Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i think miyazaki also pulls from Jojos too? at least one of the characters in S1 is named Tarkus and he's a badass undead knight, although he's a huge rear end in a top hat and servant of evil

th ats pretty much the on ly thing but read/watch jojos anyway bec ause its badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

there's an anime series and movies too. I'll just read vol 1 tho

the anime doesnt have asm uch cool violence as the manga, and the modern movies are some cgi bullshit

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
watch jojo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
and when your done watching.. read some drat jojo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started reading it thinking that it was done but it was t

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never seen jojo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone linked a free version of the berserk manga in the games thread, so i'm reading that now

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

someone linked a free version of the berserk manga in the games thread, so i'm reading that now

apropos to nothing posted:

you can read the official dark horse translation for free here http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk
you can find the 1997 anime series on youtube pretty easily too but it only covers the very beginning of the series and then ends on prolly the biggest cliff hanger of all times

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

i think miyazaki also pulls from Jojos too? at least one of the characters in S1 is named Tarkus and he's a badass undead knight, although he's a huge rear end in a top hat and servant of evil

ahahaahaha look a t this nerd how doesn't know that jojo's and dark souls are referencing the classic emmerson lake and palmer album tarkus and the iconic album cover depicting an iron armadillo tank

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

mysterious loyall X posted:

ahahaahaha look a t this nerd how doesn't know that jojo's and dark souls are referencing the classic emmerson lake and palmer album tarkus and the iconic album cover depicting an iron armadillo tank
:eyepop:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

this is awesome lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am going to dearly miss posting here about Bloodborne after April 12th, the date my copy of Ratchet & Clank arrives

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I am going to dearly miss posting here about Bloodborne after April 12th, the date my copy of Dark Souls 3 arrives

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

beep by grandpa posted:

I am going to dearly miss posting here about Bloodborne after April 12th, the date my copy of Ratchet & Clank arrives

it's going to take a lot to dethrone bloodborne as the best game of all time, but i think DS3 will do it

22 days until sex

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
im not sure if im gonna buy ds3 on release yet. i got a ps4 like two months ago and dont feel finished on this game yet

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Since I started playing Bloodborne, I've noticed when I play bad games now I've had a very short fuse + have gotten extremely angry at bad controls...

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
its hard to play other games after playing a fromsoft game

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

glad I'm not the only one. after playing dark souls and bloodborne I don't know how I'm going to play anything else without thinking "man I wish there was a souls game set in this universe"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat it feels good to be a Souls fan.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Seriously, I look retarded trying to play Twilight Princess, trying to dodge enemies and poo poo.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Finished another Bloodborne playthrough with my Arcane character, and I've most of the way through yet another NG+ is Souls 2. I am now ready for Souls 3 and frankly I'm a little pissed I have to wait three weeks.

Pablo Gigante posted:

drat it feels good to be a Souls fan.

Hell yeah, man. Hell yeah.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Anybody got any build ideas? I'm on a jill-of-all-trades-except-bloodtinge character right now, next I'll probably do a critical path bloodtinge run. What else could I try?

pure arcane is scary 2 me :kiddo:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SciFiDownBeat posted:

pure arcane is scary 2 me :kiddo:

I set up to do this an ended up rolling and slashing through everything anyway. But the spells look cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's not really enough stats to go pure in something with Bloodborne really. I've always done a physical + magical mix like STR/ARC SKL/BLT etc. I absolutely love the moonlight greatsword move set so you could always give STR/ARC a spin

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You could always do a Kos parasite build

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I had a ton of fun with my Chikage/Bloodletter character. Blood weapons are bad rear end

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
bloodtinge/skill builds was the way this game was meant to be played

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whirligig / Tonitrus, w/ decent ARC investment would be real fun, imo

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjm5ApVTv8

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lol that's p good

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

Whirligig / Tonitrus, w/ decent ARC investment would be real fun, imo

str/arc and skl/blt are both pretty rewarding

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
skl/btinge is the canon build

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

It's 50 STR and Logarius wheel

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

str/btinge is the cannon build

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nicely done

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

scary ghost dog posted:

boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
am i supposed to be able
to buy ludwigs sword before ever encountering him? seems weird. also whats the insight threshhold to see the cool poo poo?