Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

Well tbf, you also like Chun-Li. To give some possible insight his stomp and elbow were cool and part of what made him unique because it gave him ways to get in without having to make most of his offense wading through bullshit. Of course, that's the concept, it didn't end up being that way in any game he's ever been in, but maybe it could've been. Oh wait, he doesn't have the stomp which allowed for dirty shenanigans and were fun, his elbow which you would've thought was a gimme isn't there either, and his cool supers aren't there aside from stungun headbutt which is now a lovely special that's not gonna be anywhere near as cool as the actual move and his V stuff sounds rear end and boring.

Also from an aesthetic sense he just has like a really simple look. He's huge, wears overalls & boots, and has a cool voice that makes him sounds like he's from brooklyn and not another huge muscleman. Too bad he's now just the latter though with gross looking ripped jeans and a dumb face.

You've never even played this character and wrote all this angry crap about a 60 second teaser :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

You've never even played this character and wrote all this angry crap about a 60 second teaser :P

We haven't gotten the teaser, you'll have to excuse me though if the info we've been given is not exciting me.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I think Alex's v skill is cool but other than that I don't really have much interest in playing him. I'm interested in seeing how he shakes up the "meta" (sorry) though.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Playing Rashid's theme when everyone was expecting an Alex trailer was pretty drat funny.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Well tbf, you also like Chun-Li. To give some possible insight his stomp and elbow were cool and part of what made him unique because it gave him ways to get in without having to make most of his offense wading through bullshit. Of course, that's the concept, it didn't end up being that way in any game he's ever been in, but maybe it could've been. Oh wait, he doesn't have the stomp which allowed for dirty shenanigans and were fun, his elbow which you would've thought was a gimme isn't there either, and his cool supers aren't there aside from stungun headbutt which is now a lovely special that's not gonna be anywhere near as cool as the actual move and his V stuff sounds rear end and boring.

Also from an aesthetic sense he just has like a really simple look. He's huge, wears overalls & boots, and has a cool voice that makes him sounds like he's from brooklyn and not another huge muscleman. Too bad he's now just the latter though with gross looking ripped jeans and a dumb face.

It's not so much me liking Chun as it is Chun being the only character that kinda sorta fits my playstyle. I like Karin better, to be honest.

And I lied, I kinda get why people liked Alex in 3S, but I really would rather see everyone else in that DLC list make it in before Alex because his basic gameplan is already there on other characters. Meanwhile we could really use a Guile, Urien or even Juri.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And really half of that poo poo isn't even angry, half of it is me complementing a character from a game I don't even like, which I will do if he's fun in this game and eat my words? So like, I don't see the issue with what I posted aside from you being a salty baby about me not liking the info I've been given so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

It's not so much me liking Chun as it is Chun being the only character that kinda sorta fits my playstyle. I like Karin better, to be honest.

And I lied, I kinda get why people liked Alex in 3S, but I really would rather see everyone else in that DLC list make it in before Alex because his basic gameplan is already there on other characters. Meanwhile we could really use a Guile, Urien or even Juri.

I mean we could use the more unique characters first, but Capcom's gonna stagger them because they're going to end up being the most different and will probably require the most work unlike Alex, Balrog, and Guile who will probably be fundamentally similar to how they used to be

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
In fairness, they said even less about Fang in his reveal, so I imagine we haven't been told about everything Alex does yet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also I just remembered Ibuki is on the Season 1 list and she's either gonna be complete trash or terrifying, considering how this game works

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt they are withholding info about this character people have been wanting for a while unlike Fang who is an entirely new character, but I could be wrong.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dias posted:

also I just remembered Ibuki is on the Season 1 list and she's either gonna be complete trash or terrifying, considering how this game works

shes really the only one im really excited about

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

I mean there's no vortex in this game, so yeah she's gonna have to be p different.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Baal posted:

I wanna believe Jazzy NYC will sound good since Karin's theme is p on point but then there's the Bison and Ryu and Zangief themes and I don't know if it'll actually be one of the good ones

Whoa whoa whoa... Zangief's theme is loving great. Ryu's is fine. Bison's I could leave though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm interested in Juri

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Commissar Ken posted:

Whoa whoa whoa... Zangief's theme is loving great. Ryu's is fine. Bison's I could leave though.

Zangief's is really boring. Like the Jazzy SFIV version is a cool way to play and Ryu having orchestral backing is so played out at this point.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Baal posted:

I doubt they are withholding info about this character people have been wanting for a while unlike Fang who is an entirely new character, but I could be wrong.

