Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jackard posted:

These guild missions seem like small group content..?
How did you gently caress up the Cyclops mission then?

Edit: I mean, I'm not even mentioning non-subjugation guild missions that can require thousands of energy total to complete, or straight up forcing through RNG explicitly rigged against you.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
No idea what you're on about. The missions SFD has been doing seems geared towards small groups.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jackard posted:

No idea what you're on about. The missions SFD has been doing seems geared towards small groups.

I assumed you were in GoonTang. While SFD is not really a small group either, unless guy happens to have a dozen friends following him from game to game, smallest life skill missions can be comfortably done by a couple of sub-45 characters in most circumstances, there is no argument here. It is fallacious, however, to claim that guild missions on the whole hence are small group content. Sure, even territorial guild wars can be small group content then, all you have to do is get an empty server with 3 players to fight you and your two friends or something.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 19, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No he is in Starfleet dental

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Kaedric posted:

I am enjoying this game much more than I thought I would (I usually am an early MMO adopter but I've been getting burned out on that poo poo since Wildstar). Having said that, my lovely friends are whining that they don't think there's any reason to do anything together. So we're all playing sim city alone, effectively.

What 'group' activities beyond grinding mobs are there to do? I want to have an argument that the game has legs so they don't just bail after a few weeks and harsh my buzz.

Close to 50 there are daily quests to kill a good amount of mobs in certain areas and you get a daily quest that rewards you with a boss summoning scroll. Groups can save these up and do them together since everyone in the party gets credit for each person who summons. It is much better to do it this way than alone.

I do a lot of gathering, so I actually like guild gathering missions. Since you keep what you collect, it's a good excuse to collect whatever you already need for crafting and level up the guild/increase your salary in the process. There's regular daily quests to collect logs, stones, etc... so you can get into a pretty good rhythm and get a lot done at once. Some guild quests can require a certain level of processing, trading, or even require a boat. There are definitely ways to contribute to a group.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm a fish and have some real issues keeping out of reach of people with extra fishing points and the ability to swim rapidly.
I have no issue with this when it comes to normal players, as theyre slow and very easy to keep track of.
But when swimming in a watery area against someone with a fishing suit..I just sadly can't out swim them and it is completely game breaking for me :/ gently caress, I was so excited for this game. I was so hyped about swimming around whilst grinding and truly experiencing 1v1 fish vs fisherman but with the fishing suit, it's just gamebreaking. I spent money on the base game I don't understand why I'm being punished for not dropping another £30 on a pretty necessary fishing/swimming item..In a fishing game. No matter how skilled I am, if I'm fighting someone with extra points in fishing and faster swim speeds then myself I am at a disadvantage

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

kalstrams posted:

I assumed you were in GoonTang. While SFD is not really a small group either, unless guy happens to have a dozen friends following him from game to game, smallest life skill missions can be comfortably done by a couple of sub-45 characters in most circumstances, there is no argument here. It is fallacious, however, to claim that guild missions on the whole hence are small group content. Sure, even territorial guild wars can be small group content then, all you have to do is get an empty server with 3 players to fight you and your two friends or something.
:wow:

Kaedric posted:

I am enjoying this game much more than I thought I would (I usually am an early MMO adopter but I've been getting burned out on that poo poo since Wildstar). Having said that, my lovely friends are whining that they don't think there's any reason to do anything together. So we're all playing sim city alone, effectively. What 'group' activities beyond grinding mobs are there to do? I want to have an argument that the game has legs so they don't just bail after a few weeks and harsh my buzz.
Do you guys have your own guild?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grondoth posted:

Also I feel bad feeding people nothing but beer.

Goblins aren't people

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Starfleet Dental has never failed a guild mission because we are all MMO professionals.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
parks and rec fails them all the time since all the broken brained people that like fishing also paid 100 dollars to get into goontang

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Manifest/Manafest, you need to respond because i've messaged you a dozen times over the past few days about updating your contract, and you never accept them when I swap to Calpheon 02 and send it

or you get the boot

THE BOOOOOOOT

rest in piss, aaron

lewtt fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 19, 2016

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
This game is so strange. I found a cotton plant, and I'm super excited about it.

