Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

The Serendia Specials themselves, which are a 90 minute food that gives

AP+5
Accuracy+10
Crit +5%

Though you don't need to do the dailies to cook these

About 200-250 contribution exp - which is pretty much nothing for the time invested - and about 7% cooking exp per quest completion at Skilled5.

I really don't think I'm going to do that much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing. Did you name it Girthooks Big Blue Balls?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Wilekat posted:

The Serendia Specials themselves, which are a 90 minute food that gives

AP+5
Accuracy+10
Crit +5%

Though you don't need to do the dailies to cook these

About 200-250 contribution exp - which is pretty much nothing for the time invested - and about 7% cooking exp per quest completion at Skilled5.

I really don't think I'm going to do that much more.

How much energy from just processing materials?

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Hy_C posted:

How much energy from just processing materials?

I'm doing the flour on an alt (I burned 173 energy on it today and have 233 flour left [his processing skill still totally sucks]), but for all the other steps I'm usually seeing a net loss of about 100 energy. The energy investment for the processing steps is absolutely ridiculous.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Good Lord, so what is your reward for all that work?

reward?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It's easier to make a Ham Sandwich in real life.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WMain00 posted:

It's easier to make a Ham Sandwich in real life.

I think you mean a 5 course meal.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I certainly don't need to lay in a bed for 2 hours after in real life

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The power disparity between gear can be pretty frustrating at times. Fresh level 50's and higher level folks with +15 gear are basically inhabiting the same space, and there's just no way to compete with players who out-gear you. I'm sure there's a valid "gud good scrub" element to it, but after you get vaporized by a player, or run around for 10 minutes and can't get any kills because someone is one-shotting all the mobs, there's really not much else you can do but say to yourself, "I guess it's time for me to leave."

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Officer friends of GoonTang, I am merely AFK fishing for much of the day while I do work. Please start some gathering missions or something for active goons. :shobon: Become Porgy Princes.

Anyway yeah the gear issue is fuckin' real and it's not going to be changed. Skill plays some role, but it's limited. This isn't Dark Souls PVP where a canny player on a good connection can merc someone with top tier gear.

Your options are tough it out and grind mobs for drops, or grind the crafting/labor game and have workshops make gear and crystals for you. The latter is slower and more micro-manage-y, but overall it's also a significantly lower risk and may be less frustrating if you're feeling burned out from serial ganks in the Abandoned Monastery. You'll continue to gain level EXP from the processing portions of this side of the game, though your attainment of combat skill EXP will be very low (limited to you grinding poo poo like blood and hides from mobs if you don't outright purchase those mats).

I opted to keep up with the mob grind last night and had to swap channels a few times to avoid aggressive players defending their farming territory. As a lvl 50 with all gear <+15, and not very experienced in BDO PVP, I'm an incredibly soft target. Unfortunately, every channel was crowded, and basically every end game zone was full of these guys. Just finishing the black spirit quests and hourlies required significant patience. Those of you grinding actual drops and EXP have my sympathy.

The best thing to do, though, seriously, is to go in with a party. I know a lot of goons are saying this is basically a single player game, but if your main goal is just doing the hourlies or your dailies, take 2 or 3 others with you. This cuts down on ganks from the get-go and reduces the amount of time you need to spend in these contested zones. EXPLOIT SYNERGIES

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

LegalPad posted:

The power disparity between gear can be pretty frustrating at times. Fresh level 50's and higher level folks with +15 gear are basically inhabiting the same space, and there's just no way to compete with players who out-gear you. I'm sure there's a valid "gud good scrub" element to it, but after you get vaporized by a player, or run around for 10 minutes and can't get any kills because someone is one-shotting all the mobs, there's really not much else you can do but say to yourself, "I guess it's time for me to leave."

the "get gud scrub" strategy is run away until you have over 100 ap, and to carry crit/down alchemy pots for ganks

Also drytherria, I refuse to read the thread attentively until someone can recite the horsing OP subsection word for word

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RedTonic posted:

Your options are tough it out and grind mobs for drops, or grind the crafting/labor game and have workshops make gear and crystals for you. The latter is slower and more micro-manage-y, but overall it's also a significantly lower risk and may be less frustrating if you're feeling burned out from serial ganks in the Abandoned Monastery. You'll continue to gain level EXP from the processing portions of this side of the game, though your attainment of combat skill EXP will be very low (limited to you grinding poo poo like blood and hides from mobs if you don't outright purchase those mats).
Thing is, player who grinds will always, no matter what, have better gear than someone who doesn't, and there is no way around this. Right now, half of best in slot gear is not craftable. After Mediah comes out, the only craftable best in slot item will be offhand weapon, and only until Valencia comes out. Crafting gear is not a solution, and never will be, if the goal ultimately is to be winning at small scale PvP.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

A leader gets the followers he deserves

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Drythe posted:

A leader gets the followers he deserves

How do I become Hitler

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So we maxed out gathering and I asked ParksAndRec what guild skill to get next. Fishing or Health.

Last vote was Health 2, Fishing 1, Kettlepip 8, so now kettlepip is our new guild leader and we lost half of our guild funds.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:how:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lewtt posted:

How do I become Hitler

I was going to google how to become Hitler for you, but then I decided that shouldn't come up on my work computer.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Drythe posted:

I was going to google how to become Hitler for you, but then I decided that shouldn't come up on my work computer.

you should look up microsofts AI twitter feed instead at work

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I already showed my boss that this morning

Oh wait that's the answer

Lewtt, copy twitter

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
I did it. I beat fishing.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Markkei posted:

"Weight: 1.00 LT"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Something something health potion.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Markkei posted:

Well I'll be damned, there it is.

