Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I really like SFV. It's the first fighting game in a while where I can actually see myself improving and that has an actual PC community with real support.

I agree. It's just so disappointing how badly the hosed up the launch and I hope the game recovers with subsequent patches. I'm sure there are quite a few people who feel burned and won't be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The PC version has support? How many betas and now over a month later and it still doesn't do xinput?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Faffel posted:

The PC version has support? How many betas and now over a month later and it still doesn't do xinput?

You mean DirectInput.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Faffel posted:

He is saying the community is supportive, also you can get around the no dinput thing easily with something like xpadder, so is that really that big a deal?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Taiso posted:

He is saying the community is supportive, also you can get around the no dinput thing easily with something like xpadder, so is that really that big a deal?

why will gamers eat poo poo and defend it jesus christ

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Pomp posted:

easy now you dont want to be a negative nelly

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"uhhhhh its not the great brrrrrffffffbblblblbl but they gonna patch it fffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhmmmmmm"

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Pomp posted:

I'm not defending anything. Not including dinput is a baffling omission, but there are ways around it. There are bigger gently caress ups here.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Pomp posted:

Probably the same reason gamers will endlessly complain about a thing they have no interest in.

No joke, the lack of Direct Input sucks and is basically inexcusable. But when your posting output looks like this

Pomp posted:

"uhhhhh its not the great brrrrrffffffbblblblbl but they gonna patch it fffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhmmmmmm"

then maybe you shouldn't be calling people out for stupid poo poo in the SF5 thread.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Taiso posted:

When your Street Fighter V branded merchandise doesn't work for Street Fighter V, it's a serious problem.

First impressions are very, very important. "Fixing it later" isn't viable approach, and will always fail to repair the damage done by a bad launch.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

Probably the same reason gamers will endlessly complain about a thing they have no interest in.

No joke, the lack of Direct Input sucks and is basically inexcusable. But when your posting output looks like this

then maybe you shouldn't be calling people out for stupid poo poo in the SF5 thread.

I would claim most people complaining about sf here have a great interest in it. like a decades spanning obsession i would qualify as at least an interest

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Pomp posted:

Obsolete console war impulses from the 90s will compel fans to defend poo poo they paid for/are invested in because they don't want to feel trapped or ripped off.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 19, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Sarchasm posted:

I think $35 or whatever hosed up price we paid qualifies as interest

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I would claim most people complaining about sf here have a great interest in it. like a decades spanning obsession i would qualify as at least an interest

And that's great! But the years you've put into the series don't give anyone license to shitpost.

Complain, yes. And there's a lot to complain about, so take your pick! But this thread already has too much bullshit in response to bullshit.

You don't have to be positive, just don't be dumb.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Night Blade posted:

When your Street Fighter V branded merchandise doesn't work for Street Fighter V, it's a serious problem.

You mean this Sony-funded game doesn't work properly in a Microsoft ecosystem, I'm sure they're devastated

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Double Bill posted:

You mean this Sony-funded game doesn't work properly in a Microsoft ecosystem, I'm sure they're devastated

Think about what you just posted.

I'll wait.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Night Blade posted:

Obsolete console war impulses from the 90s will compel fans to defend poo poo they paid for because they don't want to feel trapped or ripped off.

I fully know and understand I'm somehow getting screwed by Capcom but I like pressing those Street Fighter buttons

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How do I obtain the license to shitpost? Do I have to buy the season pass?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sarchasm posted:

i have actually tried my damnedest to enjoy this game (because no ones loving played xrd for the last month) but everytime i start to kind of get into it the near endless stream of technical issues reminds me that the game is in fact a mess and that the most egregious of those issues, the unstable netcode and underwater level offline input delay, haven't even been commented on by Capcom and will likely never get fixed.

Speaking of https://twitter.com/dapurplesharpie/status/709912519482216454

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sarchasm posted:

And that's great! But the years you've put into the series don't give anyone license to shitpost.

Complain, yes. And there's a lot to complain about, so take your pick! But this thread already has too much bullshit in response to bullshit.

You don't have to be positive, just don't be dumb.

I mean, do you really want people to not mock

Double Bill posted:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Meanwhile Sonic Fox just murdered a kid on stream at Final Round

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Pomp posted:

i have actually tried my damnedest to enjoy this game (because no ones loving played xrd for the last month) but everytime i start to kind of get into it the near endless stream of technical issues reminds me that the game is in fact a mess and that the most egregious of those issues, the unstable netcode and underwater level offline input delay, haven't even been commented on by Capcom and will likely never get fixed.

Is this real? Am I dreaming?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Night Blade posted:

Think about what you just posted.

I'll wait.

Where's the inaccuracy, the PC version was clearly an afterthought

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Does anyone actually talk about the game any more? What am I supposed to do against Karin as Birdie? I feel like I can't press any buttons.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Double Bill posted:

Where's the inaccuracy, the PC version was clearly an afterthought

One more hour.

Just think about it a little more than not at all.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Crayvex posted:

What am I supposed to do against Karin as Birdie? I feel like I can't press any buttons.

Pick Chun instead?

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Crayvex posted:

Does anyone actually talk about the game any more? What am I supposed to do against Karin as Birdie? I feel like I can't press any buttons.

pray for a nerf

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Did u kno the official branded guitar hero guitars for the sony playstation three were not supported in their own game the microsoft windows guitar hero

PS from FR it looks like Dhalsim's v-reversal doesn't actually hit behind him, or at least has a really stubby hitbox behind him (lol I said stubby hitbox). And here's a vid for anti-Chun instant air legs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAMn9gZay08. Taken from a tech dump article on SRK: http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/17/street-fighter-v-roundup-extensive-f-a-n-g-combo-guides-anti-instant-air-legs-strategies-and-more/.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Pomp posted:

Would explain why I get hit by fireballs and other things when I'm sure I blocked in time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Crayvex posted:

I don't have much experience as Karin or any as Birdie, but if you mean on defense...well, you're kinda screwed. Birdie has quite bad options to avoid taking pressure (V-Reversal and tech roll a lot). You do outrange Karin though, so use that range to bully her.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Taiso posted:

pray for a nerf

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Taiso posted:

I'm not defending anything. Not including dinput is a baffling omission, but there are ways around it. There are bigger gently caress ups here.

Not having directinput can indeed be worked around, but it's pretty clear evidence as to how badly made the game is, along with things like "why do I have to see three different error messages telling me I'm not logged in when I turn my PS4 on with SF5 suspended".
Plus I mean, big fuckups don't somehow make little fuckups excusable.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

all gently caress ups are excusable if I payed money for them

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Don't let me interrupt you guys, but Madcatz released firmware upgrades.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
when will my Hori VLX work tho

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know. See ya

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Crayvex posted:

I just ran a Karin vs Birdie set against my buddy and my conclusion from this very limited data set is "hope the Karin player suffers a stroke"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

jebeebus posted:

when will my Hori VLX work tho

It will work with the Revelator demo that goes lives on April 4th on PS3/PS4. Rise Up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Don't let me interrupt you guys, but Madcatz released firmware upgrades.

I'm pretty sure they are just drivers aka pretty much same as using x360ce