Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

ioneye posted:

drat the world is huge

I really want to go to that desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Chewbot posted:

Does smashing two +1s together give you a better chance than a normal and a +1?

I just got my +1 fishing outfit, got pretty lucky. Read somewhere they recommended a failstack of at least 10 to try for the +2 version.

I went from 0 to +2 my first try and tried +3 without fail stacks. 7 mil later I got my +1. Don't do it.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I really hope to see screenshots of musket adventures.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ioneye posted:

drat the world is huge

I KNEW we were in the southern hemesphere.

I wanna go into the desert and those snowy mountains. I bet dwarves live there.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

YOTC posted:

I really hope to see screenshots of musket adventures.

There's a dude in Velia who will rent you a musket to shoot seagulls with for 2 contribution. It's neat.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grondoth posted:

I KNEW we were in the southern hemesphere.

I wanna go into the desert and those snowy mountains. I bet dwarves live there.
This is what has been implemented so far - (n)ow, (M)ediah, and (V)alencia.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Oh yeah, I know. Thanks for marking it out for me, though. I wasn't too sure where Mediah starts compared to Valencia, cause they're both east. I just wanna get up in that snow's business.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Friends, GoonTang has realized the power of matchlocks.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
What are you guys doing with those? Do they cause a knockdown in PvP?

For below: I imagine that's content they have planned, so look at it like a preview of what is(to the east) and what could be(to the south and north) to come.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 23, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

kalstrams posted:

what about the south continent and all the islands in the north

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ioneye posted:

what about the south continent and all the islands in the north

I think the one's with the nodes on map are all it is for Valencia II, with big sea expansion promised for Valencia III.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
"Expect a major expansion at the end of this month" - Daum tells BDO Radio

:woop::woop:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Good, I feel like the barrier to Mediah is really arbitrary unless you know what it is. From the maps, Valencia is a much more natural "oh I can't get there" border that'll make moving around in the eastern edges of things feel better. That's also a quick turnaround!
Unless I'm blowing it out of proportion for myself and it's actually something like node warfare. Which would be good, and major!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grondoth posted:

Good, I feel like the barrier to Mediah is really arbitrary unless you know what it is. From the maps, Valencia is a much more natural "oh I can't get there" border that'll make moving around in the eastern edges of things feel better. That's also a quick turnaround!
Unless I'm blowing it out of proportion for myself and it's actually something like node warfare. Which would be good, and major!
No way it's Mediah so early, there barely are players that won't die to mobs in there.

Edit: Whoa, there is 8 hour maintenance coming in an hour and a half, and it is scheduled to end right when my seminar ends. Nice!

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 23, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Help I am torn between future naruto Ninja and future waifu Blockunoichi

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The amity minigame makes me want to kill myself. Honestly, every time I find out that I have to engage in this activity to do something, I feel like logging off right then and there. I hate this bullshit, it is so bad and so unbalanced with a complete reliance on RNG. You're an awful merchant / tradesman if you sell your "friends" special armor only to take that stock away from them unless they loving bore you some more by talking to you repeatedly about the same dicks he did 5 minutes ago.
It's all chance. Why the gently caress would I want to personally sabotage my own conversation? Who are these devs and how do they think real life relationships work? Why would I walk up to someone, look them in their stupid face, and speak with the explicit message of boring the absolute gently caress out of them!?
I have 6-nodes and you want me to fail 5 of them, so I fill them with characters with under 10% chance to succeed, they ALL succeed somehow, and I get over 800 "favor"... But when I need the favor I get +6 amity per conversation. And it all costs energy! Energy that I have to use to access so many features in this game. I must churn loving butter!
My fix:
How about a card game (Witcher 3, Gwent anyone?). Something that's engaging and developed, because amity and all the cool poo poo that's locked away behind the minigame is making me want to binge 2% vitamin D enriched milk until I drown in my own phlegm.
Please just get rid of this amity minigame bullshit and let me just roll dice repeatedly or alternatively have to bring the NPC a specific item until they love me.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

kalstrams posted:

