Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

gently caress Craig for going all 'i'm bored' on Vinny's epic beat by beat recap of Bret's promo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Harlem Heat used twin magic

wild stuff

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Sockser posted:

Like you jest
And Russo sucks

But at least when he was around things were sorta exciting and unpredictable

That's technically true, he was around during those times

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

That's technically true, he was around during those times

the sultan was the true source of the excitement of the attitude era

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA had the right idea of using Russo as an idea consultant. Its a shame they went about it in ways that threatened their business operations.

Russo's critques of wrestling products are usually spot on but you have to deal with him saying he could have done it better. Also you have to put up with him thinking its 1998 and white people still rule media.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

Bryan cutting Bret's promo on how Playgirl is a magazine for GAYS was amazing

"He was willing to let go the jab that he'd looked at the magazine, but throwing the microphone was just a step too far!"

The Bret Hart "Heel in America, Face in the rest of the world" angle was amazing and his regaining the title was an incredible moment. But nothing tops the high watermark of the In Your House: Canadian Stampede show, that is one of the hottest crowds I have ever heard.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 23, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

The Bret Hart "Heel in America, Face in the rest of the world" angle was amazing and his regaining the title was an incredible moment. But nothing tops the high watermark of the In Your House: Canadian Stampede show, that is one of the hottest crowds I have ever heard.

I don't know why I never put this together before, but did the whole "Bret stays face in Canada" angle come around because Bret had creative control and was very protective of his Canadian popularity?

Like, if he didn't have that power and Vince had his way, would Bret have been cutting YOU PEOPLE promos on Canada to try and turn them too?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

According to Bret's book it was Vince's idea to have him be a face outside the US

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jerusalem posted:

But nothing tops the high watermark of the In Your House: Canadian Stampede show, that is one of the hottest crowds I have ever heard.

This is still my favourite match of all time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

This is still my favourite match of all time

I'm rewatching it right now and it's just as good as I remember.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Anyone hear Mickie on JR's show? She hated TNA killing her too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

According to Bret's book it was Vince's idea to have him be a face outside the US

IIRC it was related to the fact that Bret did killer business in Europe in particular

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

I love that apparently everybody involved in that angle were saying,"This train poo poo is stupid and is going to ruin everything" but whoever was in charge was adamant that it had to happen.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Vertical Lime posted:

You could say it was borderline criminal!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Episode 4 of "Looks Like Some Sort Of Sidewalk Slam" for your viewing perusal, or on iTunes if you prefer to listen. This episode covers three episodes of Raw and Roadblock.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Sockser posted:

Like you jest
And Russo sucks

But at least when he was around things were sorta exciting and unpredictable

1-2 years ago Russo fantasy booked Raw, week by week. It was incredible stuff to read, due to its breakneck pace and how much it would not work and be horrible TV.

Please look it up if you believe in him.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The Pisscast has resurrected! I think we should celebrate this occasion on Sunday.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The audio quality on this week's Cheap Heat :stare:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

if pisscast was Seinfeld, Manflurry would be Jerry, Oatgan is Elaine, Karmine is Jerry's parents, Kramine voice is George, Baby Manflurry is Steinbrenner, and I guess Hulk Hogan is Kramer?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Somewhere around the 1h28m mark on BNV when Bryan says "and then VIOLENCE breaks out". The pubey crack in his voice has me rollin'!

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Why is Bryan so mean to Granny? :(

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Rand McNally posted:

Why is Bryan so mean to Granny? :(

Because he is a bad grandson.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i'm guessing he once thought it would be cute to have his granny on the show, and now he hates it but couldn't deal with the guilt trip of sacking his own grandmother

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

super macho dude posted:

if pisscast was Seinfeld, Manflurry would be Jerry, Oatgan is Elaine, Karmine is Jerry's parents, Kramine voice is George, Baby Manflurry is Steinbrenner, and I guess Hulk Hogan is Kramer?

Whatever character has the weakest upper body strength is Manflurry. Can't lift a thing.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Man(flurry)delbaum!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Oatgan is George I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan is getting upset

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cath is definitely Elaine.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

oatgan is getting upset

And our parents are absolutely George's parents

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

St Evan Echoes posted:

i'm guessing he once thought it would be cute to have his granny on the show, and now he hates it but couldn't deal with the guilt trip of sacking his own grandmother

Going from my own experiences with my grandmother and a degenerating health father.

These people can be insufferable, especially if you didn't particularly have a good fuse normally, which Bryan doesn't. But he wants his grandmother to be involved with his life. But when she misses words, or doesn't understand when he says something. It grinds the nerves.

He's human.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Where can I listen to older WOLs? I remember seeing Drago and Cuerno were on an episode back during season one of LU and I wanna listen to that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

There's an archive on the Observer site if you're a subscriber.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Where can I listen to older WOLs? I remember seeing Drago and Cuerno were on an episode back during season one of LU and I wanna listen to that.

Don't look under WOL though. You want Observer Radio or Bryan and Vinny for those

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Google search comes up with 5/20 for Cuerno, don't see anything about Drago though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The long form interviews are either WOR or Figure Four Daily, I forget which

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
the long interview with cuerno/hijo del fantasma is amazing and proof how bad wwe is about scouting.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Scouting sucks, talent development sucks, and they still pick the wrong guys even when the best break through.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
"We already have Neville, what could we possibly need RIcochet for?!"

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

"We already have Neville, what could we possibly need RIcochet for?!"

You know, I always hated the whole sellout idea, for bands, wrestlers, whatever. They are in it to make money doing what they love, so obviously its great if they can make good money by going to a bigger job. But man, WWE is just the worst for making me want to reevaluate that sometimes. They have the best roster in the world right now, maybe in terms of raw talent the best roster they have ever had, and it's getting better on a regular basis, and I just can't enjoy it. So when I see my favorite wrestler going to the biggest show around, it just makes me sad when it should make me happy for them and for being able to see them wrestle the best roster in the world.

The classic response is, you don't have to watch WWE. Well, I don't all that much, but drat it, I really want them to give me a reason to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That Bryan retirement piece really reminded me of that time where like, everyone wanted Bryan to do amazing things, and then WWE would bring him out, he'd get a huge pop and then he'd lose.

And it was like, come on, for fucks sake, everyone in this building wants him to win, why is he losing all the time?

I think the nadir of this was the Rumble where the crowd just poo poo on the match after he got eliminated.

• Locked thread