Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

flatluigi posted:

Part of the many things wrong with the netcode is that the lag is one-sided (since it doesn't balance it between the players), so it's easily possible that some of the matches you've had that felt fine to you were actually unplayable for your opponent

Yeah probably some. Not that many though judging from how often I get my rear end handed to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

teagone posted:

I feel like even if you only hung out with Gootecks every six months, he'd still not offer to pay for anything and mooch off of you.

I seriously doubt it. He so desperately wants to be seen as successful and important that he'll break the bank to prove that his life is amazing constant fun. Plus once he blows up on you/tiny Korean child for looking behind the curtain/running into the camera, you don't feel as bad because he was always a dick.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I had Gooteks in my pools for FR. He seemed super frustrated and like he didn't want to be there. Admittedly from what I heard, he got sent to losers on BS but who knows. I spent that pool talking to GeoffTheHero who was a pretty chill dude.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Lothire posted:

I'm never one to kill the messenger, but stuff like this can get frustrating. "At some point maybe soon we will say *something regarding the future update."

*said something may not be important or helpful in any meaningful way, or it could be a loosely tied-in Alex trailer with release date.

By now they can drop the whole "thank you for your patience" line. Heard that enough during FFXIV 1.0 days.

For what it's worth, that appears to be the comedy Capcom UK site that posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiB3UFTH9CU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Are you sure? That twitter account is verified.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I'm sure there's no difference.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Regarding that bananaken video bebe posted earlier:
https://twitter.com/BananaKen/status/712551001719500804

So I guess you could use an instant overhead in there for funsies? He mentions Dhalsim's fierce but it seems like you could do things like Necalli's j.lp. Specials might not be possible post-patch, but normals should still be.

Also,
https://twitter.com/BananaKen/status/712558274562928640

edit: Also inonono replied to his tweet and said that 17lklp1 is optimal, as opposed to 171lklp

https://twitter.com/inoVSVSVSVSVSVS/status/712113658046746625

Also another video on the tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwBs2_R0Bs

Also, it's now called the Fuzzy Shimmy Meta, or Shizzy

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 24, 2016

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

looks like we'll hear about the update today

https://twitter.com/TheStreetWriter/status/713007075991953409

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I like how SNK is doing the whole promotion thing a lot better than Capcom.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/712953163792277504

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

It's a 3, because SFV is bad.

(probably gonna announce the patch for next week)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/713032634163716099

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The guy narrating the video sounds super psyched

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Apparently there's info here, but Capcom's website apparently can't handle the traffic lol.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/24/sfv-march-update---release-date-and-new-details

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Honestly is it worth me dropping £45+ on this game to play it on PC with a stick with Dinput or just stick with IV?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

"Ever wondered what a power bomb looks like in 3D?"

capcom dont even remember their own games lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yo, Alex is free for a limited amount of time.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Season pass people (all twenty of them, I imagine) get a free new stage, apparently.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

StabMasterArson posted:

Honestly is it worth me dropping £45+ on this game to play it on PC with a stick with Dinput or just stick with IV?

Realistically no one is going to be playing IV anymore, but you should wait and see if the patch announcement makes the game look any better as a package.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't know they were doing DLC stages, I wonder if both players have to own it to play on it

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Realistically no one is going to be playing IV anymore, but you should wait and see if the patch announcement makes the game look any better as a package.

Challenge mode doesn't really do anything for me, are they supposed to be adding arcade mode at some point? Going from 40+ characters to like, 14 is a bit off putting too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Things of note from the newspost:

- Zenny Shop still not ready to launch, so no real money purchases right now. No ETA on that either (lol).

- To make up for it, Alex is gonna be free for a limited amount of time, for everyone. That ends when they implement the Zenny Shop.

- Also we get Chun's and Ryu's story mode costumes for free til the 30th.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
So everyone is going to get hot Ryu?

Where is goggles Cammy capcom

Also remove the option selects

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

So everyone is going to get hot Ryu?
No, Alpha Ryu

i imagine hot chun/ryu and googles cammy are gonna be zenny costumes

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't know they were doing DLC stages, I wonder if both players have to own it to play on it
I would bet 10000000000 fight money that the 'exclusive stages' will be nighttime waterfall and daytime chateau kanzooky

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wait, I misread it, it's both Ryu and Chun's story costumes for free AFTER the 30th.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

You can get the game for £25 if you shop around. Doesn't answer your question, but it's also not £45.

InnercityGriot posted:

Apparently there's info here, but Capcom's website apparently can't handle the traffic lol.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/24/sfv-march-update---release-date-and-new-details

Full text of this, for people who can't get the page to load:

quote:

Hey everyone!

We have some exciting news to share today: the long awaited March update that contains Alex will be releasing next week in two separate drops. Hit the jump for more details!

The first drop will take place on March 28 (MON) and contains the following content:

Challenge Mode
Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.

Online Rematch Option
Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.

Battle Lounge Improvements
Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.

The second drop will take place on March 30 (WED) at 10AM PT and contains the following content:

Alex + related character story content

In-Game Shop
Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).

