Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hermetic posted:

So is raging at someone and telling them they're bad for having a different opinion about the best way to play Wizard Football.

Nah, I was legit surprised that there was so much rage from what feels like a chill community over me saying "Hey, this group of people seems like more fun to play league with."

I'm no puppet master, just a guy glad that if I make people mad, they're insufferable people.

i dont think anyone here is actually raging on you

they are, however, confronting you about your original post and a lot of them made me laugh cause the replies were very witty!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Oh boy repeating what you said. You sure showed me. Keep doing it and I'll totally cry. That'll make it all worthwhile.

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

i dont think anyone here is actually raging on you

they are, however, confronting you about your original post and a lot of them made me laugh cause the replies were very witty!!!!

Nah, they seem legit mad, which still baffles me.

If they were witty to you, you're in luck, however. There's a site called "reddit" that's full of stuff equally witty and hilarious.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 23, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why is it that someone in this thread has to have a total loving meltdown at least once a week, jesus christ.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So how long before the kappa salt spam?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Holy poo poo can Hermetic and everyone else please just loving move on?

Let us discuss the best and in fact only good champion in the game, Lee Sin. Also, are there chests etc on EU yet?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Shortest Path posted:

Why is it that someone in this thread has to have a total loving meltdown at least once a week, jesus christ.

It usually seems to be people who rarely post otherwise, or have just started posting/playing.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

some people just aren't cut out for the rough and tumble world of esports

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Radical posted:

some people just aren't cut out for the rough and tumble world of esports

hosed up but true.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I haven't seen Nid Jungle in a while so I'm surprised it got butcher'd so hard.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

It's very good in the right hands at the pro level, and I think that's a big part of the reason it's getting hit so hard.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tired Moritz posted:

I was only watching LCS with one eye this weekend, but I seem to recall a lot of people mentioning her as a power pick in 6.4. If so, this was a super-fast response to it.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Primetime posted:

So on top of drawing the population of dynamic queue players who 1. Dont play with friends and 2. Are so competitive they think having one duo queue on their team is a huge setback, we add back the trolly "mid or feed" last pick champ select as well?
No, that is in fact the exact opposite of what he said.

Tired Moritz posted:

Half the people I saw picking it (on my team) didn't even know the reset/root tricks to make her work anyway. What this means is the nerf won't change her jungle viability for most low level players, but they'll see she was nerfed and stop picking her. Rest in piss.

Hermetic posted:

I was only watching LCS with one eye this weekend, but I seem to recall a lot of people mentioning her as a power pick in 6.4. If so, this was a super-fast response to it.
She has been a jungle power pick for all of 2016, and was high-tier for most of last year.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Killed By Death posted:

She has been a jungle power pick for all of 2016, and was high-tier for most of last year.

She's always pretty high up there, but every patch it seems that there's one or two junglers that you have to pick/ban. She rotated up to that this patch, I mean.

Sorry if that wasn't clear before.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nidalee is one of the most obnoxious champions in the game so her getting dumpstered is totally fine.

bike appreciator
Mar 19, 2011

I just wanted to say I love dynamic queue. Since it's come out I've made way more e-friends with other people's premades and we go on to play 3/4/5 mans and it's a grand time. I'm having much more fun with League now that dynamic queue is out because the game is now way more social and I don't have to abandon my roommates because we have 3/4 people and we want to play "srs" ranked games.

I can understand how it may be a problem for the highest echelons of play but for 99% of the player base I think it's an improvement.

Also regarding the Nidalee nerfs...what are you supposed to do with her now? Can she still jungle without the root? Or is she going to become a ho-hum laner?

vvvv and gently caress Yi. I know Shyv and Udyr have better statistical performance but something about Yi's absurdity when fed just upsets me so much.

bike appreciator fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 23, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Shortest Path posted:

Nidalee is one of the most obnoxious champions in the game so her getting dumpstered is totally fine.

