Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The Punisher is so cool :allears:

Dissenting, possibly edgy opinion: he's too broadly written as "troubled vet." I don't really find the Punisher to be a very engaging character. John Bernthal is great, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My girl came down with the funk I picked up. Luckily I'm feeling well enough to drive down and take care of her now. She's definitely been my rock over the past couple weeks dealing with the funeral and being sick. Rang up FTD and got her a nice bouquet today to start saying thank you.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
I can't wait for all the hipsters to die of heart attacks from the massive amounts of bacon they ingest.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dad report:

My wife wanted to run a 5k that the base was doing in celebration of Saint Patrick's Day. I kept pace for her and my son ran with us. It was an ok 5k even if it was like 3.4 miles instead of the 3.11 it's supposed to be. Afterwards we went out to go get some ramen from a local place that makes the best in the area. Unfortunately it was still too early and then didn't open up until noon. So we went and ate at the conveyor belt sushi place around the corner. My birthday was friday so we went to 99 Islands and went sailing on a yacht for a couple of hours.

It was really really cool. There was a bit of a language barrier but it wasn't too hard to figure out what the guy who owned the boat was trying to get us to do. We let my son steer the boat while he and I worked the sails. Once we got our far enough the wind picked up too much for him to keep things under control though so I had to take over while the owner kept making adjustments to stuff. My wife was freaking out a little bit because when the wind would gust the boat would tip over around 45 degrees or so but I think that's pretty normal and the centerboard keeps things under control. We sailed around for about an hour or so before we started heading back. It was a great time and was less than 50 dollars for all three of us to get 2 hours on a sailing yacht and the chance to actually sail the boat. My son was all grins the entire trip.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

One downside of not being single: I have to go see Zootopia today :suicide:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

One downside of not being single: I have to go see Zootopia today :suicide:

It's not too bad actually:

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Saw Zootopia. It's literally about how the government invented and introduced illicit drugs to minority populations in order to keep them down and create a panick about how their biology just makes them predisposed to be criminals. The main character is a cop who struggles with her own racism and at one point tells her minority partner that he's not like the rest of them, he's one of the good ones.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Batman vs Superman is next week get hype

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
If it was 2 hours of that last trailer playing over and over I wouldn't be too disappointed. loving Batman just destroying thugs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

It's not too bad actually:

thanks mrs. beanie

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

quote this if you were expelled from high school

A few pages late but yo.

Dropped out of my second high school and got a GED end of what was my junior year at 17 because the South.

High school exists because people aren't smart enough to get out of it faster.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
there was a kid at one of the schools I had to go to for recruiting. One of the kids there was a senior as long as I was a recruiter. I think finally last February he finally had to stop going because he turned like 20 or 21. He really wanted to join but couldn't break past 18 on the asvab.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

there was a kid at one of the schools I had to go to for recruiting. One of the kids there was a senior as long as I was a recruiter. I think finally last February he finally had to stop going because he turned like 20 or 21. He really wanted to join but couldn't break past 18 on the asvab.

How the gently caress do you even make an 18. I took the test cold, 3 years after leaving school, and made a 95.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

How the gently caress do you even make an 18. I took the test cold, 3 years after leaving school, and made a 95.

Brother, I've seen single digit scores.

Its always a good feeling when you're driving someone back and they ask what "x" means in math.

The worst part is you would get desperate just to have testers scheduled so it looks like your office is producing. So you would have to do all the paperwork to get a kid signed up to take the test. Drive an hour to the testing site, wait 2-3 hours in your gov car while they took the test. You get a phone call telling you he is finished with the test and got a 12. So you have to loving drive back an hour with this kid who is making excuses why he failed, maybe crying, blaming the ASVAB or something, just all sorts of crazy poo poo.

What do you say to someone is obviously an idiot and cant figure out basic algebra??????? IDK. Never figured it out. Eventually I just started telling them we would find their score out at the office and loving turn the radio up.

Sometimes you get fat kids, and I wouldn't like super put a lot of time into them, but I still would put a bit of effort into motivating and selling this kid, because even if he loses weight but still doesnt join, I feel like losing weight was a worthy goal on its own. I had one kid lose like 150lbs to join, it was incredible. But with idiots what can you do?

Jimmy I understand you want to join, so what I'm going to have to ask you to do is travel back in time and actually try just a little in school this time, thanks.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 19, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That makes me feel better for my brother, who never cracked 40.

My asvab experience was weird. I drove myself to MEPS in my beat to poo poo old Ford truck. Smoked a joint on the way, figured the old diesel wasn't polluting the cab enough. Went in, took the test, first out. They just gave me my score in an envelope and said give it to my recruiter.

Fucker grinned ear to ear that I pulled an 80 stoned.

Honestly, if you broke 50 on the asvab or got lines over 110, you were probably smart enough to hold a conversation without having people hesitate on whether you passed middle school.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 19, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My wife's cousin couldn't pass the asvab for army infantry but being 2007 or so he got a waiver and now he's just resigned up.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolenE1GCyg

Magical

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

That makes me feel better for my brother, who never cracked 40.

