Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Regarding that treasure chest map, I want to run around and use some of my keys up - does anybody know if the chests respawn relatively quickly/do I have to fight with other players to open them first etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hmm I think I've figured it out. I can teleport around, float, shoot dark energy projectiles, spin at people to gently caress em up.

The sorcerer is M. Bison.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
It took me a minute to figure out why the guy was hanging back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NHizslgkm4

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That's glorious

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

gently caress the ROW posted:

Regarding that treasure chest map, I want to run around and use some of my keys up - does anybody know if the chests respawn relatively quickly/do I have to fight with other players to open them first etc?

I rarely ever find them and when I have they've been tucked away and no other players around. So I doubt you'll see much competition.

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003
Does a dialog pop up when opening a treasure chest? I don't know if I've ever had a key be consumed and loot given by the five or so I have ever randomly found.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

yo give it to me berg I can help you with internet

No no its a good one I'm going to save it for later

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I think they respawn every in-game day, so every 4 hours aka a long rear end time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
finally bothered to get heating skilled so now I can make all the accessories for my fishing boat

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

When you guy's afk fish are you throwing away trash or just taking everything into inventory?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kaedric posted:

When you guy's afk fish are you throwing away trash or just taking everything into inventory?

I pitch trash. I have no clue if that chucks keys or not (I think not) but gently caress it, I'm swimming in keys anyways.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Kaedric posted:

Throw away trash unless you're actively doing the trash dailies. At this point I might trash my keys too because there's no way I'm never going to use them all

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Sanguinaire posted:

Does a dialog pop up when opening a treasure chest? I don't know if I've ever had a key be consumed and loot given by the five or so I have ever randomly found.

Every time I've opened one I have no idea what it did and have to scrounge around my inventory trying to figure out what's new. Usually I just get crappy xp bonus scrolls for my silver keys. I've only been afk fishing for a couple days and I've got 30 silver keys so I imagine a lot of people are just sitting on hundreds.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i got an armor blackstone once

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Bonapartisan posted:

It took me a minute to figure out why the guy was hanging back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NHizslgkm4

The manpile at Red Nose the other day was nuts. Great opportunity to go full red in an instant.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Probad posted:

I did the world boss Red Nose as a casually geared Valkyrie yesterday, and no it was not better than that Berserker description. All of his attacks could kill me straight through block.

Also had my first sweet pvp duel yesterday when I stopped to invite someone to a party and his over-geared sorceress guildmate flagged up and two-shot me from behind.

:rip:

I'm going to have to level up a new class aren't I?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chewbot posted:

Every time I've opened one I have no idea what it did and have to scrounge around my inventory trying to figure out what's new. Usually I just get crappy xp bonus scrolls for my silver keys. I've only been afk fishing for a couple days and I've got 30 silver keys so I imagine a lot of people are just sitting on hundreds.
I've gone to open 40 crates once, and got exactly 20 armour blackstones.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

kalstrams posted:

Well maybe I'll have to go do a tour soon.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

kalstrams posted:

That ain't bad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yea, that was fairly nice. Russian say that it's an armour stone each second crate, but that doesn't match up with someone's experiences from Mumble. Either way, get out and cash it your keys some day.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I finally forced myself to row out to the Velia hotspot and fish there for a while. Yep, just fillin' my whole inventory with yellow fish.
Kind of ridiculous really.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

A little trick I use to monitor what I get for chests is having a chat channel that only shows system messages, just click over to it before opening the chest and it'll tell you what you looted. I open the same two chests every day in Hexe Sanctuary and 90% of the time I get an armor stone. I'm fairly certain those two are guaranteed to drop an XP and luck scroll too, using silver keys that is.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Found a good guide about the Weapon Stone quests from the Ultimate Basteer Weapon. Of particular note is that apparently there is a similar chain for Armor Stones that lets you trade in a +5 Dobart for a +5 of any other set (Heve comes to mind as it's impossible to find on the market)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/52453-guide-to-blackstone-quests/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://fish.desert.black/en/mt/c/2.html

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It was then that they realized they would have to take their fishing game to the next level.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

i'm the small PC button

Mayne
Mar 22, 2008

To crooked eyes truth may wear a wry face.
Does anyone have a guest pass? Me and my GF want to try this game but none of our friends play this and we'd like to try before we buy it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

LooKMaN posted:

Does anyone have a guest pass? Me and my GF want to try this game but none of our friends play this and we'd like to try before we buy it.

There is a PGS thread for this but they get snatched up pretty quickly.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

LooKMaN posted:

Here's two:

Code 1 : 0A2A-DA22-3B97-45C2-AF4F
Code 2 : 0E53-E90C-D9C5-4252-8E0A

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

Wilekat posted:

Life skill outfit enchanting - are the odds the same as enchanting accessories, since they follow the same rules? The higher enchanted versions seem really good!

I finally got my Silver Embroidered Crafting Clothes up to +1 with 7 fail stacks. That's by no means a guarantee but that was after failing for the last few days.

Godspeed

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

johnsonrod posted:

I finally got my Silver Embroidered Crafting Clothes up to +1 with 7 fail stacks. That's by no means a guarantee but that was after failing for the last few days.

Godspeed

I want a +2 badly, but I'm so scared.
You can only produce the drat things so fast.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I can AFK fish if I am sitting near the computer and I move the mouse every once and again, but if I leave it for a while, I come back to a lost-connection message and an Explorer crash. Anyone else having this (weird) issue?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

atholbrose posted:

I can AFK fish if I am sitting near the computer and I move the mouse every once and again, but if I leave it for a while, I come back to a lost-connection message and an Explorer crash. Anyone else having this (weird) issue?

It varies wildly for me, I don't get the explorer crash but for the first solid week I stayed connected the whole time. Now some nights I lose connection seemingly a few minutes into fishing or a few hours. I pretty much always stay connected when I'm at work during the day though.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You're houses have bad internet

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
ive been playing this game for seven hours straight

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

LegalPad posted:

I want a +2 badly, but I'm so scared.
You can only produce the drat things so fast.

Does smashing two +1s together give you a better chance than a normal and a +1?

I just got my +1 fishing outfit, got pretty lucky. Read somewhere they recommended a failstack of at least 10 to try for the +2 version.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

drat the world is huge

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

ioneye posted:

drat daum the world is huge

You see because....

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

atholbrose posted:

Check your power settings and disable any sleep or hibernate settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

You're houses have bad internet

u lookin to start a war pal? :toughguy: