Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

ZenVulgarity posted:

Let's figure out kind of gimmicky builds

Puncture - Chance to Flee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

regulargonzalez posted:

Varunastra - Chance to Flee - off hand Vile claw

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

regulargonzalez posted:

Why the gently caress did this never occur to me?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

https://poeurl.com/Anp

Idea is to use Varunastra in the main hand, Rive in the off-hand

Rive will give increased bleed damage and always causes bleed

Sunder - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Strikes as the main damage thing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

I was asked to post my flameblast build, so here it is:

poeurl.com/AkX <- Endgame nodes
poeurl.com/AkY <- My current nodes at lvl82

5link: flameblast -> faster casting -> chance to ignite -> fire penetration -> controlled destruction
curse setup: blasphemy -> flammability -> temporal chains
Clarity max level
Fire golem

Suggested gear: Blood dance boots (damage, regen), rise of the phoenix (reflect), cloak of flame (ignite duration, physical mitigation)

Bandits: Oak, Alira, Kraityn

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters <- My actual setup here, the gear is pretty loving mediocre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEiUARPi5qs

Short video of the build doing a double beyond + vulnerability bazaar (t10) map

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Flame dash is such a good skill. I am sure it can be made into something great, despite the cooldown.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

euphronius posted:

Isn't summoner more of a late game build.

I leveled as a summoner and it was fine. SRS does some solid damage and functions as blockers too. Zombies constantly die early on though. I never really bothered to summon them unless there was a boss coming up or a perandus chest nearby. Ran clarity until my tree could mostly sustain it and I had enough mana reserve reduction nodes to run multiple offense nodes instead.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

baby puzzle posted:

Flame dash is such a good skill. I am sure it can be made into something great, despite the cooldown.

searing bond + flame dash spell tomes

actually a legit build!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

searing bond + flame dash spell tomes

actually a legit build!

That sounds hilarious

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Iron Commander 600 Dex Siege Ballista build!

4 Siege Ballistas up, scale with crit and flat elemental damage.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I have a friend who wants to play a Blade Vortex. He doesn't have access to Scion and I told him Necro would be best first. Does anyone have a skill tree I could get him started off on?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Do I have to do anything other than place items in a public premium tab with a price to get them to show up on poe.trade? I cant find any of my items for sale there.

Edit: I noticed that some items on poe.trade dont have the IGN by them and wonder if any of these might be mine. What do you have to do to get your characters name to show under the items for sale on a poe.trade search?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ZenVulgarity posted:

I present to you: an attempt to not make Elemental Hit be a laughing stock.

Tree

Elemental Hit - Increased Critical Chance - Weapon Elemental Damage - Elemental Proliferation - Faster Attacks - Faster Projectiles (in that order, also going to be hell to get on ES armor)
Curse: Elemental Weakness, Assassin's Mark if you go dual-curse
Auras: Clarity (probably need), Discipline
Golem: Ice
Mobility: Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Reduced Duration

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Alira

Dual-wield Piscator's Vigil (which is pretty drat cheap)

Thoughts:
*Beacon of Ruin would be really to nice since Prolif (and its damage penalty) can be dropped, but a permanent 20% damage penetration (combined with Elemental Equilibrium and Weakness dropping enemy's resistances to gently caress Yo Resistances) with Mastermind of Discord is too good to pass up.
*Little low on EHP. Would go more defensive by dropping all the Breath nodes and picking up Essence Surge, Written in Blood and Mind Barrier.
*Will need a bit of help on DEX and quite a bit on STR from gear.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

jerkstore77 posted:

Do I have to do anything other than place items in a public premium tab with a price to get them to show up on poe.trade? I cant find any of my items for sale there.

Edit: I noticed that some items on poe.trade dont have the IGN by them and wonder if any of these might be mine. What do you have to do to get your characters name to show under the items for sale on a poe.trade search?

I can't say I've heard of this problem before.

Try changing zones and then checking. It can take a minute or two to update.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

whypick1 posted:

I present to you: an attempt to not make Elemental Hit be a laughing stock.

Clearing with a 100% single target skill relying on ele prolif to clear packs will be just horrible clear speed, beyond horrible even.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Mortimer posted:

I can't say I've heard of this problem before.

Try changing zones and then checking. It can take a minute or two to update.

I listed the items yesterday, and played through multiple zones. My items never show up. I'm not in game now, but it should show up if I check the option to show offline items, right?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

ZenVulgarity posted:

https://poeurl.com/Anp

Idea is to use Varunastra in the main hand, Rive in the off-hand

Rive will give increased bleed damage and always causes bleed

Sunder - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Strikes as the main damage thing

What skill would you use to trigger the bleed from Rive?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

jerkstore77 posted:

I listed the items yesterday, and played through multiple zones. My items never show up. I'm not in game now, but it should show up if I check the option to show offline items, right?

Probably. Make a tab and put a unique item in there for 99 ex or something then do a "minimum buyout" search and see if you show up then.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Katasi posted:

What skill would you use to trigger the bleed from Rive?

Shouldn't Sunder work?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

ZenVulgarity posted:

Shouldn't Sunder work?

Sunder only works with axes, maces, and staves. The bleed on hit from Rive is local.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

What are the pros/cons to pure earthquake (etup), ice crash eq, and sunder eq?

I see HC people doing sunder and SC doing IC more but I don't know why.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Katasi posted:

Sunder only works with axes, maces, and staves. The bleed on hit from Rive is local.

