Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Haeleus posted:

Is there a source you guys like to use for character builds? I'm levelling a Ranger as my second character and trying out all the abilities before I get the 45 skill reset but have no idea if I'm optimizing properly to take advantage of combos.

Heads up you don't get a second level 45 reset for your alt or any of the big blackstone quests or achievements (all that gold etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Should I not be activating each one of these nodes? I can't tell if there's a limit or anything.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Clocks posted:

Six stones isn't that bad!

48 failstacks to finally get my +15 weapon. gently caress that bullshit. I might just leave my armor mostly alone and wait for grunil.

A little statistics magic will show that it's much easier to force and repair with easily obtainable vendor 80k/90k per 10 dura amity weapons than it is to yolo it past +12 :)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FireWhizzle posted:

A little statistics magic will show that it's much easier to force and repair with easily obtainable vendor 80k/90k per 10 dura amity weapons than it is to yolo it past +12 :)
Actual practice of +15 weapon having could tell you the cost of forcing +12 to +15 (:ssh: It's slightly less than +15 blue Yuria weapon on marketplace, if set to maximal price.). 48 failstacks is a particularly bad luck, which even then can be turned to a considerable profit - I also had to feed ~50 weapon stones to my +14 bow, but I also have +28 failstack remaining on my character, which by any effective means is worth some ~20 armour stones the least.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

randombattle posted:

Should I not be activating each one of these nodes? I can't tell if there's a limit or anything.

The number of contribution points is the limit, and you can release a node to reclaim the points at will. So activate away until you have a plan that needs the points!

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

randombattle posted:

If you spend contribution on every node you come across you might not have enough to get houses for production/storage but there's no hard limit.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

randombattle posted:

That's always how it goes. Gitrock get on line you butt.

Also this game is great.

I've hoped for drift the whole time. I guess I need a new horse!

HOLY poo poo GUYS IF YOU BUY DARK BEER YOU CAN GET PEOPLE IN TAVERNS TO POINT OUT LOCATIONS AND PEOPLE

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 21, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Bonapartisan posted:

Today, I've been getting stuck. Not stuck like in the world, but it seems to happen when I interact. My character suddenly moves slowly and has that white burst pop. I can't interact with anything, ESC doesn't work, and I have to force close and restart to get things working again. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
I had something like this when I was lagging absurdly badly.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I figured out how to trade. Help. I can't stop.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Don't take more than one level of evasive explosive shot before you are level 54.

Aren't the higher levels worth it for more damage?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lampey posted:

Aren't the higher levels worth it for more damage?
No, that damage is from the jump itself, not the arrows you shoot with the combo. The arrows you shoot with the combo scale only off your bow mastery.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

:staredog::barf::barf::barf:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

I think we just found our new coordinated war target boooooys.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

Time to finish gearing up/grinding to 50

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Astroniomix posted:

Time to finish gearing up/grinding to 50

We were seeking out people moving trade carts without permits just today!

Enforcing the law can be tough work, but it's honest. Killing smugglers and murdering their carts is just one small part of what we do to make the world a safer place.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

So is this game fun-fun or just "hanging out with lovely MMO crew getting up to antics" fun? I've done both, just curious.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

So is this game fun-fun or just "hanging out with lovely MMO crew getting up to antics" fun? I've done both, just curious.

Legit fun-fun, like....maybe the most fun I've had in an MMO since EQ1.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I've spent like 5 hours just running trade packages in a tiny region of the world. It could be nothing more than fantasy drugwars and it would be fun as poo poo.

But I also get to be a punch wizard and shoot hadokens at people.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I spent a couple hours chasing down wild horses across the wilderness before finding and taming one with rope and some sugar cubes I made, and had a blast the entire time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AegisP posted:

I spent a couple hours chasing down wild horses across the wilderness before finding and taming one with rope and some sugar cubes I made, and had a blast the entire time.
I will always remember that Mumble story of someone witnessing brave pubbie's attempts to tame other player's horse. :v:

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Oh jesus christ they cannot be serious. :stonklol:

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016

Kimsemus posted:

Did Parks and Recs beat us to the punch?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

9foxtails posted:

Did Parks and Recs beat us to the punch?

