Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ashcans posted:

How likely is it that Mottom recognizes the Master Key on sight? If she does then surely she'll realize this is a big deal, but if its not actually immediately recognizable from other headthings people might have, she might just be seriously confused about who this obviously befuddled rear end in a top hat is in the face of her awesome power demonstration. Like you might expect the bowing wave of people to reveal some new badass who thinks he's better than groot, but having the reveal be a tribute who is clearly terrified is way off.

I think the shine in their heads is a big tipoff and one that Mottom has noticed. Hers is just twinkling a bit. Allison's is going off like the goddamn sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so if the seven demiurges each have one syllable of royalty, does that mean that Allison, being in possession of the master key, has all seven?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The keys have the Names of God. Each of the lesser keys only has one Name, the master key has all of them.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

paranoid randroid posted:

so if the seven demiurges each have one syllable of royalty, does that mean that Allison, being in possession of the master key, has all seven?

No, getting all the syllables is akin to enlightenment, and attaining that is why Zoss stepped down. There have been a lot of questions in that vein on the tumblr lately, is grab them but I'm phoneposting.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And who the gently caress is Zaid, anyway?

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Allison's boyfriend, seen in the very first few pages of the comic. I don't think he's named until after she comes back to Earth, though.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Cathair posted:

Allison's boyfriend, seen in the very first few pages of the comic. I don't think he's named until after she comes back to Earth, though.

Also seen here, in the possession of the demiurges, who all think he's supposed to be Zoss' heir. Except maybe for Incubus, who was talking to Allison in her dream and seems to be aware that she's the one with the master key.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Say Nothing posted:

Kind of a creep.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm wondering what it is that makes him the heir to such a vast power.
Zaid is an Arabic name, I'm not sure that's relevant to anything.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
20 bucks says Solomon's word is "I"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Say Nothing posted:

I'm wondering what it is that makes him the heir to such a vast power.
Zaid is an Arabic name, I'm not sure that's relevant to anything.

Zaid isn't the heir to poo poo. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Begemot posted:

Zaid isn't the heir to poo poo. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He could be Zoss's biological heir; the old king's world was never conquered so for all we know he could be from the distant past of Allison's earth. It would explain how the Seven hosed up the prophesy so Royally if their interpretation was partially true.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

the sanctioned words are "vinyl has a warmer sound"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

No, "I" is well known by all to be the one true name of God, which nobody but Zoss knows. (I love how this mythology plays with self-contradiction)

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

No, "I" is well known by all to be the one true name of God, which nobody but Zoss knows. (I love how this mythology plays with self-contradiction)

I'm betting on the other Words being Sephirot to go with Glory.

'Beauty' matched with Gog Agog, 'Severity' with Jagganoth, 'Eternity' with Jadis, ect.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Looks kinda wheel-shaped

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A big flaming stink posted:

Looks kinda wheel-shaped

According to Aesma, after she left the multiverse and beheld it personally.

Note, it's impossible to go outside the multiverse and observe it at all. Also she was wrong about the shape she saw anyway, because she's an idiot.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Roland Jones posted:

According to Aesma, after she left the multiverse and beheld it personally.

Note, it's impossible to go outside the multiverse and observe it at all. Also she was wrong about the shape she saw anyway, because she's an idiot.

No she did go outside the multiverse and was kinda right about the shape, but it was only wheel shaped from that one angle that she was looking from and she could have seen it properly if she hadn't just glanced at it (but she is an idiot).

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 24, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

team overhead smash posted:

No she did go outside the multiverse and was kinda right about the shape, but it was only wheel shaped from that one angle that she was looking from and she could have seen it properly if she hadn't just glanced at it (but she is an idiot).

That's the joke; it's impossible, and stated to be such in at least one place, but she did it anyway. She was also completely wrong about what she saw though, because she is dumb.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A sideway wheel is a tower. O is the same shape as I, depending on your perspective, therefore 1=0. Existence is a dream, which is why it is real.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Just go read the 32 Sermons36 Lessons of Vivec already, the entire cosmology of K6BD is lifted nearly wholesale from The Elder Scrolls.