My asvab experience was weird. I drove myself to MEPS in my beat to poo poo old Ford truck. Smoked a joint on the way, figured the diesel old diesel wasn't polluting the cab enough. Went in, took the test, first out. They just gave me my score in an envelope and said give it to my recruiter.

Fucker grinned ear to ear that I pulled an 80 stoned.

scoring in the 30s might not make you a brilliant person, but you can get decent options depending on your line scores. Armywise anyhow. The Army offers what are called Category IV slots on a very limited basis. Not so limited in the surge era of course. Anyhow a catIV is a score of 21-30. When you can't even score high enough to get into the Army's "Well, you're retarded, but you can be an MP" territory then I have to wonder how you can even survive in the world. It also makes me really glad I'm not an MP because that is probably one of the lowest requirement jobs in the Army. Has to make for some really great SNCOs.

LingcodKilla posted:

My wife's cousin couldn't pass the asvab for army infantry but being 2007 or so he got a waiver and now he's just resigned up.

case in point.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 19, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I took the asvab at 36 and scored a 97 then joined so technically that makes me dumber than a 18yr who failed it and just went home.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

I took the asvab at 36 and scored a 97 then joined so technically that makes me dumber than a 18yr who failed it and just went home.

Same but 99/24 with a degree

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 19, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

I know the Army sucks and all that, but these kids just go home and work in either silver mines or North Dakota oil fields, thinking their lives are going to be great. Silvermines, logging industry, and oil derricks were our biggest competition. I don't care how much you get paid to work in a loving mine, I promise you the Army is better in every way.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

scoring in the 30s might not make you a brilliant person, but you can get decent options depending on your line scores. Armywise anyhow.

My brother wound up in commo, so I expect he had decent options if he had that. Just wound up flashing windows computers all day.

We're all dumb though because we accepted our scores and then signed our contracts.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I know the Army sucks and all that, but these kids just go home and work in either silver mines or North Dakota oil fields, thinking their lives are going to be great. Silvermines, logging industry, and oil derricks were our biggest competition. I don't care how much you get paid to work in a loving mine, I promise you the Army is better in every way.

I'm just being facetious.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm just being facetious.

I realized that, I'm just saying, no matter how loving horrible and terrible the army is, how much I hate and regret it blah blah blah, there are still so many people I encountered who are just so disgusted with the idea of enlisting that they think working in a loving silver mine is a better option. I'm just venting frustrations!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I took my test with one other kid, and somehow our scores got switched around. Recruiter was trying to tell me I got a twelve, gently caress no mother fucker I'm not that dumb, you already know the fucker next to me is a mouth breathing drooling retard.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I have no idea what my ASVAB score was because I took it at 16 high as gently caress and it was mandatory. I do know my GT score was 111 and was told that was the only score that mattered for promotions. GiP, was I an idiot for being a wheeled mechanic? :ohdear:

You know, besides all of us being loving idiots for enlisting.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I took the ASVAB with 5 others, all fresh out of high school. They waited until we got back to the office to check the scores, where most of those kids had family waiting for them. They read off the first 5 scores, all failed. Then they got to mine, with a 98. It's loving ridiculous that the ASVAB is such a huge barrier to so many people because it's easy as hell.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
jesus christ can anyone mention the ASVAB at all without everyone in this forum posting their score

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Carteret posted:

I have no idea what my ASVAB score was because I took it at 16 high as gently caress and it was mandatory. I do know my GT score was 111 and was told that was the only score that mattered for promotions. GiP, was I an idiot for being a wheeled mechanic? :ohdear:

You know, besides all of us being loving idiots for enlisting.

Jesus , if GT scored factored into promotions, I would've been sergeant major 5 years in. not because I got a good score but because everyone in my MOSs was stupidly loving low

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
not that it matters at all and the test is so easy a precocious beagle could ace it but I got a score of like 1 billion while drunk and temporarily insane

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
the recruiter told me I was a shoe-in for hte air force satellite interdiction special astronaut team six but unfortunately I am colorblind so I went infantry with the option to join delta force later on if I thought it was a good fit

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

never took it

suck my dick from the back

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
lol what's an ASVAB, I tested out of that poo poo with my ACT/SAT scores

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

never took it

suck my dick from the back

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

at the date posted:

jesus christ can anyone mention the ASVAB at all without everyone in this forum posting their score

I got an 88 :hitler:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
83 for this guy

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

at the date posted:

the recruiter told me I was a shoe-in for hte air force satellite interdiction special astronaut team six but unfortunately I am colorblind so I went infantry with the option to join delta force later on if I thought it was a good fit

You know, what's funny is any legitimate point you might have been able to make is immediately invalidated because you're an insufferable loving douchebag that nobody likes.

Also, 94. SMDFTB.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Doesn't matter what I got because I'm probably a 12 now. gently caress you, army.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sorry for starting a pissing contest :/

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I took the practice ASVAB once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
lol

if its such an easy test, why brag about the score? the low difficulty required is why nobody brags about banging fat chicks or the mentally disabled.

• Locked thread