Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

The Shortest Path posted:

It occurred to me while on a long drive today that RWBY is basically Naruto with fancy weapons.

I don't believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
There is a distinct lack of filler and oxymoronic characters.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

EponymousMrYar posted:

There is a distinct lack of filler and oxymoronic characters.

Well, there was some filler in season 1 and some of the characters could be called oxymoronic.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything Season 3 is the filler, Rwby establishes itself from the start as one of those shows that's school hijinks with superpowers.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I mean more the general setting themes, not the show itself. Child soldier combat training with everyone having unique powersets and crazy weapon bullshit, each town having a battle school that sends its trainees to fight with each other in a tournament to show off their military power, etc.

It's not a great analogy but it just kind of fit and I thought it was weird.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I mean more the general setting themes, not the show itself. Child soldier combat training with everyone having unique powersets and crazy weapon bullshit, each town having a battle school that sends its trainees to fight with each other in a tournament to show off their military power, etc.

It's not a great analogy but it just kind of fit and I thought it was weird.

I bet it was an inspiration. The series is inspired heavily by anime in general and seems to have a bit of a shueshia comics vibe to the whole deal.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It's on record that Monty took inspiration from a lot of themes of Shonen anime (ex: Bleach, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece etc.)
So yeah, there's a lot of similarities there. I thought you were meaning Naruto specifically :v:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really really like the background setting of Naruto despite most of the rest of it being generally bad, so the similarities stick out :v:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I really really like the background setting of Naruto despite most of the rest of it being generally bad, so the similarities stick out :v:

Rwby also now has really stupid eye based powers and an inhereted Incredible power, seems to fit.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This artist is adorable.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Something about this drawing makes Penny look like a six year old girl. I don't get why.

Anyway, it's a pretty adorable comic.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I'm not sure why somebody strung together a bunch of cutscenes from a shovelware PS2 game, and I'm even less sure of why the gently caress it's on Netflix.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im gonna synchtube on sunday at some point, i haven;t decided how much I will synchtube

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do I have sunday off?

Yes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

will i stream the last two eps, or all of the eps, who knows, I don;t

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You will stream all of them

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I should know, but i cant, i wont

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I should know, but i cant, i wont

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okg7msfrtfk

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Do all the episodes!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We;re going to watch allof the RWBY tomorrow (sunday) at 9PM GMT.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Goddammit that's when I go to work

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I should be fine with that even though I'm going that night to see BVS

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Goddammit that's when I go to work

clocks go forward in the UK, so be careful wrt est

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah I work nights. It's possible I might be able to catch the first 30 mins ish but meh

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
I just want to say that the reason Cinder is so badly acted is because Monty had a fetish for cosplayers and hired one to do something other than cosplay. RWBY is a bad show.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

I just want to say that the reason Cinder is so badly acted is because Monty had a fetish for cosplayers and hired one to do something other than cosplay. RWBY is a bad show.

idgi how does that make her any different from the rest of the cast

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

To be fair, even experienced VAs would struggle with two years of nothing but finding different ways to say, "My planned plan is planfully going to plan just as planned."

Which I guess is Salem's line now.

Hooray.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Namtab posted:

Do you mean all of the latest series or all of RWBY.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The lot.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Namtab posted:

The lot.

This will be the day we've waited for.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I still don't think I can manage all of rwby at once. I'll probably come in near the end though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

InspectorCarbonara posted:

ALL OF IT

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

75 minutes remain, until all of the rwby

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

15 minutes remain, until all of the RWBY

https://io.synchtu.be:8443/r/hype_animes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

turns out there are 9 hours of RWBY, we probably won't be watching all of the RWBY

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The rise and fall of NAMTAB in three simple posts.

A modern day Greek Tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Namtab posted:

turns out there are 9 hours of RWBY, we probably won't be watching all of the RWBY
chicken

• Locked thread