One feature that will not be making it into the March update will be the Zenny (real money) functionality of the in-game shop. We have taken a long hard look at this part of the store, and after much review, have decided it is not ready to launch just yet. As Zenny is purchased with real money, we wanted to be extra careful and make sure it’s fully tested and optimized before launching it. There is currently no ETA on the Zenny store and we will release it as soon as it’s ready.

We realize that this causes an inconvenience to fans who want to purchase the DLC characters, such as Alex, but do not have enough Fight Money or own the Season Pass. To address this, we will be making Alex available for free as a trial period to all players, until the Zenny shop launches. This also will apply to any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching. Once the Zenny shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters that released prior to the Zenny shop opening will end, and players will need to either use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access those characters.

Any DLC character related content (such as costumes) that is purchased with Fight Money during the trial period will remain in your account once the trial period ends, but you’ll need to purchase Alex to use that content. The same goes for colors and character progress, etc. that are earned during the trial period; everything will be saved, you’ll just need to purchase the character to resume your progress once the trial period ends.

As a special bonus to our Season Pass users, they will be the only ones who will be able to access the premium costumes of the DLC characters until the Zenny shop launches, and they also get to keep character access once the free trial period ends. Additionally, we will be giving all Season Pass users a free, brand new stage in the near future!

Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well.
This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character.

Thank you for continuing to support Street Fighter V and we promise that the game will continue to improve from here on out. More new updates, fixes and support for other pressing issues like rage quitters are in the works and we hope to have more information to share soon.

I'm happy with free copChun, personally.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i'm so happy i get to be officer chun and save my fight money

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

How bad do you have to gently caress things up to not have your Real Money Shop up and running a month after release, from a business perspective shouldn't that be, like, priority #1

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dias posted:

Things of note from the newspost:

- Zenny Shop still not ready to launch, so no real money purchases right now. No ETA on that either (lol).

The way they're talking about it makes it sound like multiple characters will have been released by the time it's ready which is kind of weird

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Hmm no mention of colors for fight money. :ninja: I need some of those hard colors :ninja:

e: vvv oh i see it in the video now, thx

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 24, 2016

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Hmm no mention of colors for fight money. :ninja: I need some of those hard colors :ninja:
it's an option right there on the fight money shop

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

The way they're talking about it kinda makes it sound like multiple characters will have been released by the time it's ready which is kind of weird

Well, they're releasing a new character per month, so if it takes them over a month to get the real money backend stuff sorted, Guile will also be out by then (and thus will also be free to play until they get the real money stuff in).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cat Machine posted:

How bad do you have to gently caress things up to not have your Real Money Shop up and running a month after release, from a business perspective shouldn't that be, like, priority #1

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/05/capcom-misspell-their-own-name/

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
It's a pretty big fuckup financially on their part to not have the shop ready for real money, but if it means free trials for the first two, maybe three characters, that'd be fine by me.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

No, Alpha Ryu

i imagine hot chun/ryu and googles cammy are gonna be zenny costumes

I am likely going to spend the cash on the goggles cammy, because man do I love that costume.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
They're also adding daily challenges for online modes right? Are those in this update?

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

huh. March update is weird. Pretty much everything they've shown should've been in day 1, and so will everything else they add in the future.

The way they describe it as FREE DLC reminds me of what they did with Monster Hunter 4U. Except, instead of unlocking quests/armor already on the cart, they are incorporating game modes/features and labeling that as FREE DLC.

It looks like they will be banking on the strategy of incorporating things you wanted in the first place as updates and calling that free. I'm not expecting monthly updates for this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did monthly updates that include things like arcade mode, online training, REAL story mode (already announced for June/July I think?), and the ability to rebind keyboard buttons on the PC version.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Lmao that they have to delay the cash shop. Things are even more hosed up than I thought. Its cool theres also no info about directinput, rollback, or input lag in that posting.

Edit the two day buffer between patch drop and alex launch seems laughably optimistic at this point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Colorspray posted:

huh. March update is weird. Pretty much everything they've shown should've been in day 1, and so will everything else they add in the future.

The way they describe it as FREE DLC reminds me of what they did with Monster Hunter 4U. Except, instead of unlocking quests/armor already on the cart, they are incorporating game modes/features and labeling that as FREE DLC.

It looks like they will be banking on the strategy of incorporating things you wanted in the first place as updates and calling that free. I'm not expecting monthly updates for this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did monthly updates that include things like arcade mode, online training, REAL story mode (already announced for June/July I think?), and the ability to rebind keyboard buttons on the PC version.

Not to defend Capcom, but they're referring to the feature updates as just that, updates. It's not misleading, it's them putting in stuff that was missing from the game. Also yeah, your last paragraph is a given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Colorspray posted:

It reminds me of Marvel Heroes launch in so many ways. It finally got on track months later and rebranded itself. I don't care what they say, if they don't relaunch in a year with a dlc bundle edition and new branding they are fools

Marvel heroes was fun as hell for a while though