The amity minigame makes me want to kill myself. Honestly, every time I find out that I have to engage in this activity to do something, I feel like logging off right then and there. I hate this bullshit, it is so bad and so unbalanced with a complete reliance on RNG. You're an awful merchant / tradesman if you sell your "friends" special armor only to take that stock away from them unless they loving bore you some more by talking to you repeatedly about the same dicks he did 5 minutes ago.
It's all chance. Why the gently caress would I want to personally sabotage my own conversation? Who are these devs and how do they think real life relationships work? Why would I walk up to someone, look them in their stupid face, and speak with the explicit message of boring the absolute gently caress out of them!?
I have 6-nodes and you want me to fail 5 of them, so I fill them with characters with under 10% chance to succeed, they ALL succeed somehow, and I get over 800 "favor"... But when I need the favor I get +6 amity per conversation. And it all costs energy! Energy that I have to use to access so many features in this game. I must churn loving butter!
My fix:
How about a card game (Witcher 3, Gwent anyone?). Something that's engaging and developed, because amity and all the cool poo poo that's locked away behind the minigame is making me want to binge 2% vitamin D enriched milk until I drown in my own phlegm.
Please just get rid of this amity minigame bullshit and let me just roll dice repeatedly or alternatively have to bring the NPC a specific item until they love me.

Hello friend are you perhaps not used to chinagame.exe (1.0/2.0 or now 3.0)?

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
RE: complaint generator.

I'm Bernie Sanders and have some real issues with The 1%.
I have no issue with this when it comes to normal players, as they work their asses off.
But when constantly..I just sadly can't earn a living wage and it is completely game breaking for me :/ gently caress, I was so excited for this game. I was so hyped about the American Dream but with the tax loopholes, it's just gamebreaking. I spent money on the base game I don't understand why I'm being punished for not dropping another £30 on a pretty necessary exploitive economic item..In a free market economy game. No matter how skilled I am, if I'm against someone with too much money I am at a disadvantage

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:lol:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i actually do hate the amity minigame

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

You just pick the ones with the biggest numbers. It's painfully easy.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

that doesn't make it fun though

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The amity minigame is for people who care entirely too much about how much a fake video game NPC likes them.

There are probably people who are obsessed with making the loli girl trader NPC in that munchkin people village like them and oh god I need to drench my brain in turpentine.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

randombattle posted:

this is true in newbie town but stops being true once you are out of newbie town

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

The secret to the amity game is having the dank zodiac sign which is Black Dragon. Ronatz(Yuria weapons dealer, only NPC worth talking to) is also a black dragon and you get an insane bonus for matching horoscopes. I can get 600-800 amity every time I talk to him.

Good luck talking to literally anyone else though.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I'm getting the 'failed to read the launcher version' crap (and I've deleted version.dat) right now, and the forums where there's some recent post on it.. are down. I assume that's the maintenance, so that people can't poo poo up the forums while the game is down. Anyone else getting the version crap, or know what to do, or do I need to ride out this unknown maintenance (since idk when it's running until and the forum is down :)

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

yeah i'm getting the same error. i even did a really hosed up thing and restarted my computer.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The whole everything is down for planned maintenance. Just download a fresh copy of the launcher if you have to and point it at your current install folder when everything is back up.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: :ducksiren: :frogsiren: EVERYTHING IS DOWN :siren: :ducksiren: :frogsiren:

Please take a nap, masturbate, step outside for a few moments in a fleeting attempt to be a normal human.

What time are the servers coming back up @? I need to know if I should bother leaving work early or not :shobon:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

17:00 CET, 3 hours 36 minutes from now.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Stanley Pain posted:

:siren: :ducksiren: :frogsiren: EVERYTHING IS DOWN :siren: :ducksiren: :frogsiren:

Please take a nap, masturbate, step outside for a few moments in a fleeting attempt to be a normal human.