He was also the final character, and the fact that he was new made me want to know more, whereas the Alex one I took as either those being his only specials (sans his command normals) or just giving a sampling considering he's already an established character. :shrug:

In Training posted:

I'm interested in Juri

Hell yeah. :respek:

You should check out that Diepod guy even more, then; he draws a lot of really great Juri art.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I mean there's no vortex in this game, so yeah she's gonna have to be p different.

Plenty of stupid 50/50 resets tho, and depending on how kunais are implemented, they could allow for tech-reactable mixups like in USF4.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Baal posted:

Zangief's is really boring. Like the Jazzy SFIV version is a cool way to play and Ryu having orchestral backing is so played out at this point.

Whaaaaa? SFV's Zangief theme is waaay better than IVs. You're having a case of the Liam opinions right now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Whaaaaa? SFV's Zangief theme is waaay better than IVs. You're having a case of the Liam opinions right now.

Nope, he's right, SFV Gief theme is not as good as 4's.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I dig the sax in his 4 theme but I think the build up and the high point in his 5 theme beats the entire rest of 4's theme. I refuse to budge on this point and will become bitter as gently caress about this minor nothing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly thought SF4's music sucked a lot with a couple exceptions. Solar eclipse was cool. I'd say 5 has about a 50% success rate.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

shes really the only one im really excited about
i hate a terrible disability where i can't help but hold down back at all times, so i am really looking forward to guile and balrog

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

cams posted:

i hate a terrible disability where i can't help but hold down back at all times, so i am really looking forward to guile and balrog

Same.

I do think Alex is probably the least interesting of the DLC characters but c'mon, new dude is new. It'll be fun for a couple weeks even if he's the worst character ever. Adding anything to the barebones release game/roster would be a relief at this point.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I'm just trying to figure out what the gently caress they're gonna make Balrog's V-skill in this game. I'm afraid it's gonna be some variation of the turn around punch or the headbutt.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

hiddenriverninja posted:

What should I be using Chun's b. HP for?

Punishing blocked/whiffed DPs and cancelling into EX legs.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Commissar Ken posted:

I'm just trying to figure out what the gently caress they're gonna make Balrog's V-skill in this game. I'm afraid it's gonna be some variation of the turn around punch or the headbutt.
"dirty boxing", vskill is a command grab where he goes in, grabs them, and bites them.

or make turn around punch a vskill or something

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I have not remembered a single fighting game Stage/Character Theme since CvS2

Alex V-skill gonna be homing stomp. V-Trigger is gonna be Stun Gun Headbutt.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

When did CvS2 come out again? Was it after KOF2000? Because i'm pretty sure Goodbye Esaka is the last one you NEED to remember.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

When did CvS2 come out again? Was it after KOF2000? Because i'm pretty sure Goodbye Esaka is the last one you NEED to remember.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MARK OF THE MILLENIUM

i miss cvs2

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

cams posted:

MARK OF THE MILLENIUM

i miss cvs2

That's right. CvS1 is MILLENNIUM FIGHT 2000!

gently caress I miss stage intros.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

Alex V-skill gonna be homing stomp. V-Trigger is gonna be Stun Gun Headbutt.

We already know what his V-Shits are. His taunt and an armored clothesline.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

We already know what his V-Shits are. His taunt and an armored clothesline.

Boo, this sucks QQ

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure his v trigger is an install that lets him do the clothesline. So more like Karin than Vega.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's kinda ambiguous, but you're probably right. The clothesline itself is one of them "sick reads bro" moves - one hit of armor, chargeable, breaks guard at full charge. I'll assume it'll waste half his V-Trigger meter if it's an install move.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

teagone posted:

In case any of you missed Tokido's epic comeback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkYRI5haCgI

Tokido is in full murderface mode lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28MCXvJpxJQ

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I get the impression it's closer to Vega than Karin (or at least Mika, considering Karin gets an entirely new set of moves in V-Trigger), or maybe even Zangief's (considering it's a move but can be charged).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The way the description phrases it is it's like Vega's where it's one attack. If it's an install I can see it being kinda better but it sounds like its utility mostly comes from being charged which makes it kinda ehhhh

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Jmcrofts posted:

I honestly thought SF4's music sucked a lot with a couple exceptions. Solar eclipse was cool. I'd say 5 has about a 50% success rate.

rip indestructible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lessail posted:

rip indestructible

The objective reason why SF4 is a better game than SFV: it has Indestructible.