Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I need some help, PYFRPPDSS.

I have purchased a bunch of posters over the last 8 months or so, and am having some issues with them staying on the walls. I purchased a bunch of Modest Magnets, and they're functional but I have to go around the apartment every week and flatten them back up. My question is: are frames just like stupid expensive? Apparently the only $10 ones on planet Earth are from Walmart, and those have like a 50% chance of being destroyed on arrival, according to the online reviews. Do y'all have any cheapo frame recommendations?

For content, related to the above question:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh god kill me now the pain has already started.

Tonight my wife said "Hey you know what we haven't had in years? Taco Bell."

So I acquiesced.

Just a big bag of tacos. Some hard shell and some soft shell, two bean burritos. We ate two hours ago. I never want to eat again. Why. Why did I listen. There's a reason it's been years.

The real crime is your slow rear end motorcycle, gramps. :corsair:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All motorcycles are too fast and scary.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

NewFatMike posted:

I have purchased a bunch of posters over the last 8 months or so, and am having some issues with them staying on the walls. I purchased a bunch of Modest Magnets, and they're functional but I have to go around the apartment every week and flatten them back up. My question is: are frames just like stupid expensive? Apparently the only $10 ones on planet Earth are from Walmart, and those have like a 50% chance of being destroyed on arrival, according to the online reviews. Do y'all have any cheapo frame recommendations?

For content, related to the above question:

Basically yes, frames are stupid expensive.

When I'm looking for the cheapest possible frames, I go for the cheap ones at Michaels. They somewhat frequently have 40% off, plus you can get 20% off coupons that stack on the 40% if you sign up for emails. I usually just wait for the sales and then pick up what I need.

If you're looking for a "real" frame that isn't outrageously priced, a friend of mine who is a professional artist recommended checking thrift stores. Getting the sizing right is the real hard part about that, though. You can find some weird non-standard sizes.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Digital_Jesus posted:

The real crime is your slow rear end motorcycle, gramps. :corsair:

A comfortable sport tourer is all I need, kids can have their GSXNinjas and their YZF-CBR1s

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Aramek posted:

All motorcycles are too fast and scary.

Then how come I keep hitting them in my truck?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Phthisis posted:

I went to Taco Bell last night, but I'm not a fool and got a god-tier meal (quesarito and cool ranch dorito taco).

Listen to this goon. They know the truth.

Funxion
Nov 30, 2005

This man talks to empty chairs at conventions. Please help this man back to being an idol. Fight Alzheimers!

LingcodKilla posted:

Maybe you're too busy looking at the rear window gun rack?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Got a messenger bag (50-70% off at nordstrom rack on certain timbuk2 messenger bags)

And a tool chest

Feeling pretty good about the things I got to put things in.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

LingcodKilla posted:

Get out of the parking lot.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Phthisis posted:

When I'm looking for the cheapest possible frames, I go for the cheap ones at Michaels. They somewhat frequently have 40% off, plus you can get 20% off coupons that stack on the 40% if you sign up for emails. I usually just wait for the sales and then pick up what I need.

If you're looking for a "real" frame that isn't outrageously priced, a friend of mine who is a professional artist recommended checking thrift stores. Getting the sizing right is the real hard part about that, though. You can find some weird non-standard sizes.

Excellent call on Michaels! Gotta tally up the measurements on my frames and blow a bunch of cash on them later on this week.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
I've had much better lucky getting decent picture frames from Amazon than from Michaels. The ones at Michaels are super overpriced(before coupons, they might be decent after coupons) for what you get and very cheap quality-wise. As long as you know what size you are looking for, check out Amazon.

Edit: Also if you are framing up a decent amount of stuff, get the matboard cutter tool. Its way better than trying to use a knife/razor/etc and you get nice clean perfect angled cuts, only costs a few bucks as well.

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Mar 23, 2016

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Phthisis posted:

I went to Taco Bell last night, but I'm not a fool and got a god-tier meal (quesarito and cool ranch dorito taco).

The Cantina Power Bowl is low key the best thing on the taco bell menu. It's basically a burrito bowl like you'd get at chipotle, only it's $5 and comes with guac no charge.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I used to always get a beefy nacho griller or two for late night drunk munchies.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
I once got some tacos from Taco Bell that tasted like someone sprayed them with the bitterant from a canned air duster when I was a kid.