I don't understand what is happening to me.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Third World Reggin posted:

parks and rec fails them all the time since all the broken brained people that like fishing also paid 100 dollars to get into goontang

I should probably join a guild. Sounds like my kind of party.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
l o l

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

http://imgur.com/a/iPrPD

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
He just doesn't understand the greatness of Sun Tzu.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Which one of you poo poo fucks died to parks and rec?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Fat and Useless posted:

Which one of you poo poo fucks died to parks and rec?

RedTonic :]

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Zarcnest posted:

RedTonic :]

Hope she got her pay neutered.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

YOU RACK HONNAH AND DISHIPREN!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Fat and Useless posted:

Hope she got her pay neutered.

I told Lewtt to pay dock me but he forgot. Anyway I rightfully got my poo poo pushed in. :downs:

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Trade route question: is the distance bonus based on your connections or the nearest connections?

For example, if I make a huge chain of nodes but the two points of sale are only two nodes apart, separated by a node I didn't get, will it calculate based on my route or based on the most efficient?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

RedTonic posted:

I told Lewtt to pay dock me but he forgot. Anyway I rightfully got my poo poo pushed in. :downs:

now i have to dock your pay for dying to parksandrec, and then dock it even more for reminding me to dock your pay

people are miserable little pile of secrets, so please don't ruin my worldview with this "honesty"

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

lewtt posted:

now i have to dock your pay for dying to parksandrec, and then dock it even more for reminding me to dock your pay

people are miserable little pile of secrets, so please don't ruin my worldview with this "honesty"

Reporting in for double demerits, boss!

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

hey can i get a parksandrec invite on Kettlepip please?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kettlepip posted:

hey can i get a parksandrec invite on Kettlepip please?

The way this works is you have to send a tell to someone

If you do not we have no way of inviting you

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ok that is a lie because we have other ways but I am not doing those

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I just discovered mounted combat ability for rangers completely owns. Does anyone know if there are any particular skills that help the damage you do with a bow while mounted?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chalks posted:

I just discovered mounted combat ability for rangers completely owns. Does anyone know if there are any particular skills that help the damage you do with a bow while mounted?
Just do the basic attack off the horseback, that's about it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Just do the basic attack off the horseback, that's about it.

So learning moving shot or something doesn't affect the damage done on horseback?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chalks posted:

So learning moving shot or something doesn't affect the damage done on horseback?
No, to put it that way - Ranger does not have any skills that are specifically catered towards horseback combat or that provide an overall increase to damage dealt of horseback. Generally speaking, a rather limited set of skills can be used off the horseback no matter the class, so primary benefactor here are Wizards and Witches, since horseback spells do not require them to stand still like they would have to otherwise.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You are forgetting the wonderful warrior basic attack that gets 150% mounted damage.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You are forgetting the wonderful warrior basic attack that gets 150% mounted damage.
Ranger gets 300% mounted damage initially, on basic attack. Bonuses do not make basic attack of either, or Berserker who has the same bonus as Warrior early on, the alpha and omega of horseback combat, since when you reach higher levels you deal at least equal amounts of damage on foot, while enjoying the opportunity to actually use most of your skills.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 19, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am sorry I do not understand potatoe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's okay, I'm used to it.

Edit:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 19, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

What potatoe mans is saying is that while you can get bonuses to damage while on horseback, your skill set is limited.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

What potatoe mans is saying is that while you can get bonuses to damage while on horseback, your skill set is limited.
Eh, my actual point is that bonus damage on horseback is off your AP, not your overall skill damage, so on level 50 Warrior and Berserker deal decidedly more damage on foot, while Ranger deals ~3% less damage than on horseback, which is why neither of these classes is especially good to fight off horseback in any circumstances where how you fight actually matters, as their core abilities, unlike those of Wizards and Witches, are not always accessible on the horse.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I love how potato's sentences are all technically correct but are also always long and windy. Unironically. :allears:

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Clocks posted:

I love how potato's sentences are all technically correct but are also always long and windy. Unironically. :allears:

He always tells a story of his childhood to answer simple questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjykrjAS5bQ

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 19, 2016