Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i wonder how much closer to death ono looks now that the timing on the patch p much confirms that everything is on fire and they're rushing to get content done

in the sf5 launch message he already looked like he was in a steamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnEjfwDBHOg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Street Fighter V will be have a F2P offering within a year I think

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Dias posted:

Not to defend Capcom, but they're referring to the feature updates as just that, updates. It's not misleading, it's them putting in stuff that was missing from the game. Also yeah, your last paragraph is a given.

It was in this video, capcom uk rep refers to the update as a FREE DLC PACKAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuEusHHnVcs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

i wonder how much closer to death ono looks now that the timing on the patch p much confirms that everything is on fire and they're rushing to get content done

in the sf5 launch message he already looked like he was in a steamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnEjfwDBHOg

Keits and Combofiend will have to prop up Ono's corpse, Weekend at Bernie's style, during his next public announcement.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

Not to defend Capcom, but they're referring to the feature updates as just that, updates. It's not misleading, it's them putting in stuff that was missing from the game. Also yeah, your last paragraph is a given.

That Capcom UK video did call the update a 'free DLC package', though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

Street Fighter V will be have a F2P offering within a year I think

Has there been a F2P model for fighting games that hasn't been garbage yet

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I know they wanted a nice bump in their end of year reports but I wonder how much better the game would've been received if Capcom released it in March or at least went with a digital only Feb early access release.

Help Im Alive posted:

They really should've gone for a Tekken/SoulCalibur style character customisation system to maximise F2P cash. People love hats and pretty dresses and would probably pay for it.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 24, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, it is free downloadable content. I don't think they're trying to pass it as a magnanimous gift or using it as a marketing strategy. That's the free costumes and Alex trial.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Was KI that bad, I heard most people were pretty satisfied with it, at least for a first attempt in the fighting game genre.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

croutonZA posted:

They really should've gone for a Tekken/SoulCalibur style character customisation system to maximise F2P cash. People love hats and pretty dresses and would probably pay for it.

I'm telling you, crates or randomized card things with random bullshit inside of them is like the crack cocaine of gaming. Give us some random skinner box thing for grinding matches and you'll have people playing insane hours while also simultaneously hating themselves. Its win win win

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
No loving way sf5 will ever be free 2 play get loving real i mean come on are u high on goofballs

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm telling you, crates or randomized card things with random bullshit inside of them is like the crack cocaine of gaming. Give us some random skinner box thing for grinding matches and you'll have people playing insane hours while also simultaneously hating themselves. Its win win win
NEW DROP for the Weekly Update:
Gold Tier members now have a 1% chance to unlock a PARRY ADVANTAGE card during matches (PA allows for an randomized, instant PARRY of a normal).

Bronze Tier have an Updrop of 15% for HEALTH REGEN cards!!!

This Week's UNLOCKED RETRO FIGHTER is Necro! You have 7 days to complete his training/challenge modes for additional FIGHT MONEY. Go for broke!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm not gonna lie, going 3-3 in Arena sucks but I feel a bit better when I get to open my courtesy pack.

Also I pick mains based on their pretty dresses so there.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Are the 8-player lobbies like Skullgirls and Xrd (good) or are they like the lobbies in USF4 (poo poo).

Because I really don't want them making lobbies where you have 6 people watching and waiting, while only 2 people actually do anything. It's lovely when you have full lobbies in Xrd and everyone just crowds around one cab.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Are the 8-player lobbies like Skullgirls and Xrd (good) or are they like the lobbies in USF4 (poo poo).

I don't know for sure but in the video they put out today it sounds very much like the latter.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I want a new stage without having to buy the season pass for it. I mean like, how will that even play online? Will people who don't own it still end up fighting on the new stage online if someone else owns it? Will it be purchasable on the store with MY FIGHT MONEEEEEY? I need answers Capcom.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

man nurse posted:

I want a new stage without having to buy the season pass for it. I mean like, how will that even play online? Will people who don't own it still end up fighting on the new stage online if someone else owns it? Will it be purchasable on the store with MY FIGHT MONEEEEEY? I need answers Capcom.

I'm expecting you can fight on it but can't select it. Isn't that how the Kazuki estate worked when they were testing the unlock thing during the betas? I know it did that for me.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

man nurse posted:

What's the chances this stage is just a variation of the existing ones? Like Kanzuki Estate during the day or something.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

croutonZA posted:

What's the chances this stage is just a variation of the existing ones? Like Kanzuki Estate during the day or something.

Highly likely.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FanaticalMilk posted:

Highly likely.

It's gonna be a black version of the Training Room.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess the way to make the most money from DLC stages would be remakes of classic stages or something but I guess that would take a lot of effort

Alternatively allow people to pay to disable training room both online and in tournaments somehow

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Now I know what it took to get them to announce the patch. My PS4 just had to break and go in for service. I literally just taped the box shut last night to send out today.

Fuuuuck me and you're welcome.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Wait I just realized, they are going to charge money for stages and every character that they're adding post launch. LOL.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Wait I just realized, they are going to charge money for stages and every character that they're adding post launch. LOL.

this was pretty explicitly their plan. colors and costumes too, although supposedly everything can be bought with an insane amount of fight money

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Doesn't take much to get a doctorate in video games these days, huh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

??

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Horosho! You have very good muscle!

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Well I aint payin for that, gently caress u Capcpom.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
His fight moneeeeeeeeey

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Well I aint payin for that, gently caress u Capcpom.

Real question, how did you think it was going to go?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

No loving way sf5 will ever be free 2 play get loving real i mean come on are u high on goofballs

no

ps. do you know where i can get some goofballs

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Yes, just like almost every single video game these days, are you ok? Why would you expect free characters?

Also I was hoping for the daily challenge thing they mentioned some time ago, but since they didn't say anything about it, its probably still months away.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

no

ps. do you know where i can get some goofballs

yeah its in the zenny store lolll

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Dracula Factory posted:

Yes, just like almost every single video game these days, are you ok? Why would you expect free characters?

tekken tag 2 had like 14 post launch characters that were all free, maybe thats the only fighting game he's ever played

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

They're giving away Story Mode Chun and Original Flavor Ryu for free, neato.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alpha Ryu looks like crap, why would anyone want that Alt

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Alpha Ryu looks like crap, why would anyone want that Alt

It might be hot to put alpha ryu up against bearded ryu idk

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Someone's fired for not getting the Cash Shop together.

Or rather it's a Japanese company so someone's demoted to janitor and then tormented until they quit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Help Im Alive posted:

It might be hot to put alpha ryu up against bearded ryu idk

Hot Dad Ryu mirrors cause the game to crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Switched to Cammy, dropped from 2k->1k rank points, put some work in and grinded back to 1800 and started feelin' comfy and good about occasionally puttin' the hurt down. Dumb matchmaker wasn't giving me any decent fights, just a bunch of 800 bronzers. Switched back to Bison for a change of pace today, muscle memory practically disappeared and all my buttons/combos went to poo poo, and it decides to give me a bunch of 2300-2900 silver players in a row. Fk stupid fking fighting games eeerrgggh!

Haven't played anything really competitive since I was younger and had bullshit jobs, and man it's a wake-up. I wanna play the Free Bird solo but skip practicing scales! Every time I lose I know I should just hop in training and/or do some FT5 or FT10 lounges but I just rage mash ranked instead. Gotta chill my rear end out and buckle down on the lab and lounges. - A dude gettin mad at vidja games

'Preciate the advice here about setting the dummy to do a few different things to practice reactions, and running sets though, been super helpful to find some footing.