drops or harvesting division tech resources nodes since I do have a few of them, but it'd sure be swell if I could upgrade division tech just like other resources.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Ulvirich posted:

Two hours until vendor reset; The vendor at W 31st Street and 6th Avenue DZ CP has a (SCAR) MK 16 AR with +40% Stability (1444 Stamina req) and +40% Accuracy (1444 Firearm req) talents. A hellaciously accurate AR if you're rank 30DZ and really easy to meet the stat requirements.

Edit: Meticulous on a M60 with an expanded magazine is :getin: You have a high chance on a mob kill to instantly refill the gigantic box of ammo with bullets that come from the magic bullet fairy and not your own stockpile.

That AR is especially good at medium and even long ranges with the mod. Having a blast using it. I would back it up with a faster SMG though, it doesn't vomit bullets out like a vector or something similar though, but it's great and those talents are fairly easy to activate.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gently caress you guy, give me all your poo poo. You don't deserve that. That is like the prefect drop.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Insert name here posted:

I love how every echo involving the LMB has them listed as "batch flagged as traitor through LMB employee database".

I can believe that. The company is probably losing their poo poo knowing one of their best officers has gone batshit and took a poo poo ton of employees with him to play dictator in ground zero.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

This would be a neat way to make pistols relevant. Keep the weapon swap between primary and secondary the same, but drastically reduce the swap time to pistol. Given that they all have the below 30% talent, their intended use is as a finisher, but the swap is just too slow for it to really play out.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Who was the dude who did the twink DZ guide, I need to make sure whether I can do the first intro missions for all the BoO sections or if I've hosed up already by doing Lincoln Tunnel.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Mitchicon posted:

One is None talent counts for each pellet, so running auto-shotties with that is pretty legit when you have 50-round mags, but otherwise I'd like to see their spread improved.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

ijyt posted:

Who was the dude who did the twink DZ guide, I need to make sure whether I can do the first intro missions for all the BoO sections or if I've hosed up already by doing Lincoln Tunnel.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765918&userid=188933#post457338002

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Soloing poo poo is so annoying at 29 in the. Dz

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Wow, first run of running the Bullet King and Caduceus drops! Nice!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whats this bullet king thing? Ok I looked it up. Looks painful.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 19, 2016

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Whats this bullet king thing?
From many pages ago:

Vax posted:

The new craftmats/phoenix credit exploit is so stupid. But really efficient. I hate running it. I hope they fix it soon. :derp:

To do this, you go to Autumn's Hope safe house, run out the door, take a right, then a left. Enemies should be right in front of you. Kill only the boss. Get yourself killed. Respwan. Repeat. If nothing is there, then find a new server. To find a new server: try logging out, or close game app, or try matchmaking. It can take anything from 10 minutes to couple of hours depending on your luck. This is confirmed on all platforms. You MUST be level 30 if you want the Phoenix Credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's not that great, tbh. If you've already cleared him and need to find a group for it, you might as well just get a lex group going and get just a tiny bit less birdcoin and a ton more yellow gear.

• Locked thread