Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Ahem. Er, I don't own a uterus, so correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you literally define a period as a replenishing of the inner wall of the uterus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

EvilGenius posted:

Ahem. Er, I don't own a uterus, so correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you literally define a period as a replenishing of the inner wall of the uterus?

You could define it like that, but that would involve treating women decently, and that's just unacceptable.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't know what this is, but Under the Western Freeway is a superb album.

This is true of all of Grandaddy's discography.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
e: nm

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Boywhiz88 posted:

This is true of all of Grandaddy's discography.

And Jason Lytle's solo stuff too. I never understood how they never got big.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Alien Arcana posted:

I just sort of scanned my eyes over this in lieu of reading it and landed on "the testimony of females" and that was really all I needed to see.

(Seriously where the hell did this trend of referring to women as "females" come from, anyway?)

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Is there or was there ever a best of Craigslist thread? My town is boring right now and it's too hit-or-miss to look in other locations for some strange. If there is no thread, I wish someone would be inspired because I love this crap.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ah yes, all those times I've referred to adults as adults have just gotten them mad at me

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh those Hu-mons and their Fee-males.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

He's describing something that has literally never happened.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Betty is off her meds. I tried scrolling down her page to see older stuff but she appears to post things every two minutes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I had no idea Mexico had such a magnificent wall near Guatamala. Maybe we should take some tips from our neighbors to the south. If it's good enough for Mexico it's good enough for America.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My favorite part of the Mexico/Guatemala border fence picture is that it's actually the US/Mexico border.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

My favorite part of the Mexico/Guatemala border fence picture is that it's actually the US/Mexico border.

I normally like pointing stuff like that out to the offender, but Betty looks like she'll burst an aneurysm if pressed on the issue :catstare:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Bast Relief posted:

Is there or was there ever a best of Craigslist thread? My town is boring right now and it's too hit-or-miss to look in other locations for some strange. If there is no thread, I wish someone would be inspired because I love this crap.

There used to be, but it died a while back. Someone with more material than me should make a new one.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Betty looks like she'll burst an aneurysm if pressed on the issue :catstare:

You say this like it's a bad thing

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

I normally like pointing stuff like that out to the offender, but Betty looks like she'll burst an aneurysm if pressed on the issue :catstare:

I think she posts ALL her stuff to the public. Lots of comments on all her posts and I didn't notice her replying to any of them.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Bast Relief posted:

I can make one later tonight. That sounds good.

E: okay we have a Craigslist thread now, please fill it with Craigslist bullshit TYVM

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Mar 22, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Who is this lady?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Betty is off her meds.

Can you remove these images, or censor her name? Anyone not posting on a public page shouldn't really be exposed, especially if they are "off their meds." Goons are lovely sometimes, and people (like the poster above me) are already asking about this persons identity. No offense to the person above me!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

Can you remove these images, or censor her name? Anyone not posting on a public page shouldn't really be exposed, especially if they are "off their meds." Goons are lovely sometimes, and people (like the poster above me) are already asking about this persons identity. No offense to the person above me!

All of the posts she's made are public and on public pages, you can see the little "world" symbol in the top right. On top of that, she has a public Facebook page. (Also I'm pretty sure "off her meds" might be a joke about how she's a racist, bigoted nutbag, but don't quote me on all these newfangled things kids say.)

E for niceness

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Mar 22, 2016

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Hidden anti-SJW in Hearthstone? Card name: Black Knight

So as you all know, Hearthstone is one of the most popular video games in the world atm, and as a medium can be considered mainstream because of it.

They have a card called The Black Knight in this game:

Now let me explain why this card is so anti-SJW. Not only is it called the black knight, but it's effect is to instantly kill a minion that protects others when it is played. These 'taunt' minions that protect others have a big shield around them to signify this. So basically he kills white knights.

Now of course there are numerous ways to think about this in another way, and because the game developer isn't stupid they would always support pro-left views in public. But I love how a little RP always leaks through.

Does robocop mean something bad now?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's the new word for skeleton.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I am now super dissapointed that "robocop" hasn't become the real MRA term.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Scarf posted:

It's mainly the dumb loving faces he makes in every single picture I see of him.