That's how it works? So I would have to use something that would also be a claw attack?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Would I use a Bino's then?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You just wouldn't use a second weapon. Bleed being local means you're only getting the bleed effect from things you actually hit with Rive, so if you're trying to build around the bleed attacking with any non-Rive weapon would just take away from that. I mean you could do the whole Southpaw thing but either way it's not particularly gimmicky when it's just "use this unique how it's intended to be used and it's mediocre because the unique is really mediocre."

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

Iron Commander 600 Dex Siege Ballista build!

4 Siege Ballistas up, scale with crit and flat elemental damage.

I saw someone who got 1200 dex for 7 ballistas, it looked like a marauder set demonhunter from diablo 3, just a wall of turrets mowing everything down.

Whats the best build option if I want to run around as fast as possible and clear 2+ screens worth of enemies in a split second, spark, ice trap or some kind of bow thing?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I saw someone who got 1200 dex for 7 ballistas, it looked like a marauder set demonhunter from diablo 3, just a wall of turrets mowing everything down.

Whats the best build option if I want to run around as fast as possible and clear 2+ screens worth of enemies in a split second, spark, ice trap or some kind of bow thing?

Blade Vortex has been working pretty well for me.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

You just wouldn't use a second weapon. Bleed being local means you're only getting the bleed effect from things you actually hit with Rive, so if you're trying to build around the bleed attacking with any non-Rive weapon would just take away from that. I mean you could do the whole Southpaw thing but either way it's not particularly gimmicky when it's just "use this unique how it's intended to be used and it's mediocre because the unique is really mediocre."

You're not being helful!!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How in the gently caress did he get 1200 dex without completely gimping the rest of his stats :psyduck:

I'm intrigued now

dis astranagant posted:

Astramentis, Black Sun Crest and dex on every item.
I can see the Black Sun Crest, but Astramentis would definitely gimp your stats otherwise. Also it would be possible to get a rare amulet with dex close to that with only two suffix mods, technically. T1 all stats + T1 dex roll + jade base = 107

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 21, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

How in the gently caress did he get 1200 dex without completely gimping the rest of his stats :psyduck:

I'm intrigued now

Astramentis, Black Sun Crest and dex on every item.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

What's a good unique helm that lots of builds use? I've been enjoying running the lab each day a few times as a change of pace from grinding maps, and I'd like to have something to throw the enchants at. I got +8% Ice Trap radius on my mediocre life + dual res helmet and I'm probably going to leave it at that.

I was thinking probably either Rat's Nest or Alpha's Howl? Rat's Nest would probably be looking for any Enchant for a primary crit skill and Alpha's would be... a minion skill or something? I'm not really even sure. I'm on softcore so maybe Abyssus looking for practically any good melee skill?

Or would I be better off picking up a pure Armor base with the tried and true tri-res + max life? 4 red for a CWDT setup seems to be pretty popular. Anyone been doing this? Is there even really a market for it I see some stuff posted to poe.trade for some pretty high prices for good enchants.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Put it on ilevel 84 hats with good crafting bases maybe.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I just found cadiro selling this in a map, is this actually worth something? I hear this is among the more useful uniques. I'd need to farm ~500 coins to buy this myself,=.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

West007 posted:

I just found cadiro selling this in a map, is this actually worth something? I hear this is among the more useful uniques. I'd need to farm ~500 coins to buy this myself,=.

Eugh I bought mine for 6k coins. Yeah it's one of the ones worth buying.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
I managed to get an Earthquake mod on my helm for my Earthquake build, but it was increased radius and I already had like 80 increased aoe already, so no dice.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The cheapest Shav's is going for 2.5ex on PSC. Even if you don't use it, buy it and flip it. Like, now.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

MerrMan posted:

What's a good unique helm that lots of builds use? I've been enjoying running the lab each day a few times as a change of pace from grinding maps, and I'd like to have something to throw the enchants at. I got +8% Ice Trap radius on my mediocre life + dual res helmet and I'm probably going to leave it at that.

I was thinking probably either Rat's Nest or Alpha's Howl? Rat's Nest would probably be looking for any Enchant for a primary crit skill and Alpha's would be... a minion skill or something? I'm not really even sure. I'm on softcore so maybe Abyssus looking for practically any good melee skill?

Or would I be better off picking up a pure Armor base with the tried and true tri-res + max life? 4 red for a CWDT setup seems to be pretty popular. Anyone been doing this? Is there even really a market for it I see some stuff posted to poe.trade for some pretty high prices for good enchants.

armor helm with earthquake duration decrease or rat's nest with +2 lightning arrow chains

both of those will earn you a few ex

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Anyone online who I could buy 550 PC from? Orgbas ingame

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
how do you solve the puzzle of the labyrinth where the game crashes every fourth or fifth map change and you have to start over

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

jerkstore77 posted:

Do I have to do anything other than place items in a public premium tab with a price to get them to show up on poe.trade?
thats all i did and people have been buying my poo poo. i used the option to set a whole tab as one price so maybe try that if you arent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Awesome! posted:

thats all i did and people have been buying my poo poo. i used the option to set a whole tab as one price so maybe try that if you arent

I've been pricing stuff individually in my tab and have had no problems. Hell, I even had one item get flipped less than 2 minutes after I priced it (which probably means I undervalued the hell out of it).

• Locked thread