Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Why complain about a mode that only takes a couple minutes and gives you lots of freebux.

It's not fun, though. The only reason to play it are the freebux. That's a terrible reason to play a videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Why do people ragequit? Why do they do it the first time I cross them up?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Holding that L is hard for some folks I suppose.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I don't understand why, it's a pretty easy tetris piece to work with.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

I don't understand why, it's a pretty easy tetris piece to work with.

You'd rather hold an I tho.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!
Pardon my noobishness, but I'm confused.... I thought there were no chip kills, but Ryu super fireball just killed me while blocking, got a C for the round letter. Was not in vtrigger.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

Taiso posted:

Pardon my noobishness, but I'm confused.... I thought there were no chip kills, but Ryu super fireball just killed me while blocking, got a C for the round letter. Was not in vtrigger.

Supers can still chip kill you

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Taiso posted:

Super chip kills, special move chip and normal "chip" (the grey life you lose from blocking normals) doesn't.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

How big is the team working on this game

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Taiso posted:

Supers are the sole exception.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just lost to a Ken that sat across the stage then literally teleported across into a grab.

I've never been so upset.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I really love it when the whole screen shakes back and forth violently when the other player waggles their joystick.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!
Started today as a Silver, welp.... rip my lp

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

It looks like I might have to return my TES+. I was thinking about getting a Hori RAP4, do you guys think that's a good choice?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It looks like I might have to return my TES+. I was thinking about getting a Hori RAP4, do you guys think that's a good choice?

Well, why are you returning the TES+?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A.o.D. posted:

I really love it when the whole screen shakes back and forth violently when the other player waggles their joystick.

I love that any match regardless I'd other issues will poo poo out over this

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Not sure if this is too obvious, but FANG can anti-air cr.hp into his dash move, and it's a left/right mixup on landing depending on which dash you use, just like Abel.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I thought SFV was supposed to be a AAA title but the story mode makes it seem like a budget game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gammatron 64 posted:

I thought SFV was supposed to be a AAA title but the story mode makes it seem like a budget game

They thought they could get those sweet esports bucks with nothing to draw casuals in

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Gammatron 64 posted:

so does everything but the price tag

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well, why are you returning the TES+?

Nothing to do with how it feels, it's just stopped working – functions in the menu but doesn't work with any games. I'm calling MadCatz tomorrow, but if I send it back there I'm assuming I'd have to wait a month before playing SFV again and that kinda sucks. On the other hand, I could potentially return it to Amazon and use the money on a Hori, so I'm not sure.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Zand posted:

so does everything but the price tag

Zing! Story mode feels so poverty. I thought this game had the Sony big bucks behind it.

Pomp posted:

They thought they could get those sweet esports bucks with nothing to draw casuals in

I really commend Capcom for trying to cater to the competitive crowd, but ultimately they make up a small amount of players and if you want to get casuals to buy your game, you need to give it single player content like Mortal Kombat and Injustice.

I feel like SFV is the kinda game that's frustrating in that it does a lot of things right and could potentially be great, but they also get a lot of things horrendously wrong. I really want this game to be successful, but Capcom is really making that difficult

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's a shame this game is practically unplayable online because I'm starting to have fun playing Ryu against the few people the netcode doesn't turn into a one-sided rollback mess while playing.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I live in Michigan and I've had very few matches with noticable lag. Their rollback isn't perfect but it is functional and the online is still fun to play so at least they got the basics there. I feel like if this was early access we would all be much less bitchy (and the reviews wouldn't blow).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If it was Early Access I wouldn't buy it because Early Access is a scam.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It is literally not functional. All of my matches have one-sided rollback, the majority of them on my side. As a PC user it is basically guaranteed you are hosed playing vs somebody on PS4. Even when it is playable, the amount of rollback is far greater than it would be on correctly implemented rollback (any game with GGPO) and happens on one side.