I war decced that poo poo the before I finished reading their loving macro.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

just got back from vacation - logged in and I was removed from Goontang. How do I get back in?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

goontang is DFC imoutos only now

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

randombattle posted:

That's always how it goes. Gitrock get on line you butt.

Also this game is great.

What do you want

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Good morning Grithok.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

arbybaconator posted:

just got back from vacation - logged in and I was removed from Goontang. How do I get back in?

you message lewtt ingame

schme
May 28, 2013
I'm playing on EU (Croxus) and absolutely love the game, building my empire and exploring has been engrossing enough. I do miss making sure people have their trade and horse permissions in order though. There wouldn't happen to be an unofficial goon guild or some gravitational effect pulling random goons in towards a certain guild? On another note, I liked the politics/zone gameplay in AoW, any idea if we're getting something similar in the updates?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Politics should be in already as the game is built on their premise - they just have to turn them on.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

Actual practice of +15 weapon having could tell you the cost of forcing +12 to +15 (:ssh: It's slightly less than +15 blue Yuria weapon on marketplace, if set to maximal price.). 48 failstacks is a particularly bad luck, which even then can be turned to a considerable profit - I also had to feed ~50 weapon stones to my +14 bow, but I also have +28 failstack remaining on my character, which by any effective means is worth some ~20 armour stones the least.

Big guy +15 weapon having lmao.

ok, good luck playing the lottery also, im sure there's some false hope of recovered cost on wasted money there, too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FireWhizzle posted:

ok, good luck playing the lottery also, im sure the'res some false hope of recovered cost on wasted money there, too
Omar, FL.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Saw these people last night thanks to my girlfriend. I was on the way to bed and she called me back to our "nerd room" to show it to me.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Lewtt I'm on vacation don't kick sabrinateenwitch.

Edit for phone typos

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So I am amazed of how stupid DAUM have been when it comes to the changes for pvp in this game. It is truly amazing that a company can be this clueless about a game they released:

Lets go through the biggest issues first:

PK’ing: first off pk’ing is you griefing someone else, you are destroying someone’s fun because you want to.

Pk’ing only exist in a VERY small amount of successful games and it ALWAYS have an extremely harsh punishment: 2 example’s

L2 when dying you had a high chance at losing your gear (completely lost it, and if you think gear is hard to get in bdo, lolz you would cry in L2), couldn’t enter town (guards would own you hard if you tried).

Eve-online: you just died (people didn’t have to find and kill you, concord did that) lost your ship and minimum half your stuff in it, and if you entered high sec (1/3 of the game where most stuff was sold and bought. and the 0.0 area's you would be hardpressed to be in without being part of the people owning it) you died (concord did that). AND you couldn’t just use alts, you would need a second account to then buy stuff you needed.

Why is this? Because people will leave if someone can effectively lock them away from playing the content, they want to play and have worked towards.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

FireWhizzle posted:

ok, good luck playing the lottery also, im sure there's some false hope of recovered cost on wasted money there, too

Are you saying forcing upgrades is more cost effective on average?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Drythe posted:

So I am amazed of how stupid DAUM have been when it comes to the changes for pvp in this game. It is truly amazing that a company can be this clueless about a game they released:

Lets go through the biggest issues first:

PK’ing: first off pk’ing is you griefing someone else, you are destroying someone’s fun because you want to.

Pk’ing only exist in a VERY small amount of successful games and it ALWAYS have an extremely harsh punishment: 2 example’s

L2 when dying you had a high chance at losing your gear (completely lost it, and if you think gear is hard to get in bdo, lolz you would cry in L2), couldn’t enter town (guards would own you hard if you tried).

Eve-online: you just died (people didn’t have to find and kill you, concord did that) lost your ship and minimum half your stuff in it, and if you entered high sec (1/3 of the game where most stuff was sold and bought. and the 0.0 area's you would be hardpressed to be in without being part of the people owning it) you died (concord did that). AND you couldn’t just use alts, you would need a second account to then buy stuff you needed.

Why is this? Because people will leave if someone can effectively lock them away from playing the content, they want to play and have worked towards.

They really hate having pvp in their pvp game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That's only the top 1/10