What time are the servers coming back up @? I need to know if I should bother leaving work early or not :shobon:

Seriously, wanted to set my workers to do poo poo while i was working but NOPE,.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Guess I'll work for a living.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

randombattle posted:

There are actually people that you can't really gain amity with during conversation and have to do F1 waving at them for a couple hundred energy. Even matching zodiacs have real difficulty and are better off waving on alts.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Amity is easy and I don't even understand how card abilities work.
  • Cards have two stats: Success and Points. Game even does the math for you in the second section.
  • You need success for points, but those points don't count unless you fill the Conditions.
  • Combos multiply your points.
  • I think success also gives a bonus to next roll, so you want to start with your worst cards for the Fail X condition
  • All other conditions basically read "Get High Point Combos"

Jackard fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 23, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao why do their forums go down during maintenance?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Jackard posted:

Amity is easy and I don't even understand how card abilities work.
  • Cards have two stats: Success and Points. Game even does the math for you in the second section.
  • You need success for points, but those points don't count unless you fill the Conditions.
  • Combos give bonus points.
  • I think success also gives a bonus to next roll, so you want to start with your worst cards for the Fail X Condition
So there are some high success cards that have poo poo for points, and you probably don't want to use these unless you really need the combo.

Like I get how amity works and all and even with that you realize that this is a really poo poo summary, right? Imagine going up to someone and reading them this post to get them to understand how to play the minigame.

Really the problem with the amity game is that either
1) it's easy, just tedious (having to woo Ronatz 10x in a row after a bout of leveling your yuria - just let me get on with my failures in peace, game)
2) it's very hard just based on the topics they want to talk about, even if you understand how the amity game works

But to make this post more useful, the other day I realized that if you use a topic that has a bonus effect (after x turns...) then that effect should still apply even if that person fails to spark interest. For some reason I assumed they would have to spark interest before the skill worked.

e: their forums are down because they said they were hoping to upgrade their network infrastructure or some poo poo like that. I dunno it was in their patch post

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Drythe posted:

Ok so the amity minigame is a cluster gently caress

The NPC has two levels, interest and favor.

Interest the higher it is, the harder it is to get a success

Favor the high it is the harder it is to get any favor points, which determines how much amity you get.

Your topics have the same to levels also. Before you try to get a calculator out to figure out what your chances are, in the middle of the topic has the percentage you have of getting a success, and the favor range on a success.

There is also a 'win condition' in the top right, do what it says to actually get amity. If it says fail once or some poo poo like that, put your worst dude in front. I've found that high percentage topics can affect the topics that come after, as I have had a lot of trouble getting my 2% guy to fail when I need him to after putting him behind a 100%

At the core this is all there is to it, get high favor with high percentages. Now onto some more nuanced poo poo.

Combos
Some topics have combos, and they will say poo poo like 'After 5 turns, reduce Favor level by 5 for 2 turns'

This means that when that NPC is visited I'll say, on the minigame it starts it's combo. After 5 more topics, the NPC will have his favor decreased by 5. What this means is that your topics that are being affected by the combo now can generate more favor as the NPC's is lower. So you can do poo poo like stack combo bonuses and hit them with a ton in the last few stages.

Combos are denoted by a blue line between the initiating topic and the one's they will affect.

Continued interaction
After you succeed the topic at the top right you have the option to continue, up to three times. Each time you get slightly more amity and get a new win condition. If you fail the condition, you will lose any amity you might have gotten from the previous stages. So you are gambling on whether or not you can keep satisfying those conditions, most of the time it's not that hard. Remember that the energy needed to start a new minigame goes up as their amity gets higher.

Total Accumulated Favor Win Condition - Put your highest percentage and highest favor dudes in front, this is because their values get compounded on for every success thereafter and having them in front makes it real easy to get the total favor needed.

Total Favor Level - Aim for high percentages, as failures gently caress this up. I'm unclear how this is actually calculated, I just know the order hasn't ever affected much and that failures screw me over a lot.

This is at least how I understand it. I assume you are reading this poo poo post because you didn't want to click the link at the bottom of the OP.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

lmao why do their forums go down during maintenance?
They specifically said this maintenance everything will go down, they are working on network connectivity improvements.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It's like I've made posts about some frequently asked questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

It's like I've made posts about some frequently asked questions
Sorry, I'm in an insofar disastrous seminar.