Also to RedTonic's point -- Gear is important.

Here is how to make it easier:

Do scroll groups. If one isn't run in guild, find a pubbie one. Do your dailies every day for more scrolls. Use this to get stones.

1) Max your weapon ASAP. I didn't do any fuckery to get a +15, I just kept pumping stones into my Yuria till it hit +15, now I'm working on upgrading it to blue.
2) Blow excess weapon stones on your offhand, if applicable.
3) Max your Chest first when doing armor, focus on one piece at a time after you get them all to +5.
4) After Chest, I do helm, boots, then gloves.
5) For your accessories, buy super cheap jewelry, failstack it as high as possible, then try it with your expensive jewelry.

Not sure what armor set to use? Agerian is rarely a wrong choice. What weapon, Yuria. Accessores? Bares is usually a safe bet!

I was about to get around 100AP doing this with some work, and doing DP now.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 24, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

lewtt posted:

How do I become Hitler

well a few nights ago you took a firing squad and killed a bunch of people who were shall we say obsessive about the money you could make while fishing so I'd honestly say you've already got that poo poo in the bag.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

1) Max your weapon ASAP. I didn't do any fucker to get a +15, I just kept pumping stones into my Yuria till it hit +15, now I'm working on upgrading it to blue.

Could you be a dear and give a quick run down on how to upgrade weapons? I'm a few % away from level 52 and that is next on my list.

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Could you be a dear and give a quick run down on how to upgrade weapons? I'm a few % away from level 52 and that is next on my list.

1) Hit ',' to upgrade the ghost of Michael Jackson.
2) Press Enchantment butan.
3) Insert weapon/offhand.
4) Insert weapon black stone.
5) Hope for the best.

I think yuria weapons can safely be enchanted to 7? The Agerian set can safely be upgraded to 5.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Weapons are safe to 7, armor to 5

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
I'm on Edan, and we have a Korean in our guild that is #1 in several life skills. One thing I remember is that a week and a half into the game he dropped 50m silver on gear and was still #1 on his channel.

Here's a picture of his enchant fails:

Kind of boggles my mind.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Derrio posted:

1) Hit ',' to upgrade the ghost of Michael Jackson.
2) Press Enchantment butan.
3) Insert weapon/offhand.
4) Insert weapon black stone.
5) Hope for the best.

I think yuria weapons can safely be enchanted to 7? The Agerian set can safely be upgraded to 5.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Weapons are safe to 7, armor to 5
I'm fairly sure level 52 guy knows how to enchant weapons.

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Open some housing spreadsheet to find where is your weapon workshop (For example, for me it's Azwell Long Bow Forge in Heidel 6 - 3), invest in it, and upgrade it. Also find and invest in refinery, and upgrade it. Then get materials to make a Weapon Reform Stone in refinery, then upgrade your weapon in the forge, using it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Invest in the workshop that pertains to your particular weapon, which varies by city. Have a leveled refinery somewhere to make your own Regrade stones and save some money. Make a Tier II regrade right off the bat, there isn't a reason to use the 1. You put the weapon, stone, and any other materials needed into the refinery, and it will come out as a blue weapon, with some modifier statistic. This will be a direct upgrade over green. Get your green weapon to +15 first though, as it won't lose any upgrades by going to blue, and its easier to use stones to upgrade whilst green.

You can RARELY buy the regrade stones themselves off the AH, but the mats are readily available so I just produce my own. This same process applies to armor as well.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

iSovereign posted:

I'm on Edan, and we have a Korean in our guild that is #1 in several life skills. One thing I remember is that a week and a half into the game he dropped 50m silver on gear and was still #1 on his channel.

Here's a picture of his enchant fails:

Kind of boggles my mind.
That's about two weeks of grinding mobs for money on that screenshot, if one is particularly unlucky and nothing valuable drops, at all. Assuming Orwen prices that is, where Ring of Good Deeds is 200k and both Witch's Earring and Mark of Shadow are 6kk a pop.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Calpheon Dailies 15 minute completion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5LdczQOE38

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I just wish there was some way, any way, to get my workers to gather rough stone

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The fastest/easiest way to get more black powder is to buy crystals off the marketplace and grind them into dust. One of those 20-30k ones gives anywhere from like 25-50 powder which is technically cheaper than buying powder outright and also saves you energy.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Thank you kalstrams and kimsemus, I've had my Yuria bow at +15 for a long while now so I could use a new toy until that precious liverto drops!

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Where do you get the blunderbuss to knock people off things? I've got some jerks at my favorite fishing spot and this will not stand.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I like fireplaces

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Kinetica posted:

Where do you get the blunderbuss to knock people off things? I've got some jerks at my favorite fishing spot and this will not stand.

You and your target need to be lv. 45 or higher. Equip the musket, flag for pvp (alt + c), first click primes, second click fires. If the first shot doesn't knock them into the water, wait about 10 seconds (this is approximate, idk the precise duration) before firing again, since the target receives a temporary buff against your gunfire after each shot. Have fun.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Does investing in a node improve the fishing attached to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Well I'll be damned, there it is.

Also to RedTonic's point -- Gear is important.

Here is how to make it easier:

Do scroll groups. If one isn't run in guild, find a pubbie one. Do your dailies every day for more scrolls. Use this to get stones.

Join pubbies scroll groups and never use a scroll, just leech off them.