PS4 vs PS4 seems mostly fine. If you're on PS4 and playing somebody on PC and its fine for you, it's a guarantee that they are seeing all of the rollbacks.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

A.o.D. posted:

Why do people ragequit? Why do they do it the first time I cross them up?

What I dont get is ragequitting in Casuals or Lobbies. I mean I get why they do it usually because winning too much or losing too much (or obviously lag.) But what's the point? Isn't non-ranked just practice? It happens so much I'm starting to think it's more like a trend than a coincidence.

I go into lobbies for the sole purpose of getting my rear end handed to me repeatedly over long periods of time. It's a huge inconvenience!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dracula Factory posted:

I live in Michigan and I've had very few matches with noticable lag. Their rollback isn't perfect but it is functional and the online is still fun to play so at least they got the basics there. I feel like if this was early access we would all be much less bitchy (and the reviews wouldn't blow).

Pretend i posted I_play_fightcade_with_a_Romanian_and_it's_never_as_bad_as_sfv_gets.Txt again

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

The online right now is garbage whatever way you look at it. If you aren't getting at least some rollback then it's very likely that your opponents are getting it.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

What I dont get is ragequitting in Casuals or Lobbies. I mean I get why they do it usually because winning too much or losing too much (or obviously lag.) But what's the point? Isn't non-ranked just practice? It happens so much I'm starting to think it's more like a trend than a coincidence.

I go into lobbies for the sole purpose of getting my rear end handed to me repeatedly over long periods of time. It's a huge inconvenience!

Yeah, but what if Daigo looks at their profile and checks a replay and sees them losing? He'll think they are a scrub.

(Do casual and lobby replays get saved? I never bothered with that much because the whole process of having to add a replay to your favourites to watch it is really dumb.)

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Something that's weird to me is that when I watch someone streaming ranked matches they usually seem great. Like if you watch the Topanga guys play ranked it's pretty flawless. It's usually pretty solid if you watch pr rog, jwong, floe etc. I don't get it. I definitely don't see that type of consistency, personally. Maybe at the higher ranks of matchmaking there are less people playing with a laptop using a wifi potato :confused:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/PR_Balrog/status/709666179393032192

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

I don't mind losing here and there but losing to somebody that is awful because they kept getting roll back is the worst feeling ever.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick
To all you scrubs complaining about rollback and bad netcode: Try to make more HARD reads, like we did in the old days. That's what this game is all about just like the classic Capcom fighting games! The lag is probably intentional from the gods at Capcom just like the 1/4 second of fuckin' delay in this game. Peace.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pomp posted:

Pretend i posted I_play_fightcade_with_a_Romanian_and_it's_never_as_bad_as_sfv_gets.Txt again

I also played said Romanian back on GGPO plenty and the rollback was also not as bad SFV gets.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I mean there's also:

https://twitter.com/pr_balrog/status/713075910950256640

It's bad. Just never seems to happen much on stream. Or I don't notice it.

Play Mika in the online tournament with a horrible connection and hope you get lucky with your 50/50s

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just call the swat team if the other guy lags

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

To all you scrubs complaining about rollback and bad netcode: Try to make more HARD reads, like we did in the old days. That's what this game is all about just like the classic Capcom fighting games! The lag is probably intentional from the gods at Capcom just like the 1/4 second of fuckin' delay in this game. Peace.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It is literally not functional. All of my matches have one-sided rollback, the majority of them on my side. As a PC user it is basically guaranteed you are hosed playing vs somebody on PS4. Even when it is playable, the amount of rollback is far greater than it would be on correctly implemented rollback (any game with GGPO) and happens on one side.

PS4 vs PS4 seems mostly fine. If you're on PS4 and playing somebody on PC and its fine for you, it's a guarantee that they are seeing all of the rollbacks.

Have you tried the alt tab trick to see if it alleviates the lag on your side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

MohShuvuu posted:

Have you tried the alt tab trick to see if it alleviates the lag on your side?

lag/rollback shouldn't be one sided at all

passing all the lag/rollback onto one person is not a meaningful fix to this issue