Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Skwee posted:

i think it has to do with their age/ school level. Abbreviations based on Romanized Japanese.
JY seems to be a woman who acts like a young person.

The Y in JY is probably Youchienji or Kindergartner.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Part of the personal appeal of Love Live for me is the fact that Nico went from my least liked to my favorite idol. You just Nico Nico need to keep an open mind.

I went from a NicoMaki fan to a NicoMaki fan.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zettace posted:

The Y in JY is probably Youchienji or Kindergartner.

I edited my post with what I think it is. Got it from the pixiv wiki when I searched for JY

could be wrong though. idk. i can't read any of this poo poo

Skwee fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 20, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Nicopedia accepts my answer so we're both probably right.

The JK spinoffs are all supposed to be comedic terms anyways.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Well the j for jo bit I got. I just never knew the various school levels. Like I said, the first one had a kanji.

Christmas Cake posted:

中学生
小学生
幼稚園生

See, now we can all learn! (Is ranko seriously a middle schooler? What, is she like Miki and way younger than she looks?)

Futaba Anzu posted:

she deserved it

She's alright in my book. She's got her priorities straight and all.

I like Nico because she's kinda awful and that's great for people who you don't have to ever actually deal with.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

shin sato, she's kind of a two note "I like sweet things and also i'm at the age where i always talk about marriage"

ha, her 3 sizes are Good-Small-Good♪ and her weight is Dieting

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zettace posted:

Nicopedia accepts my answer so we're both probably right.

The JK spinoffs are all supposed to be comedic terms anyways.

I see. I thought maybe it was a joke about a woman acting like a child because of how the term translated in google to "Women's Little Girl" But I guess it's just terrible at translating (which i already knew)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

ha, her 3 sizes are Good-Small-Good♪ and her weight is Dieting

holy poo poo i didn't notice that at all, haha she's alright

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

She's alright in my book. She's got her priorities straight and all.

I like Nico because she's kinda awful and that's great for people who you don't have to ever actually deal with.

her character is straightforward a stereotypical dumb kid complete with wanting to be just like their cool (passionate) older sibling. Except it kinda backfires because Mika is hella gyaru and ... eh....

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

tsunamayo does a p good one of her tho

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

new event, tons of new missions ie tons of free poo poo, and new server is broken in today's starlight stage update

book
Nov 29, 2014
So much drat stuff to collect. Loading real slow too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i still dont understand this comic

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

It ran out of water.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It ran out of water.

oh, i guess it was that simple

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

me on the left, zep in the middle

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

holy poo poo titles!

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Zep, if you're looking to burn all your JP loveca, it looks like the scouting boxes for the nine days before the final live are going to be for individual members. April 27 is Umi so you can make a crazy all Umi account if you want.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Was wondering when the new missions tabs were going to get stuff in them.

Now to figure out what I am supposed to be doing for the time limited ones..

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

her character is straightforward a stereotypical dumb kid complete with wanting to be just like their cool (passionate) older sibling. Except it kinda backfires because Mika is hella gyaru and ... eh....

Yeah, that's why I think she's okay. Perfectly reasonable kid wants to be like what she thinks her older sister is. Luckily, she's a model-idol, so little sister can do it too. Wouldn't really work out so hot if she was a journalist or whatever. Perfectly okay character.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Better or worse than 'noodles fell into the sink'? What an unfortunate girl

e. good thing like 30 of these missions are already done.

Wait what the gently caress One of those definitely says "get Uzuki 50k fans" and oh man do they really have one for every goddamn idol? That explains why there are 124 missions there.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 20, 2016

book
Nov 29, 2014
The event song on master is something else. Really catchy at least.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Zep, if you're looking to burn all your JP loveca, it looks like the scouting boxes for the nine days before the final live are going to be for individual members. April 27 is Umi so you can make a crazy all Umi account if you want.

3 times per day max, I think I heard.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nicovent is live!

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Tulip got added in SS too.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

:bang:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

If I weren't aware (vicariously, at least) of what it takes, I'd be tempted to go for T1. Those tights! I'm deffo going to T2, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nicovent is live!

God dammit, having to run events on both SIF and SS is gonna be tough.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Trihugger posted:

On first though, I wasn't really into it cause I want my JP SIF team to have all members of Muse.

Then I realized I can just do a 10 pull once a day on every Muse except Umi, who gets like 2 or 3 of those.

That works out to 11 10-pulls.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

me on the left, zep in the middle

I am very kawaii, yes.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

On first though, I wasn't really into it cause I want my JP SIF team to have all members of Muse.

Then I realized I can just do a 10 pull once a day on every Muse except Umi, who gets like 2 or 3 of those.

That works out to 11 10-pulls.

such a powerful technique.....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was gonna joke that I sometimes can't tell Zeno and Zett apart on my phone since avatars don't show up when I'm not using wi-fi, cause their names both start with Ze.

Then I realized.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SO DOES MY USERNAME.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

That's a really cute event song. Those sliders are kinda unpleasant though. I can't get myself to overswipe them because I'm too busy running to the next note. Well, that should sort itself out sooner or later.

Also good, the titles do include idol ones. So now everyone can know who your favorite is, I guess. There's even a sparklier version for 300,000 fans.

:v now to see how long I can stand my badge idol and my displayed idol not matching

ゼ is a very powerful sound. It even looks powerful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

ゼ is a very powerful sound. It even looks powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZyH2v8Pl50

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I tried out a 2 song master medley (dont have enough LP to try 3 songs, but probably wouldn't have anyway)

Finished with 5 stamina left. Didn't even make C rank.

Also spent money to make skills activate more and used my healing team.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 20, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really wish I was good enough to do 3 Expert songs in a row cause it would make doing SIF so much faster.

SS lets you spend twice the stamina for a song during these token events which is nice.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I managed to get a team in the coop SS that was 4 SSRs and holy poo poo. I managed to S rank a song once, and that was with a great combo. This time, I had a stunningly crap combo of like, 130 on yumeiro harmony, still got an S.

Man, I want a team of SSRs. Effortless big numbers, once you add in all the supports and friend bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The best I've done on Master is an A that I barely got at the last two notes.