And about time too. More things need to rip off TES.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 24, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Just go read the 32 Sermons of Vivec already, the entire cosmology of K6BD is lifted nearly wholesale from The Elder Scrolls.

yeah,

Sermon 21 posted:

Sermon Twenty-One
The Scripture of the Wheel,
Fifth:
'Look at the majesty sideways and all you see is the Tower, which our ancestors made idols from. Look at its center and all you see is the begotten hole, second serpent, womb-ready for the Right Reaching, exact and without enchantment.'
Sixth:
'The heart of the second serpent holds the secret triangular gate.'
Seventh:
'Look at the secret triangular gate sideways and you see the secret Tower.'
Eighth:
'The secret Tower within the Tower is the shape of the only name of God, I.'
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

also the origin of 'reach heaven through violence'

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Having caught up with the latest pages, I must wonder why Mottom looked so old while meeting the other demiurges and so young now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she has access to the best facial mask treatments in the universe when she isn't attending improptu godling meetings

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It may also be a continual and taxing application of her magic to look unlike the horrible lich thing that she is, and among equals there is no point putting on such airs because they already know her true nature anyways.

Sort of like the demigod equivalent of having resting bitchface but having to do fake TV smiles all day. Exhausting.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

She was hungry, had to eat some concubines to look fresh again.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

SunAndSpring posted:

K6BD Tumblr posted:

Anonymous asked:
Q: What, if anything, does 'YS ATUN VRAMA PRESH' mean when translated?

A: The Glory, The Tower, The Flame, The Diamond, The Blade, The Mind, The Beast

But that’s just one translation.

I'm going to guess those are the words.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Just go read the 32 Sermons36 Lessons of Vivec already, the entire cosmology of K6BD is lifted nearly wholesale from The Elder Scrolls.

I kinda want a K6BD mod for Morrowind now.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
So what do you guys think the April fools joke will be? Since it's coming back April 1st after all.

Either Allison dies outright or Allison goes Goku are my guesses.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

TheCIASentMe posted:

Either Allison dies outright or Allison goes Goku are my guesses.

From what I remember of Dragon Ball Z, one does not preclude the other.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

She has to lift up her hands and draw strength from all the Sailor Moon fans first.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I'd love it if the youthful look was her true appearance and wrinkled old crone was a glamour of some sort.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'm going to guess those are the words.

So, I was right in a way. Solomon has probably got the Tower, as it's mentioned in this page's text that “For there is no form or substance that does not have its roots in the TOWER, which is under assault from the EGO, that terrible enemy called I," and Solomon is definitely an egomaniac.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

SunAndSpring posted:

So, I was right in a way. Solomon has probably got the Tower, as it's mentioned in this page's text that “For there is no form or substance that does not have its roots in the TOWER, which is under assault from the EGO, that terrible enemy called I," and Solomon is definitely an egomaniac.

In what way is Solomon more egomaniacal than the rest of the Seven, aside from he's more smug and zen?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gally posted:

I'd love it if the youthful look was her true appearance and wrinkled old crone was a glamour of some sort.

"uh yeah guys, check it out, im so powerful its totally warping my appearance. can barely keep a lid on all this power. got literally nothing better to do than sink into decadence, im so untouchably mighty."

meanwhile back in her realm shes still getting carded for alcohol

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
would not be the man who cards her... because that would mean I did not recognize my glorious goddess

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

In what way is Solomon more egomaniacal than the rest of the Seven, aside from he's more smug and zen?

He embodies the sin of Pride which is false love of the self, the "I". Royalty is understanding that I AM AND I ARE ALL WE, that you are Yisun and Yisun is everyone else. Pride is failing to see beyond I AM; you fail to realize others are the same as you. Solomon knows he is great, but he doesn't get that he's just part of a greater whole, so while he's kind and benevolent to those who act as he would, he crushes those who do not.

Really, if I had to guess, each demiurge's sin is doing the exact opposite of what their word should teach them.

Of course, he could also fit in for The Diamond, assuming Diamonds are linked with perfection in K6BD much like they are in our world. Really, this is all speculation.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 24, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I assume Incubus will be the blade :awesome:

e/ I hope they are shuffled a bit from the most obvious interpretation though, if only so someone can do a double take when Jagganoth turns out to be the mind.

Really, the way this stuff works you could find justifications for anyone to be anything.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 24, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
FLAME is the first source of destruction, an all-consuming annihilator, but without FLAME, technology would not be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Glory: Mottom obv
Tower: Symbol of pride, conjures up image of the tower of babel which is especially prideful and also biblical like the name "Solomon David" so probably Solomon David
Beast: Symbol of wrath, probably Jagganoth who is also an actual beast
Mind: Jadis who has seen the true shape of the universe, whatever that means

The rest are stretching it a bit especially since we know barely anything about Mammon so far but I'm going to guess Blade=Incubus Flame=Gog-Agog and Diamond=Mammon