Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

Whisper one of the guild leaders or inviters in game. They can't easily invite you otherwise (koreagame systems).

Also, check here for guest passes. I would suggest putting both these things, bolded, at the top of the OP, but who the hell ever reads the OP (or the 250 page guide in broken english)?

Edit: I just checked: Information is under the pictures at the top of the OP already. It's me. I'm proof that goons don't read the OP, Lewtt.

How do I find the names of who to whisper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
For how immersive the game world is, it's really funny how bad the quests text and dialogue are though. They should have paid a bit more for better translation or perhaps a total rewrite for the story.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

central posted:

Dentists - invite this man

Only those who overcome the fiendishly difficult literacy challenge hidden in the OP move on to our inscrutable examination phase.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Mugaaz posted:

How do I find the names of who to whisper?

it's literally the third line of text in the OP jesus christ

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Goontheory. A new branch of behavioral science.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I didn't read the OP. I search officer, whisper, and guild lol. My bad

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

central posted:

This, 100%. I haven't been this engrossed in a game in a long, long time.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

For how immersive the game world is, it's really funny how bad the quests text and dialogue are though. They should have paid a bit more for better translation or perhaps a total rewrite for the story.

"God-given ability! That's me! I'm the Orc Hunter Buddy!"

He's still my favorite bad writing bit

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

It's pretty crap, there are alot of things they missed. For example the drop down box that need a-z sorting and small poo poo like that.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The text I can deal with, that very obviously female Irish voice actor doing the worst job ever of hiding her accent is the loving worst though.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Draxion posted:

"God-given ability! That's me! I'm the Orc Hunter Buddy!"

He's still my favorite bad writing bit

When I first encountered that npc I laughed out loud.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Trina Fort with the Delphe knights fighting the lizard army is a loving epic set piece.

A++ would grind there again.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
High processing owns. When crafting grain juice I get more concentrated grain juice than grain juice now.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

you have beautiful technique

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Trina Fort with the Delphe knights fighting the lizard army is a loving epic set piece.

A++ would grind there again.

Trina Fort was amazing and also totally destroyed my computer. It was hard to appreciate when I was getting 4 FPS :smith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is the reason I utterly hated it, my laptop was fuming in it's vicinity.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wilekat posted:

Trina Fort was amazing and also totally destroyed my computer. It was hard to appreciate when I was getting 4 FPS :smith:

I'm sorry :saddowns:

It was pretty amazing at 1440p on my 980ti.Though even that chocked a bit at times due to so much stuff happening literally everywhere I looked.

If they could make a gaming laptop that didn't sound like a VTOL jet taking off when under stress then maybe I'd know your pain. Strictly desktop gaming here these days.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

He made one fatal slip when he tried to match the ranger with the big iron on his hip.
Is there a source you guys like to use for character builds? I'm levelling a Ranger as my second character and trying out all the abilities before I get the 45 skill reset but have no idea if I'm optimizing properly to take advantage of combos.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

The voices are more endearingly bad than actually bad, but the texts are sometimes awful and misdirect you.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Haeleus posted:

Is there a source you guys like to use for character builds? I'm leveling a Ranger as my second character and trying out all the abilities before I get the 45 skill reset but have no idea if I'm optimizing properly to take advantage of combos.

I haven't seen any that aren't from the Korean or early alpha builds right now. It's really preference/conjecture at this point and deciding what you want to fully invest in. I would pick 5 abilities or so and MAX them, grab the first level of utility/mobility ones as well.

Really the golden rules I've found are maxing some AOE abilities to rotate, maxing some single target DPS for PVP, and making sure you have ALL your CC/mobility options to some degree.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 20, 2016

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
The launcher is stuck at 51%/16GB, if its doing anything I'm not seeing it anywhere. I tried to restart, it did an (I assume) integrity check and then locked up at 51%.

Do I have to re loving download? How do I stop this from happening again? =/

EDIT: Nm, on second restart, it finally rolled over to 52% and my HDD remaining space started going down again. Phew.

Loving Life Partner fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 20, 2016

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Nothing like sitting on a spike

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So we were having a little fight club in the heidel duel arena and boy is it great to know that the seats are still within the arena.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Alrighty, got burned out a bit. Coming back now. What did I miss in the last 1-2 weeks?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Oh well that's what, I got removed from guild. Now that's some class A fuckery over here.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I will yell at lewtt for you right now

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SweetBro posted:

Oh well that's what, I got removed from guild. Now that's some class A fuckery over here.

BwahahahahHAhahHAhahahAhahah

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

SweetBro posted:

if someone else wants in i usually drop the person who hasn't logged on the longest, 4 days or so

msg me for invite, got a spot

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have declared war on goontang again as revenge

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

I have declared war on goontang again as revenge

Thank you for your service Girthcuck.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

I'm channel locked atm, we're still on B2 right?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

B02 I think. I dunno if lumber troll got everyone in goon tang to switch channels cause lumber troll was getting pvp'd.

Pyrok
Jan 31, 2013
Lewtt, reminding you to invite me tomorrow.

Family name: Elemental
Character name: Trystar

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Am I wrong in assuming there is no way to know if someone is online or not if they aren't already on your friends list?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

randombattle posted:

Am I wrong in assuming there is no way to know if someone is online or not if they aren't already on your friends list?
You are, if you know the character (not family) name of the target.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

That's always how it goes. Gitrock get on line you butt.

Also this game is great.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

randombattle posted:

That's always how it goes. Gitrock get on line you butt.

Also this game is great.

i have this on my horse. i renamed my horses subaru and lancia because of how much it turns your horse into a rally car

prepare for UNDERSTEER though

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Today, I've been getting stuck. Not stuck like in the world, but it seems to happen when I interact. My character suddenly moves slowly and has that white burst pop. I can't interact with anything, ESC doesn't work, and I have to force close and restart to get things working again. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Haeleus posted:

Is there a source you guys like to use for character builds? I'm levelling a Ranger as my second character and trying out all the abilities before I get the 45 skill reset but have no idea if I'm optimizing properly to take advantage of combos.

Get the main bow skill and evasive explosive shot maxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lampey posted:

Get the main bow skill and evasive explosive shot maxed.
Don't take more than one level of evasive explosive shot before you are level 54.