Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

idk if ill ever play sf4 again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Anyone have some recommended CA setups for Vega? Right now the only thing I can do consistently other than just throwing it out is using it as a followup to his V-trigger, which obviously limits its ability to impact the earlier half of a round.

Aside from using it in combos you can also use it as a far anti-air though it's prone to trade badly against a lot of air normals. You can also use it to chip people out from strings like heavy roll xx super or v-trigger into super, which are both tight blockstrings.

You can also do this setup to gently caress with people but don't tell anyone about it it's a secret https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabSFZ2MtrM

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

one thing does not mean the other thing

but ok justin

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cinroth posted:

Aside from using it in combos you can also use it as a far anti-air though it's prone to trade badly against a lot of air normals. You can also use it to chip people out from strings like heavy roll xx super or v-trigger into super, which are both tight blockstrings.

You can also do this setup to gently caress with people but don't tell anyone about it it's a secret https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabSFZ2MtrM

If you trade with an air normal, that knocks you out of it and the only damage you get is the initial knee, right? Seems pretty wasteful since EX FBA gives you a similar anti air for less meter.

That setup is really mean, though, wow. I didn't realize the little hop at the end of the roll could cross people up.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Spiritus Nox posted:

I saw that. I just spent about an hour trying to do the qcb MP xx CA, and I think I only got it once. My thumb hates me now.

I want to say it also combos off of V-trigger but I literally haven't touched Vega at all so :shobon: There's probably a wealth of videos already up on Youtube, if nothing else.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Pretty much the only thing that has kept it installed for me right now, is the thought that I might wanna go back once in a while and mess with some of my people who aren't in V yet.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yardbomb posted:

Pretty much the only thing that has kept it installed for me right now, is the thought that I might wanna go back once in a while and mess with some of my people who aren't in V yet.

i have it and sfxt installed in case i have a rolento deficiency

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you can get a surgery to have a source of rolento permanently installed

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Until the best girls are back, I'll keep IV installed a little longer.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Spiritus Nox posted:

If you trade with an air normal, that knocks you out of it and the only damage you get is the initial knee, right? Seems pretty wasteful since EX FBA gives you a similar anti air for less meter.

That setup is really mean, though, wow. I didn't realize the little hop at the end of the roll could cross people up.

If you trade with an air normal, you usually get a follow-up because it puts them into a float state and you almost always recover fast enough for some kind of follow up hit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

If you trade with an air normal, you usually get a follow-up because it puts them into a float state and you almost always recover fast enough for some kind of follow up hit.

Same goes for EX FBA, right?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

play sfa2/3 and cvs2

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I uninstalled it. :unsmith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
How long do you think it takes for some of these top players to turn on SFV? Two major blowups? Four? 'cause while I don't think they're dishonest in their enjoyment, poo poo repeats itself every time a new big game comes out...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yardbomb posted:

my pc is 24/7 running a battle lobby where i never play any games. i just want people to come in and see that my name is "sf id camsteh"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

This is how I feel about SFV wrt Pokken Tournament

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

How long do you think it takes for some of these top players to turn on SFV? Two major blowups? Four? 'cause while I don't think they're dishonest in their enjoyment, poo poo repeats itself every time a new big game comes out...

The French and middle eastern people on my Twitter feed seem to whine all a day about chun. It's great, I read a bunch of tweets of Alioune trolling them while eating my cheerios

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The French and middle eastern people on my Twitter feed seem to whine all a day about chun. It's great, I read a bunch of tweets of Alioune trolling them while eating my cheerios

What's the over/under on Chun getting nerfed instead of everyone else getting their beta phase depth back

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pomp posted:

What's the over/under on Chun getting nerfed instead of everyone else getting their beta phase depth back

2.5 nerfs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

+1 (cr.lp)

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It seems like Japan thinks ryu is on her level. That's what people who speak moon speak say anyways. We'll probably catch a glimpse tomorrow, it seems possible Japanese ryu and chun players are going to run over everyone

Also tokido is playing ryu and not chun, and he's a major tier whore, right?

E; awful app ruinin mah posts

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 19, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It seems like Japan thinks ryu is on her level. That's what people who speak moon speak say anyways. We'll probably catch a glimpse tomorrow, it seems possible Japanese ryu and chun players are going to run over everyone

they are all training to parry ex legs

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dias posted:

Hoping with Fchamp TFR is enough.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Dias posted:

Just a bit longer. Took about a year for SF4 from arcade release(So about 3 months after console) and maybe 2-3 months for SFxT.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Reminder that Justin Wong is the most coldblooded shameless shill on this earth, and that Mago smells bad

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Reminder that Justin Wong is the most coldblooded shameless shill on this earth, and that Mago smells bad

i do remember when marvel 3 came out he said it was poo poo but then over time it seems like he grew to love it, the polar opposite of everyone else

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i do remember when marvel 3 came out he said it was poo poo but then over time it seems like he grew to love it, the polar opposite of everyone else

I remember when MK9 came out and he said it was a great cool game for cool people and then he won the first big tournament and walked off counting his ten thousand US dollars and never touched the game ever again

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

I remember when MK9 came out and he said it was a great cool game for cool people

I'm not seeing anything incorrect here.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte...treet+fighter+v

edit: A minute after I posted this the price changed to $25. 5 minutes later it's $36.28

SF5 is bitcoin. #RiseUp

edit: $38.72 wtf is happening

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 19, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
When does the new update come out?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We still don't have a date

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This game has had an absolutely horrible launch, but I am hoping content and sales will grow over time. SF games can be real long-runners but this shite of a start is of course not a great start.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Same goes for EX FBA, right?

Trading with EX FBA isn't as floaty. Trading with his critical art puts the target in a slow, spinning float, like a crush counter, but possibly even slower.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

In a match, and then later in the training room, Chun Li's cr.mk seems to just go completely through Ken's leg on a certain frame of his st.MK. Is there invincibility in Ken's standing leg in the MK or is this just a bizarre hitbox problem?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

try looking at the interaction in frametrapped

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Golem II posted:

When does the new update come out?

I'm betting it will be sometime next week, since it's fair to assume that they wouldn't push out a patch before the big tournament this weekend ends.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
My guess would be before FR grand finals they'll play some hype video showing off Alex and basically saying "the game's got stuff now for the love of God buy it!" and they'll release next week friday.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It'd be kinda funny if they waited until after NCR + the March update was on like the 28th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I really like SFV. It's the first fighting game in a while where I can actually see myself improving and that has an actual PC community with real support.