Had to wait forever too.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Quesarito or bust, motherfucker

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Quesalupa's pretty drat good, except I got one the other day and the shell tasted...wrong somehow.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Are these quesa-whatevers better than crunchwraps? Those are legit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Taco Bell just uses the same 5 ingredients and rearranges them. It's all the same.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Blasphemy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

Taco Bell just uses the same 5 ingredients and rearranges them. It's all the same.
They put lettuce in loving everything. I've gotten lettuce in my quesadilla before. Who the gently caress puts lettuce in a quesadilla? Well Taco Bell does, apparently.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

PCOS Bill posted:

Cooking is one of the biggest joys in life.

:hfive: I made bomb-rear end fettucine alfredo with shrimp the other night, homemade is best made...plus no grease sweats or exploding rear end

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
This thing-a-mahoozit came in today. Anybody know any good firearms flashlight that cost the farm?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Had to have a coworker give me a jump start last night, hopefully wont happen again. It's maybe a little iffy for only $40, but all the reviews on amazon seem solid.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Just watch out where you store them, they don't like cold or heat too much.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Phthisis posted:

I also go with Amazon. In most common sizes they have frames that are ~$30-40, which isn't terrible. I've ordered probably 6 or 7 throughout the years, and yeah one or two have arrived broken but the amazon marketplace store that it came from knows this poo poo happens, so they generally have a policy of "send us a pic, and we'll send you a new one asap."

edit: store names are Craig Frames and Art to Frames. Basically the same company, one just usually has the particular size I'm looking for at like ~$3 cheaper than the other sometimes. http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=craig+frames

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

NewFatMike posted:

I UHU glue the posters to balsa wood and attach to the walls using spare "3M VHB" pads that came with my gopro (stuff thats used to fix the Camera to skydivers helmets, for example). I just cut them into thinner strips, worst it will do is strip some paint when removed, but with a hairdryer they come off nice and easy, just have to make sure you prep the surface before sticking.

Not a poster but I've used the same method for the past few years with no problems

^ I just yanked that motherfucker off the wall to take a pic and the paint was left intact (this time)

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Mar 24, 2016

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Pre ordered a Star War

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Just ordered this little guy + a couple of Eneloops with charger.

I am becoming one of those EDC dorks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

plainswalker75 posted:

Pre ordered a Star War

I'm shaming you so hard.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

skit herre posted:

I've got one of these on my keychain and give them to everyone I know as holiday presents. They are super convenient in everyday life. The battery life is amazing, too; I lived in India for three months and I never had to replace the battery once.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

skit herre posted:

Oh like this?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Gamestop is selling the black wii with motionplus refurbs for $40 so I picked one up to use it as my traveling game console/netflix/hulu/youtube streamer.

to play these games, which still hold up well:

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Mar 25, 2016

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought a dad hat for the summer.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

I seriously advise against this. The reason they tell you to remove the cling film and bandages from your tattoo is so that it has room to breathe. If you oversaturate it, it could lead to blow out, ink leakage, and inhibits the healing process. A thin layer of either a&d ointment is a much better idea. Don't do this.

Anyways. I bought a bunch of candy because I love candy. Yay candy.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
What kind of candy. We need details, man.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

beefnoodle posted:

Content. New tattoo shortly:

Gonna agree on DON'T BANDAGE YOUR TATTOO! But definitely get one and I hope it turns out great :)

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.
Raisinets, Juju Flowers, Robin Eggs, Sour Patch Kids, Chupachups Lollypops, Pocky, Flower kiss Candy, adzuki and green tea mochi, rainbow twizzlers, fruit slices, and I got a bag of pick n mix.

I wasn't kidding when I said I like candy

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Erudite Sybarite posted:

I seriously advise against this. The reason they tell you to remove the cling film and bandages from your tattoo is so that it has room to breathe. If you oversaturate it, it could lead to blow out, ink leakage, and inhibits the healing process. A thin layer of either a&d ointment is a much better idea. Don't do this.

Anyways. I bought a bunch of candy because I love candy. Yay candy.

Thanks, but the tattoo mega thread says otherwise, as do my large dogs who will want to lick my lower arm clean.

Enjoy your candy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Erudite Sybarite posted:

Raisinets, Juju Flowers, Robin Eggs, Sour Patch Kids, Chupachups Lollypops, Pocky, Flower kiss Candy, adzuki and green tea mochi, rainbow twizzlers, fruit slices, and I got a bag of pick n mix.

I wasn't kidding when I said I like candy

What kind of insulin dosage are you on