Same and yi and udyr and shyv are all annoying when unkillable and damagey

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
is asol out yet

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Kashuno posted:

is asol out yet

My guess is next week, since this week they've gotta hype the patch.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Primetime posted:

So on top of drawing the population of dynamic queue players who 1. Dont play with friends and 2. Are so competitive they think having one duo queue on their team is a huge setback, we add back the trolly "mid or feed" last pick champ select as well?

They should put in solo queue just to watch it implode/have half the player base get banned

You've somehow misinterpreted every single word I typed, that's genuinely impressive.

New Champion Select =/= Dynamic Queue.
New Champion Select + Dynamic Queue is our current ranked situation.
New Champion Select + Solo Queue is the thing people want.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Don't poo poo talk other people in the thread unless you are going to absolutely bury them with one post and then walk away from the earth you just scorched. If you gotta go back and forth with "nu uh you did" for six or seven posts you make everyone dumber for having read what you wrote.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Have you considered doing tier rankings for posters in this thread based on the number of sick burns they've delivered vs engagement rate and assists from other popular posters because I would be interested in that information.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Libertine posted:

Don't poo poo talk other people in the thread unless you are going to absolutely bury them with one post and then walk away from the earth you just scorched. If you gotta go back and forth with "nu uh you did" for six or seven posts you make everyone dumber for having read what you wrote.

nuh uh

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Aerox posted:

Have you considered doing tier rankings for posters in this thread based on the number of sick burns they've delivered vs engagement rate and assists from other popular posters because I would be interested in that information.

Don't forget ban rate

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Everyone ready to start banning Kha'zix?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Herbotron posted:

Everyone ready to start banning Kha'zix?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Hermetic posted:

Man, I got a lot of manbabies super mad by liking something they don't like. This makes me very happy.

Impotence fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 23, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Please jesus bring this to live.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Please be real PLEASE

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

No way is that real, Lyte is way too afraid of people trying to bully feeders out of games to avoid losses

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

If you can only do this in the first 5 minutes or so then you really cannot abuse this.

Lol also still have the best feature that Dota outright declines to have and that is a surrender button.

Bholder fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 23, 2016

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bholder posted:

If you can only do this in the first 5 minutes or so then you really cannot abuse this.
Is that a challenge

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I like that HOTS doesn't have a surrender option, I think LOL would be vastly improved without one. Way too many people in this game bitch up a storm when the team won't surrender because they lost lane.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Libertine posted:

I like that HOTS doesn't have a surrender option, I think LOL would be vastly improved without one. Way too many people in this game bitch up a storm when the team won't surrender because they lost lane.

please no

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Libertine posted:

It works for hots, but it helps a lot that hots has guaranteed win conditions on a lot of maps thanks to objectives. You can theoretically win a lot of maps without attacking a single tower and just abusing objectives (e.g. the temple, pirate map, etc).

With league you can just take all towers and drag a game out for 40 minutes until the enemy team gets full build and wins or your vayne gets her penta

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Libertine posted:

I like that HOTS doesn't have a surrender option, I think LOL would be vastly improved without one.

I despise you, and all your kind.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Vehement gently caress no

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

league actually has quite a few cases where surrendering is a much better option than continuing, it's just most dumbfucks that you end up playing with don't understand the best time to surrender or not surrender.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Surrendering is a positive if you look at it from the perspective of getting the most out of your time but most people are ragey idiot fucks so you often have situations with people throwing the game out the window at 20 mins because they lost lane or dragging a game out well past the time you actually lost because a couple nerds want to win at any cost.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Issue is not when one lane lost, it's when every single lane lost.

Or when it's 20 minutes in, the enemy team has 9 pristine untouched towers and the enemy team is dancing around baron while we are desperately trying to fight against multiple lanes of super minions there's barely anything you can do and frankly I would rather do anything else but to wait the game out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

I played with a Lucian today, who upon losing our first inhib at 19 minutes, about 10k gold down, says "Don't surrender guys, just play safe we have the late game"

Their team: Ahri, Vayne, Yasuo
Our team: Ekko, Lucian, Riven

:fuckoff:

• Locked thread