Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Why does esea disable ff? It's so weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Up Circle posted:

Originally was to protect peoples RWS. Basically so you couldn't cap the defuser and snag the RWS at the end of the round.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Up Circle posted:

Accoding to a post by an ESEA admin you apparently you can't trust 5 strangers to behave themselves in a scrim. Somehow matchmaking manages, but I guess the special snowflakes on 3rd party clients just can't deal?

I think no-ff is stupid and breeds bad habits and it shows the few times I play mm and someone on my team stabs me in the back while running out of spawn or I burst a friendly in the head on goonmans

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

muh goonmans

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
Speaking of goonmans, I've been trying to get into the group for a hot minute and I haven't had any luck. Chats always empty and the few goons I have on my friends list can't/won't add me to the group.

Solo-q for life. :sigh:

Edit: it'd help if I posted my profile, so here you go

Delicious Meat fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 22, 2016

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Can't they just make tks penalize rws more than you could gain from tking for extra points

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
See that would just make too much sense to work.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

there's a lot of team damage in mm, give me awp pls and then proceeds to glock you in the head repeatedly if he isn't the center of the universe. I'd rather it was off just to neuter the effectiveness of being a giant baby

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Markeloff showing that there's hope for all AWPers out there and has reformed himself into an okay rifler hallelujah.

I hope flipside makes it out of groups at Columbus. Their group is the most uhh volatile with them, mouse, luminosity and NiP so they have a chance.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Up Circle posted:

Can't they just make tks penalize rws more than you could gain from tking for extra points

The issue is if you get a legit troll, they won't care, and your RWS will still look like poo poo. Not to mention that if you get an FF kill on accident with that formula you'd have to lose more than 45 points on the round, which effectively means that you will need 5 kills in winning rounds to make up for it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The only way I would accept FF being on with Faceit or ESEA would be if it had a hard limit that kicked and banned people who team attacked. Both sites are like, super permissive of griefing. There's really no punishment for it, outside an admin handed down ban or negative karma. And you can continue to play even with negative karma, which is pretty hard to actually achieve without being literally hitler.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think hitler would be excellent to pug with actually.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Jeza posted:

The only way I would accept FF being on with Faceit or ESEA would be if it had a hard limit that kicked and banned people who team attacked. Both sites are like, super permissive of griefing. There's really no punishment for it, outside an admin handed down ban or negative karma. And you can continue to play even with negative karma, which is pretty hard to actually achieve without being literally hitler.

Yeah you get garbage day'd at -100 for only 1 month.

No FF in esea is absolutely the better choice.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Friendly fire is actually on for scrims/10 man's/league for all those services. So there's that if you really want it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Each few days I look at the mission I have active and I think to myself "huh, why haven't I done this yet?" And then I queue into casual and I remember why.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I jumped into missions at non-peak hours when hopefully I could get into a nearly-empty server so I could do the scout and famas/galil missions on Tulip. Was able to get them done nice and quick thanks to bots and helped a few people get some missions done by telling the rest of the bots to standby while I fed the guy on the other team kills one by one.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Casual matches are so ridiculously depressing it's unreal. If it was unranked 5v5 then it would at least tolerable, but no we have to play this worthless game mode purely as a formality for getting the gold coin.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I caught this little nugget of wisdom before I muted comms earlier. "Casual is so much competitive than MM"

I nearly got vote kicked because I typed out "hey guys, remember, voice_enable 0" :allears:

\/ I don't play with friends. I'm a sadist :qq:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 23, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

I caught this little nugget of wisdom before I muted comms earlier. "Casual is so much competitive than MM"

I nearly got vote kicked because I typed out "hey guys, remember, voice_enable 0" :allears:

voice_enable is old news, cl_mute_all_but_friends_and_party is the best new command introduced. It only works in non-competitive too so you don't have to remember to disable it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

qhat posted:

Casual matches are so ridiculously depressing it's unreal. If it was unranked 5v5 then it would at least tolerable, but no we have to play this worthless game mode purely as a formality for getting the gold coin.

Also, there's always THAT ONE GUY, you know that guy, he camps and makes the round take the full loving time every loving time.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

matchmaking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtgQCZAc1vA

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
4 adreN stickers + new AWP that dropped for me + "Decoy Grenade" nametag = best $4 I've ever spent

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kwilty posted:

Originally was to protect peoples RWS. Basically so you couldn't cap the defuser and snag the RWS at the end of the round.

RWS is a good system :jerkbag:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

on the plus side, casual makes you remember just how steep the learning curve is, and how you are at the very least slightly above average compared to these animals :kimchi:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Until you get killed (repeatedly) by the same guy using an AK and firing at full movement :negative:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh wow :stare: This operation is being very nice to me.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

you @ cs:go

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

nftyw posted:

Oh wow :stare: This operation is being very nice to me.

Weekly operation drops across two accounts and the most expensive drop I got was worth 30 cents lol

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

qhat posted:

Also ESEA Rank S, so this is basically a Faceit killer

more like a GPU killer from all the bitcoins they're gonna farm off of you

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Love Stole the Day posted:

more like a GPU killer from all the bitcoins they're gonna farm off of you

https://soundcloud.com/luna-was-here/whoa-nice-meme

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Had an interesting night in casual trying to farm for a fake gold coin.

First server 2/3 hackers I assume. Becuase they kept posting in chat where to buy hacks and had the 'clan tag' as the same website. Bought Negevs and just started shooting me as soon as the round started. 1 would shoot he'd start to reload and the other would shoot. This means you can't move. Okay gently caress this poo poo. Disconnect. Try again. Oh guess what same server.

Was working on the use an enemy's gun and get X kills. Was in a map with 3 other people 2v2 + bots is awesome to get this going. Had gotten about 10 kills for the mission. It's close to finishing the game. Kill 4 people, can't find the last guy/ want to save the rifle to continue on my mission/ fail to plant. Guy vote kicks me after round finish. What a cock sucker.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

sterster posted:

Guy vote kicks me after round finish. What a cock sucker.

I had some people do this to me a week or so ago when I was on the mission to get 5 bomb plants/defuses in stupid demolition mode. I had 3 or 4 in that match and had finished the requirement but then it didn't count thanks to the idiots on my team. Really love how mission progress doesn't count unless you finish the match. They were even nice enough to kick me on what would have been the final round if we won so as to maximize my wasted time.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Just do the co op missions and gently caress everything that involves grinding kills with bad weapons in DM

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

sterster posted:

Had an interesting night in casual trying to farm for a fake gold coin.

First server 2/3 hackers I assume. Becuase they kept posting in chat where to buy hacks and had the 'clan tag' as the same website. Bought Negevs and just started shooting me as soon as the round started. 1 would shoot he'd start to reload and the other would shoot. This means you can't move. Okay gently caress this poo poo. Disconnect. Try again. Oh guess what same server.

Was working on the use an enemy's gun and get X kills. Was in a map with 3 other people 2v2 + bots is awesome to get this going. Had gotten about 10 kills for the mission. It's close to finishing the game. Kill 4 people, can't find the last guy/ want to save the rifle to continue on my mission/ fail to plant. Guy vote kicks me after round finish. What a cock sucker.

I need to hit you up for some of the co-op missions

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

This is the first op I bought and doing coop missions with a friend is fun as hell. Some of them are bullshit but that at least adds to the challenge. I wish I could do the older challenges :(

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I bought the operation and haven't done a single mission.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I did all the deathmatch missions.. not touching the russian pit of despair that is casual

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I bought the operation and haven't done a single mission.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Doing the coop Phoenix compound ones on hard mode is pretty fun. The problem is doing all the trash missions to unlock then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Threat's NiP might just be my new favorite team.