Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is it that time again where we post our Every Day Carry ™ ©?

No, because I don't care what my manservant has in his pockets and I sure as poo poo don't want to take a picture of it on my phone that he carries for me.

Also I'm dictating this post and he's giving me "that look" and I don't give a poo poo because that's how rich I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

September, you racist.

It's announced in September for the first time, and ships within the same month?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Michael Scott posted:

It's announced in September for the first time, and ships within the same month?

Yes.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

*sigh* Yes, I think once they were late and did it in October, but they usually have an event in September, preorders start either immediately or a few weeks later, and then they ship shortly after. Before that, once manufacturing gets underway, you'll see part leaks from China and various rumours. We're not there yet.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Michael Scott posted:

That's usually how they do it.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Michael Scott posted:

yes, as you could find out by looking up the wiki entry. 6s announced sept 9, released sept 25

movax
Aug 30, 2008

We've got the SH/SC version of the event thread here if people are interested: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769230

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
The release schedule is just quite different from so many other products that it catches me off guard. I'm used to several months of hype between product announcements and launches, instead of same-month releases.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

xzzy posted:

No, because I don't care what my manservant has in his pockets and I sure as poo poo don't want to take a picture of it on my phone that he carries for me.

Also I'm dictating this post and he's giving me "that look" and I don't give a poo poo because that's how rich I am.

How can you call yourself a (wo)man if you don't personally carry a flashlighttorch in your cargo pants?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The new iPhone SE is cool and good and I want one. :(

I don't care about the lack of 3d touch, cause it lacks the camera wart.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is iOS 9.3 dropping today?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

EugeneJ posted:

Is iOS 9.3 dropping today?

Yes.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
So the iPhone SE is officially coming. Basically the 6S in a 5S body. GSMArena states that it'll have 1gb of ram in it, but man I hope that is not true.

Regardless, a $399 off-contract iPhone is pretty awesome.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No 3D Touch either.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Michael Scott posted:

Thanks for the worthless post.

:ironicat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lblitzer posted:

So the iPhone SE is officially coming. Basically the 6S in a 5S body. GSMArena states that it'll have 1gb of ram in it, but man I hope that is not true.

Regardless, a $399 off-contract iPhone is pretty awesome.
Oh, that's a dealbreaker.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I want an SE immediately.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Are bloggers getting to touch the new products today? I'm really curious if the SE has a headphone jack.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I'm sure the SE has a headphone jack. I'm not sure why people want one. The 6S isn't very big and I can reach across the entire screen one-handed with my thumb. You all have some abnormally small hands.

snuff
Jul 16, 2003
I've had my iPhone 6 since release and want to upgrade to the SE right now, gently caress this big lovely phone size.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

Are bloggers getting to touch the new products today? I'm really curious if the SE has a headphone jack.

It does, the store page is up and you can certainly see the headphone jack.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Michael Scott posted:

I'm sure the SE has a headphone jack. I'm not sure why people want one. The 6S isn't very big and I can reach across the entire screen one-handed with my thumb. You all have some abnormally small hands.

How are you holding the phone? Can you reach all the way across if you put your pinky finger underneath the phone, so that it rests on it?

Or, if not your pinky, then are you having the bottom right corner sort of dig into your palm?

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 21, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Michael Scott posted:

I wear large gloves and can't reach the upper left corner where controls often are without shifting my hand.

That they included Reachability is tacit admission that they're too large for normal hands.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Do we know when today 9.3 is supposed to drop?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Oh, that's a dealbreaker.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10170/apple-announces-iphone-se

Says there is 2gb quite confidently but I'm not sure where they're able to confirm that from.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

IllegallySober posted:

Do we know when today 9.3 is supposed to drop?

Just showed up for me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

carry on then posted:

Just showed up for me.

Same. Nothing yet for OS 10.11.4 in case anyone was wondering. Same for WatchOS 2.2. Not home so I can't check my ATV.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

carry on then posted:

Just showed up for me.

Same here

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
We've been in a position where we had to upgrade a few users from 5C to 5S which has felt kind of mean (we still do contracts, and the company won't shell out for the 6) so this will at least be a real step up.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Rick posted:

We've been in a position where we had to upgrade a few users from 5C to 5S which has felt kind of mean (we still do contracts, and the company won't shell out for the 6) so this will at least be a real step up.

My friend just had to do this like a week ago (his 5c broke).

Bad timing :(

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I upgraded from a 5C to a 5S like a month ago. I'd be mad if I hadn't gotten a brand-new 32GB 5S for $250.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Got 9.3 installed yay

Night shift needs varied weekend/week scheduling. It's a good start though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheQat posted:

Pfft, they needed this in do not disturb like two years ago and it still hasn't arrived.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

TheQat posted:

Got 9.3 installed yay

Why? The sun doesn't keep a different schedule on weekends.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

My friend just had to do this like a week ago (his 5c broke).

Bad timing :(
Depending where he bought, he's probably within his return period. If he bought from Apple, he has 30 days. Not sure about carriers.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Lblitzer posted:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10170/apple-announces-iphone-se

Says there is 2gb quite confidently but I'm not sure where they're able to confirm that from.

It seems like picking up a lot of the modern photo features (e.g. 4K video, 240fps slow-mo, 12MP camera, 63MP panos...) would reeeeally benefit from (or require?) 2GB.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Depending where he bought, he's probably within his return period. If he bought from Apple, he has 30 days. Not sure about carriers.

He got it from a Verizon store, free on contract. I assumed the contract bit nullified returns, though?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TheQat posted:

Got 9.3 installed yay

Why? You don't even notice the shift after a few days.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

He got it from a Verizon store, free on contract. I assumed the contract bit nullified returns, though?

No, he can still return it, but I think Verizon's return period is only like 14 days or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Updated both iphone and ipad to 9.3 and now both are stuck at activating because server is not available. Thats a first.