Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

Still waiting for an answer on this, mods.

Are you Sepp Blatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gigi Galli posted:

Are you Sepp Blatter

He is, OP.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Are you Sepp Blatter

I did nothing wrong.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Aren't we all, in a sense, Sepp Blatter? Cheated by corrupt officials, forced to endure this farce, which soils the good name and reputation of the world game he gave his entire life to? Je suis Sepp, tu es Sepp, nous sommes Sepp!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I wish Sepp did a "reddit AMA" or something like that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

enjoy your bans

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

enjoy your bans

yesssss

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Gigi Galli posted:

enjoy your bans

Please ban bfb

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

fat gay nonce posted:

Please ban bfb

I did nothing wrong.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I did nothing wrong.

he is Sepp!!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

*stands, spartacusly* I, too, did nothing wrong.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Homework Explainer posted:

*stands, spartacusly* I, too, did nothing wrong.

*stands shartacusly* I want my bribe back

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I did nothing wrong.

That's exactly what someone who did something wrong would say!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
So FIFAs new topsponsor is chinese company Wanda, that bought Swiss company Infront last year for a sweet billion Euros.
"Cool and good" said Infront CEO Philippe Blatter, nephew of The Sepp and now director of "everything sports" at Wanda.

They also bought 20% of Athletico Madrid.

FIFA WORLD CUP 2026 PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA
book it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
if they can play in 50 degree weather then they can play with coal dust in their lungs

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

ephex posted:

So FIFAs new topsponsor is chinese company Wanda, that bought Swiss company Infront last year for a sweet billion Euros.
"Cool and good" said Infront CEO Philippe Blatter, nephew of The Sepp and now director of "everything sports" at Wanda.

book it.

amazing

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ephex posted:

book it.

This was coming anyway with all the money in that league.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Gigi Galli posted:

but now your starting to see the strings

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I think it's great that Wanda is expanding the business besides managing Maurito.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

its going to be such a loving train wreck i can't wait

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

hecko posted:

I think it's great that Wanda is expanding the business besides managing Maurito.

Lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

hecko posted:

heh

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ephex posted:

book it.

Never change fifa

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

hmmm

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Qatar won't have enough hotels by the 2022 WC, attendees are going to have to sleep in tents in the desert.

http://dohanews.co/world-cup-football-fans-to-have-option-of-staying-in-desert-camps/

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

trem_two posted:

Qatar won't have enough hotels by the 2022 WC, attendees are going to have to sleep in tents in the desert.

http://dohanews.co/world-cup-football-fans-to-have-option-of-staying-in-desert-camps/

Or people can just go to Abu Babby

also lol at FIFA being just as corrupt under the new president who would have thought

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

even if he is totally clean which seems unlikely, most of the corrupt people are still part of FIFA since they're just the african and asian FA leaders

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Since the only people going to this poo poo will be corporate representatives, good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm fine with a world cup in china tbh

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Homework Explainer posted:

i'm fine with a world cup in china tbh
Instead of hydration breaks we'll have quarterly oxygen mask breaks. Advertisers will make a killing.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Crazy Ted posted:

Instead of hydration breaks we'll have quarterly oxygen mask breaks. Advertisers will make a killing.

Eh, let's be fair, China will literally shut down everything to put on a good show. The smog will clear and then they'll turn everything back on and it'll come back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

china have raised the global price of steel/iron due to buying a massive amount of it for one city where they're having to cut production for months due to a flower show so i'm sure they'll manage a clean world cup

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

trem_two posted:

Ehh I'm actually kind of impressed by this. Rather than build an unnecessary amount of hotels that will never be used again (like their stupid stadiums) they're building termporary lodging.

I'm imagining they will look like the ones they set up in Mecca for the Hajj, though probably a bit nicer.

It's sad it's such a corrrupt medieval slavestate because Qatar is almost perfect for a World Cup (small country, easy transport, lots of flights, don't need to buy multiple hotels in different cites since there's only one city).

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Pook Good Mook posted:

Ehh I'm actually kind of impressed by this. Rather than build an unnecessary amount of hotels that will never be used again (like their stupid stadiums) they're building termporary lodging.

I'm imagining they will look like the ones they set up in Mecca for the Hajj, though probably a bit nicer.

It's sad it's such a corrrupt medieval slavestate because Qatar is almost perfect for a World Cup (small country, easy transport, lots of flights, don't need to buy multiple hotels in different cites since there's only one city).

Yeah tents and 130 degree temperatures and changing the scheduling for every league and all that is perfect.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Pook Good Mook posted:

This is true of every city with an aiport, with the added bonus that in most of them, grass grows naturally, exerting yourself at the wrong time of day won't hospitalise you, and you don't get executed for being a gay alcoholic.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Shrapnig posted:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Despite following the fifa saga quite closely I'd literally never heard of him til plantini got banned so I was under no illusions

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Is Qatar even a nice place to go as a tourist?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

Or, you know, FIFA could've picked a location that can accommodate the number of attendees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Is Qatar even a nice place to go as a tourist?

Only if you're straight and hate alcohol. So for you, no.