He has nice teeth, I'll give him that.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Dr_Amazing posted:

How do you get Mexico to pay for the wall, actually it's pretty easy you tax their exports into this country. You people have no idea of the
North American Union obviously, nor the bankster Elites like Soros,
Rothshild, Kissinger, Rockefeller and their goal of global domination or
as they like to call it a New World Order and how both sides of the
political establishment just play us off against one another. It's easy
to find many establishment candidates on both sides talking of it as
well as the above mentioned names. You couldn't tell what propaganda
was if it smacked you right upside the face. Trump doesn't talk about
hating anyone, that is media propaganda and he has stated many times
that people should come into this country legally and it is a threat to
our security to allow all these illegals in. So like most of the
left(and right for that matter) you care nothing about the law or this
nations sovereignty. You have no idea about inflation and devaluation
of the dollar ever since the Central Banking system was put in place and
the corporations that have grown up around it just as our forefathers
warned us of. You like to say that we scream hate and ignorance when
it's your side that promotes it along with killing anyone that doesn't
think like you do. They have you so hook, lined, and sinkered as this
nation is about to fight amongst itself and you don't even truly know
why. We don't fear you, we just won't stoop to your sad levels, and our
intelligence is obviously superior as we have seen this coming for
several years now. "Ignorance is Bliss" and you all fun with that. Not that I trust Trump either to note...but I know the rest are sell-outs for sure.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

That's an interesting headline.
Am I the only one getting a mental picture of Bernie Sanders standing at the border fence holding a miniature Pope and hitting Trump around the head with it while saying "Bad Trump, bad! No! Naughty Trump!"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EvilGenius posted:

I'm sorry to reinforce our subforums new title, but it's both a shedding of material/waste/blood as well as a replenishing of the lining. I think someone put it best when they described the uterus as an overenthusiastic friend that paints one of the rooms in your house to look like a nursery once a month and when it realizes its mistake, sets the room on fire.

:eng101:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

cash crab posted:

I'm sorry to reinforce our subforums new title, but it's both a shedding of material/waste/blood as well as a replenishing of the lining. I think someone put it best when they described the uterus as an overenthusiastic friend that paints one of the rooms in your house to look like a nursery once a month and when it realizes its mistake, sets the room on fire.

:eng101:
that's a good way of describing periods. i'll steal that if I have to explain them to people in future.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

Someone needs to inform those people that all mammals menstruate, not just humans.

Not all mammals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstruation_(mammal)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

I censor names when it is someone I am friends with or a friend of a friend.

Sometimes I like to look into the maw of madness and look at public posts of things that are trending. :smith:

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

EvilGenius posted:

No, a period is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus. Ovulation, when the egg drops into the uterus, happens a few days before the period. The inner lining swells up full of a bunch of extra blood to make it easier for a fertilized egg to implant. When you don't get pregnant it decides to flush it all out. It's like if you predrink a bunch before a party then the party gets cancelled, so you spend 5 days punching the poo poo out of yourself to make sure you puke it all out. Long story short the human body is a piece of poo poo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Hidden anti-SJW in Hearthstone? Card name: Black Knight

So as you all know, Hearthstone is one of the most popular video games in the world atm, and as a medium can be considered mainstream because of it.

They have a card called The Black Knight in this game:

Now let me explain why this card is so anti-SJW. Not only is it called the black knight, but it's effect is to instantly kill a minion that protects others when it is played. These 'taunt' minions that protect others have a big shield around them to signify this. So basically he kills white knights.

Now of course there are numerous ways to think about this in another way, and because the game developer isn't stupid they would always support pro-left views in public. But I love how a little RP always leaks through.

This was a wild ride until I remembered that SA's robocop filter had replaced my skeleton filter. I was scrambling to try and connect this to actual robocop.

Also i want to pelt all trumpsters with ever growing ironicats.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Who What Now posted:

He's describing something that has literally never happened.

Happened to me a couple times back in high school. Girls got upset for being called girls because thats what you called little kids, but women were old ladies. I compensated by calling them by their actual names :shrug:

ofc, even when it happened I realized its just because high school aged kids are all abject morons, and always will be.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's why I stick to a really greasy and drawn out "Llllllaaaaaaddddiiiiiieeeezzzzzz."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Aramek posted:

That's why I stick to a really greasy and drawn out "Llllllaaaaaaddddiiiiiieeeezzzzzz."

Walk in Frank-style, "which one of you whooores want to see my MAGNUM DOONG"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RFC2324 posted:

Happened to me a couple times back in high school. Girls got upset for being called girls because thats what you called little kids, but women were old ladies. I compensated by calling them by their actual names :shrug:

ofc, even when it happened I realized its just because high school aged kids are all abject morons, and always will be.

Like you said, nothing someone still in primary education says or does counts for anything, so I stand by my statement. :colbert:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Who What Now posted:

Like you said, nothing someone still in primary education says or does counts for anything, so I stand by my statement. :colbert:

I rather expect the person posting that was still in primary school, or first couple years of college, otherwise they wouldn't think that adults had a problem with 'woman'.

And I feel we should probably extend the idiot level into at least part of college. It takes a couple years of the real world to beat the stupidity out of a person.

\/\/\/\/ Pretty much. Is stupid thing that doesn't happen with adults. I just was bothered by 'It LITERALLY never happens.' It just figuratively never happens.

RFC2324 has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Ah, so the places where this happens are: tumblr, highschools, and strawman arguments. Boy this seems to be a real epidemic, I'm sure we'll start seeing this wielded as a rough club to tone police arguments like starving children in Africa, the homeless, are troopz, etc.