Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

They could never do this in the US, because they would have to stop on every lap to have the car searched by the TSA before being allowed to proceed onto the airport side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

The Locator posted:

They could never do this in the US, because they would have to stop on every lap to have the car searched by the TSA before being allowed to proceed onto the airport side.

But that is in the US... In Florida, to be exact.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

MetaJew posted:

Hush you.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MetaJew posted:

Jokes? ...I don't know any jokes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

The Locator posted:

the proper joke in reference to American sportscar racing is that they can't go through the airport because the DEA* will snag them

*the IRS is also acceptable to use here

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
thats a sweet course. Except that they used the airport, meaning there arnt many high rise residential buildings people could watch from. Which is kind of the point I think of having a street circuit.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

naw see this way they can charge more people for admission

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I just figured out the fingers are the pistons, goddamnit

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Unexpected sighting today

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Is that the 2017 Fusion?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

El Scotch posted:

Is that the 2017 Fusion?
:golfclap:

In all seriousness, nice!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

eyebeem posted:

What, eyebeem in Palm Desert? They just got Mclaren at Desert European.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

El Jebus posted:

What, eyebeem in Palm Desert? They just got Mclaren at Desert European.

I have a house in North Indio. I was in town this weekend for Paribas.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

Airport tracks own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQaUfrbgguM&t=380s

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Sigma X posted:

Jokes? ...I don't know any jokes.

It was a 50/50 between it being a joke, and The Locator actually thinking it was in Russia or something.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

MetaJew posted:

It was a 50/50 between it being a joke, and The Locator actually thinking it was in Russia or something.

I could be completely wrong, but I would think that if it was in Russia at least a few of the signs around the track would be in Cyrillic instead of English. :v:

Edit: Also, I'm bad at jokes.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

eyebeem posted:

The NSX media drive (that I did not get invited to which still makes me sad) was in Palm Desert, but that was about a month ago. Maybe the cars are still there?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
The new NSX is a mega frumpy looking car for Bay Area tech managers that has no business being called an NSX. :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Boring run of the mill "modern sports car" styling with boring uninteresting paint.. hope it has a spot for golf clubs because heading to the local course is the harshest driving those cars will ever see.

It really looks like they picked random bits from Audi, Lexus and the Veyron and decided to slap an NSX badge on it so they could claim it's "back" and get a bunch of nostalgia sales.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If it's a flop the owners will have the last laugh. *cough*XJ220*cough*

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I'm hoping to drive it later this summer so I'll let you know. The guys I know who have driven it liked it, but from a technology POV I think I prefer the cheaper i8.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

*settles into armchair*

They forgot what made the original NSX the wonderful machine it continues to be.

*leaves armchair to find biscuits*

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'd take an i8 or an r8 over the new nsx any day.

The photo was taken yesterday, so the cars are definetely still in town. I assumed they were there for the Paribas to grab some of the well healed in attendance.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

El Scotch posted:

*settles into armchair*

They forgot what made the original NSX the wonderful machine it continues to be.

*leaves armchair to find biscuits*

Although I agree with your point, the design briefs for both cars were to build a state of the art sports car. In the late 80s that meant lightweight construction and a beautiful naturally aspirated engine. In 2015 it meant a hybrid like the P1/LaFerrari/918.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The fun fact about the new NSX is that with the money it'll cost to buy one, you can buy two old NSXs and drive the tits off one without feeling bad because you have a spare...

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Or track down an NSX-R.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Or that, yeah. Either way if you have the coin for a new one and are whining about it, go buy an old one??

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yep.. the old ones look better, are cheaper, and function as submarines in a pinch.

What's not to like?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

xzzy posted:

Boring run of the mill "modern sports car" styling with boring uninteresting paint.. hope it has a spot for golf clubs because heading to the local course is the harshest driving those cars will ever see.

It really looks like they picked random bits from Audi, Lexus and the Veyron and decided to slap an NSX badge on it so they could claim it's "back" and get a bunch of nostalgia sales.

Reading this on my phone I thought they WERE audis.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I dunno why they bother tbh, Corvettes seem like they are gonna win every sportscar race from now until the end of time

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

VikingSkull posted:

I dunno why they bother tbh, Corvettes seem like they are gonna win every sportscar race from now until the end of time

Yeah pretty much.
Except what If I want two cams above my cylinders and a rev limit above 8k

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

well idk if they'd fit in a corvette but they do in fact make dohc heads for ls motors. flat plane creaks, too

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah pretty much.

You can buy a low mileage 1990 zr1 for under 20k now. Not sure what the official redline was. Take out the original extra thin windshield before you drive it those things are becoming gold.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Enourmo posted:

well idk if they'd fit in a corvette but they do in fact make dohc heads for ls motors. flat plane creaks, too

http://www.mercuryracing.com/sema-2015/

Doesn't look like it'd fit in a Corvette.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah pretty much.

You can easily make an LSx spin 9k. LS7 valve trains are stable till about 7800 stock. Sleeve an LS block, open to 4.185, custom 3" stroke, Al or Ti rods, Ti valves, shaft rockers, solid roller cam, spin past 9k all day long. Probably make north of 700bhp.

Still just a single cam, but you were just joking anyway so

Notax
May 14, 2014

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502479

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That zombie hunting permit is expired anyways. What the hell good is it going to do him in the ~zombie apocalypse~.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

The undead and reanimated warden is gonna bust him good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notax
May 14, 2014

You don't understand. This van has the front seats pulled out of an Infinity