Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it weird that it bugs me that it's v and not vs? Like, it looks like Batman is suing Superman.
Well, neither side represents the criminal justice system, so it has to be a civil matter, doesn't it? In which case v is the correct one to use as far as I know. Apparently omitting the period after the v is a British thing, and in the British (and related) court systems the v can be pronounced as both "against" and "and", which puts a spin on things that a vs. couldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: Suck 'em in With the Title Edition

(Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

The batsignal looks like someone laid a brick across a spotlight.

Chubby Bat.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

2: Bad Neighbours

Also when is Efron's big break coming, it seems he's ready to do something good but just can't stop playing in the same poo poo he always does.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can't figure out whether Zefron has really bad judgement or just a really bad agent. Because he does seem surprisingly like he should've moved up.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

He really needs some McConaughey-type reinvention because he's actually good and it's painful to see him build another surprisingly well-played character in a dumb movie. But maybe he does what he really wants to do, his next releases are 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates' and the freaking 'Baywatch' so what the hell do I know.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 22, 2016

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
He was the best part of the first Neighbors.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I imagine he gets plenty of calls for really good roles in smaller movies where he'd be extremely underpaid because of budget constraints, but its easy to understand why he doesn't take them. McConaughey similarly had to get to a place in his career where he didn't care about money anymore so he could start taking roles like Killer Joe and Mud.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

This is even somehow then it was a teen sex comedy about group sex.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Palpek posted:

Also when is Efron's big break coming, it seems he's ready to do something good but just can't stop playing in the same poo poo he always does.

I couldn't agree more. Even though he became famous outside of my radar, he's been great in everything I've seen him in.

Him and Seaweed are the best parts of Hairspray.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Inzombiac posted:

I couldn't agree more. Even though he became famous outside of my radar, he's been great in everything I've seen him in.

Him and Seaweed are the best parts of Hairspray.
It's legit crazy how good he played in 17 again. It's just another lovely teenage body-swap movie with freaking Chandler in it but for some reason he delivers legit great acting in it that the target audience probably didn't need anyway. It feels that he's so eager to play and puts much effort into it but then it goes to waste on a mediocre movie. Maybe he has some draconian contract with Disney. I just hope that when he finally becomes too old to play a teenager he'll get that break and not peter out.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Guys, a good Batman movie is coming:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
How much u think the designers got 4 making that poster?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Palpek posted:

I'm extremely happy because it's been confirmed that this is Will Arnett Lego Movie Batman and not boring played straight Lego DC Batman.

Also Zach Galifanakis is playing the Joker.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm extremely happy because it's been confirmed that this is Will Arnett Lego Movie Batman and not boring played straight Lego DC Batman.

Also Zach Galifanakis is playing the Joker.

I hope when they first introduce him it's between two ferns.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

not boring played straight Lego DC Batman.

That exists?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hat Thoughts posted:

That exists?

Probably the one from the Lego Batman 2 & 3 games (they were mute in the first game).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There have been several direct-to-video movies based on the Lego DC Superheroes line, particularly the Justice League.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys will be happy to hear that once again Zac Efron is the best part of Mike and Dave, which incidentally has a very funny red band coming.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love how fluidly Batman can be reinterpreted that there are two distinct versions of him in Lego form. It's absurd.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hat Thoughts posted:

How much u think the designers got 4 making that poster?

Why do you type like an rear end in a top hat now?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Palpek posted:

First try!

Batman was my favorite part of the Lego movie. This is good news.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Wendell posted:

Why do you type like an rear end in a top hat now?

"now"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

kiimo posted:

You guys will be happy to hear that once again Zac Efron is the best part of Mike and Dave, which incidentally has a very funny red band coming.

They played a trailer for this before Deadpool and if audience reaction is anything to go by, this movie will be a big hit, at least by comedy standards.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Palpek posted:

I feel like Efron is going to get cast in a comic book movie or some franchise eventually and he'll take off.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are Phil Lord and Chris Miller working on that? That makes a huge impact on how much initial excitement I have for this movie that we don't have a trailer for yet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Are Phil Lord and Chris Miller working on that? That makes a huge impact on how much initial excitement I have for this movie that we don't have a trailer for yet

They're producing and Chris McKay, the animation co-director on TLM is directing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yikes Batman Vs. Superman reviews are in.

...ouch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Predictabowl.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

kiimo posted:

Yikes Batman Vs. Superman reviews are in.

...ouch.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

computer parts posted:

I hope when they first introduce him it's between two ferns.

Poison Ivy cameo confirmed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I would read RT if it was like this.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

lmao what's this from

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

lmao what's this from

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

Currently sitting at 39%

Even the positive reviews have poo poo to say about the movie...

quote:

It hurtles not with the kinetic momentum of Mad Max: Fury Road nor the comparatively spry skip of a Marvel movie, but with an operatic grandeur it sometimes earns and often doesn't.

quote:

If Justice, with its sluggish script, isn't quite the jaw-dropping eye-popper it should be, that's okay. The cast is unimpeachable.

Edit: Okay, that screenshot is not from Rotten Tomatoes but it's close enough :mmmsmug:

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 23, 2016

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Look closer

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

uhhhhhhhhh

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
No I mean whatever humor page has this fake and hilariously british rottentomatoes page

cntrl+f'd the rotten tomatoes page for filton fizzlewick JUST to be sure

man he's cunted this one right up the arsepipe

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Palpek posted:

Saw the trailer for this at an advance screening of BvS last night

it was better in every way than the main feature

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They should have made Lego Batman v Superman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable