Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Why do you just post random gifs sometimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Because we like it

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
still cant host lobbies, still dont get flags or bars in searches

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Servers are back up

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

It used to be that tabs posting Devil May Cry gifs was like the "hey this argument sucks so here's some cool gifs to make the thread better" signal, but now I think it's a compulsion.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

still cant host lobbies, still dont get flags or bars in searches

Have you tried that thing where you play on a different profile? Does that even work?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
He is like GameQuoter on that DMC poo poo though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Brosnan posted:

He is like GameQuoter on that DMC poo poo though.

i miss gamequoter

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

everyone misses gamequoter

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
tabs is the thread mascot

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

if someone reported tabs for image posting can you please link the report so we can shame they rear end?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is there some way to tell what R Mika's support character is going to do and when she's going to do it? Because sometimes Mika goes V-trigger and what's her face is immediately coming in with the drop kick, and sometimes it takes like 5 seconds and she drops in from above.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is there some way to tell what R Mika's support character is going to do and when she's going to do it? Because sometimes Mika goes V-trigger and what's her face is immediately coming in with the drop kick, and sometimes it takes like 5 seconds and she drops in from above.

the direction you hold on the stick matters

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

the direction you hold on the stick matters

Other end.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
If Mika poses after the activation it's delayed. The rest is unknown to you

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I've been playing Chun and sometimes Nash will teleport behind me with his v trigger, and my back+hp will hit him when he's behind my back. Is that a cool thing that's supposed to happen or is this something that'll get patched out?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

zelah posted:

I've been playing Chun and sometimes Nash will teleport behind me with his v trigger, and my back+hp will hit him when he's behind my back. Is that a cool thing that's supposed to happen or is this something that'll get patched out?

It's a cool and good interaction of hitboxes though the Nash player probably doesn't think so

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

It's a cool and good interaction of hitboxes though the Nash player probably doesn't think so

idgi, her hitbox is definitely in front of her on b.hp though?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

idgi, her hitbox is definitely in front of her on b.hp though?

Nash stuck out something such that his hurtbox overlapped with your hitbox and either
1) his own hitbox hadn't come out yet (you hit it during startup)
or
2) his own hitbox was positioned such that it didn't overlap with your own hurtbox (his hitbox sucks)

e: I don't actually play this game but I think I remember reading that some hurtboxes extend before the hitbox appears and if so 1) is way more likely

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I guess if he had a hurtbox that extended through her body before it became active

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/C91-4HP-6

This low looks like it would be under her hitbox, otherwise it fits the bill:
http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/A4B-2HK-6

Maybe he's doing something like
http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/A4B-5MK-7

Or (lol)
http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/A4B-5HK-8

I don't play Nash so I don't know. But I think this is scientific evidence that you are cheap and dishonorable and probably tick throw too

e:
eww look at this:
http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/A4B-SPININGBACK-13
Not sure if that will reach her hitbox on the other side of her body though

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/A4B-SIDEKNEE-3

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 23, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

if someone reported tabs for image posting can you please link the report so we can shame they rear end?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
If Nash uses f+HP after using his ground v-trigger, then he deserves to lose his v-meter and take damage for it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got cammys instant dive to trigger pretty consistantly but only ex and man is it finnicky

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmn8bMD8uc

Interview with infiltration, tokido, and sonicfox

Ten Things You Might Not Know About SFV
[insert image of some body horror]

- Infiltration and Tokido are going to NCR, SonicFox has school :(
- Tokido was scouting Zangief, Dhalsim and FANG because they don't have any good players in Japan
- Tokido thinks Ryu is top tier
- Tokido loses to Haitani in long sets
- Heitani's seismo is bad for ryu because on a trade ryu is knocked down and necalli gets v guage (all three of tokido, infiltration, and sonicfox do the seismo motion as tokido is explaining)
- Infiltration scared of Mika players, Tokido of fchamp
- Tokido realized they don't really have any good ken's either and name dropped Chris T, Brent, Julio. He says they are going to learn how to make a "new strategies" for ken, even though they ran a murk train on brentiscool in the tourney
- Infiltration says he doesn't have any pocket characters, Tokido doesn't believe him

Trigger warnings for this thread:
- All three think the game is very fun because it's "very fast". Tokido says it's "Like Virtua fighter, Tekken" :mrgw:
- When asked for defining features, all three said "shimmy" was fundamental to the game. Tokido might have said "simmy" 3-4 times but he meant shimmy. Infiltration attributes it to the fast dashes
- All three said "gently caress you something awful" and simultaneously flipped off the camera

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 23, 2016

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

- When asked for defining features, all three said "shimmy" was fundamental to the game. Tokido might have said "simmy" 3-4 times but he meant shimmy.

Why don't people like the word "shimmy," anyway? It's a good word. It's a fun thing to say and a fun thing to do.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Sarchasm posted:

Why don't people like the word "shimmy," anyway? It's a good word. It's a fun thing to say and a fun thing to do.

Because we didn't need a new word for "baiting throw"

It's the same reason we roll our eyes at "microstep" and, a few years back, when Smash players used words like "lag" and "camping"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's not new though

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Infiltration and Tokido said it like 18 times, it's canon now

I think people get mad because some people act like the game invented it, since it wasn't effective in sf4, yeah

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 23, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, as far as I'm concerned "shimmy" was a SF4 term, a technique invented by Lord Gootecks (buy his book), so I'm only upset at people not referring to it by its full name The Gootecks Shimmy.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I remember the Gootecks Shimmy fondly.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

inthesto posted:

Because we didn't need a new word for "baiting throw"

It's the same reason we roll our eyes at "microstep" and, a few years back, when Smash players used words like "lag" and "camping"

I think you mean micro-walk

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

nanoshimmy

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

After three trades of seismo and hadouken, Necalli will have 30 less health than ryu, but will be one seismo or hadouken away from vtrigger while ryu will have less than half full v gauge

Also "gauge" is a weird word. Gauge. Gauge. Gauuuge.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Don't know why you guys got such a boner over micro-what have you, its been the terminology for NRS games since mk9.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
At least micro-x's aren't mandatory for some combo extensions like anime games.

That's always a nightmare online and those characters nearly always have a 6x input on the same button you need that would not at all be a good replacement.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
As Ryu, if a Necalli jumps in on me and does the little 3 hit combo that ends with him stomping, what do I punish that with?

Ditto with his charge attack, I block it a lot but every time I try to hit back he's always blocking again.

Are those two moves safe? They seem like they shouldn't be.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Stefan Prodan posted:

As Ryu, if a Necalli jumps in on me and does the little 3 hit combo that ends with him stomping, what do I punish that with?

Ditto with his charge attack, I block it a lot but every time I try to hit back he's always blocking again.

Why are you letting him jump in?

Slash is 100% punishable

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

Try some of these out

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/207938/ryus-punishes-after-block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Goodpart posted:

Why are you letting him jump in?

Slash is 100% punishable

Because I'm bad and sometimes I block instead of always being able to DP fast enough, or I'm recovering from a move he thinks is unsafe but it isn't so I get to block but not DP fast enough

I think? I don't remember what happened exactly but that's probably it, it's just me playing a friend who is also bad