Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Some jerk tried to lift my credit card number and so my bank froze it and I've been without a card for a week and it just happened to be the week my PS+ was to renew, so now that's been cancelled and my pre-order of Hyrule Warriors also and I'm feeling salty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Nate RFB posted:

The Gamecube did alright in this regard as well but for me the N64 was the best multiplayer system ever made and I'll always love it for the hours lost to Goldeneye/Mario Kart/Smash.

I had a dream last night about playing a game that was extremely like a modern reboot of Goldeneye, I was very sad when I woke up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

I had a dream last night about playing a game that was extremely like a modern reboot of Goldeneye, I was very sad when I woke up.

There's multiple of those

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Some jerk tried to lift my credit card number and so my bank froze it and I've been without a card for a week and it just happened to be the week my PS+ was to renew, so now that's been cancelled and my pre-order of Hyrule Warriors also and I'm feeling salty.
Sorry to hear that :ohdear:

VideoGames posted:

I am a big fan of Video Games, Video Game systems and Gaming memorabilia in general!

I would have loved to own all systems when each was released but I have to settle with what I can afford.
:same:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Ahundredbux posted:

It came out on the Wii in 2010 and was a call of duty clone.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Tomb Raider Legends is so much fun. I wish it didn't overheat my computer.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ravane posted:

Tomb Raider Legends is so much fun. I wish it didn't overheat my computer.

I hope it destroys your computer completely :twisted:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I loving hate the 3D action ones on the PS2. I hate them so much.

You should try Nanobreaker. (Don't actually try nanobreaker).

Sakurazuka posted:

The first one for sure, they might have been in the second too though

The second one is just an expansion pack with new characters so they're kinda the same game. You have to beat it with the new character to unlock the older ones, though, since it's still technically a sequel in the same way that the SNES Dracula X was a sequel to the PC Engine Rondo of Blood.

Lady Naga posted:

Do you remember the gritty 3D action reboot of Rygar?

It's funny because it was just a Wii port of the PS2 game where they gave the character that absurd redesign.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

codenameFANGIO posted:

I hope it destroys your computer completely :twisted:

I don't know why you would hope that. I use this computer for important research as well. You are a terrible person.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ravane posted:

I use this computer for important research as well.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Uh oh that Slain game is getting the business on Steam - mixed reviews, most of them saying the controls suck.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Actually I design vectors for gene therapy against HIV.

Also gently caress off kindly, as I don't poo poo up the thread as I proved a few pages ago, its you people who hone in on my opinions of things like the Wii U. And your comment now is just more poo poo, because I was praising Tomb raider in this echo chamber that only wants to hear good things about games, only to be poo poo upon by Fangio. So if you would kindly stop making GBS threads up the gen chat thread with your nonsense, everyone would appreciate it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ravane posted:

Also gently caress off kindly, as I don't poo poo up the thread as I proved a few pages ago,
Actually at this point since they see you as a target, you poo poo up the thread by proxy by posting at all. It sucks but I would say go take a break and enjoy another thread til there's some other whipping boy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
How does this thread feel about Elevator Action?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ravane posted:

Also gently caress off kindly, as I don't poo poo up the thread as I proved a few pages ago, its you people who hone in on my opinions of things like the Wii U. And your comment now is just more poo poo, because I was praising Tomb raider in this echo chamber that only wants to hear good things about games, only to be poo poo upon by Fangio. So if you would kindly stop making GBS threads up the gen chat thread with your nonsense, everyone would appreciate it.

Hey man, it's cool, I like to take breaks from my research into curing children of cancer to talk about videos games too and it's awful when people make fun of me for my increasingly unncessary biographical posts and generally bad posting.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

CrashCat posted:

Actually at this point since they see you as a target, you poo poo up the thread by proxy by posting at all. It sucks but I would say go take a break and enjoy another thread til there's some other whipping boy

Yeah, I will in six days when my brother is back.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Hey man, it's cool, I like to take breaks from my research into curing children of cancer to talk about videos games too and it's awful when people make fun of me for my increasingly unncessary biographical posts and generally bad posting.

lol at the racist posting this.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ravane posted:

A noble goal, seeking to cure the victims of your own posts.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PBS Newshour posted:

How does this thread feel about Elevator Action?
The original arcade version is kind of lame, the Game Boy version adds a bunch of extra elements that make it really pop, Elevator Action Returns loving rules and the GBA game (Old and New) is pretty good too. I never really played the GBC one (or it's weird Dexter's Lab reskin) or the PS3 one that I didn't know existed until this exact moment.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No Such Thing posted:

:drat:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Kins posted:

The original arcade version is kind of lame, the Game Boy version adds a bunch of extra elements that make it really pop, Elevator Action Returns loving rules and the GBA game (Old and New) is pretty good too. I never really played the GBC one (or it's weird Dexter's Lab reskin) or the PS3 one that I didn't know existed until this exact moment.

I just really like squishing people with the elevators and shooting the lights so they fall down on people's heads. Also the way you can enter doors to dodge bullets is oddly satisfying.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

No Such Thing posted:

:perfect:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I really like WayForward, it's cool to know that whatever licensed trash has their name on it is still going to be at worst a competent game that you won't mind playing.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

No Such Thing posted:

If you got HIV from my posts, you must have ridiculously thin skin.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

No Such Thing posted:

loving lol.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

I really like WayForward, it's cool to know that whatever licensed trash has their name on it is still going to be at worst a competent game that you won't mind playing.
Those genie-tits won't pay for themselves, y'know.

(Nickelodeon-Subsidized Genie-Tits is the name of my new album.)

Ravane posted:

If you got HIV from my posts, you must have ridiculously thin skin.
:ironicat:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Sleeveless posted:

Except their dungeon crawlers are painfully boring and repetitive (The Silent Hill one and the Adventure Time one)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The good part of WayForward left and made Shovel Knight.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ducktales remaster was pretty good. :colbert: But yeah Adventure Time on the 3DS was basically Zelda 2. It was fun although very short.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Shindragon posted:

Ducktales remaster was pretty good. :colbert:
It was, until that absolutely horrible post-final boss chase scene.

Shantae 3 was real good so they still have it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hi

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Shindragon posted:

Ducktales remaster was pretty good. :colbert: But yeah Adventure Time on the 3DS was basically Zelda 2. It was fun although very short.
That's a really mean thing to say about Zelda 2 :argh:

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Sleeveless posted:

The Smurfs 2

Accordion Man posted:

It was, until that absolutely horrible post-final boss chase scene.

Haha yeah and it was loving miserable losing my last loving life on that sequence while trying to finish the game on extreme. :(

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 25, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
was wayforward's puzzle horror game Lit any good?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Wendy: Every Witch Way for GBC is pretty good.

It's Metal Storm

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FirstAidKite posted:

was wayforward's puzzle horror game Lit any good?

Not particularly. Like, the horror element is superficial and the puzzles never seemed to get terribly interesting. I think it was the only Wii Shop exclusive I bought, and I never got much out of it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Not particularly. Like, the horror element is superficial and the puzzles never seemed to get terribly interesting. I think it was the only Wii Shop exclusive I bought, and I never got much out of it.

that's a shame

there should be more horror puzzle games

specifically horror puzzle games that aren't just "click around until the jump scare happens"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Silent Hill 2 and 3 have some of the best puzzles in gaming.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok let's pretend this keypad is a woman's face,

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite posted:

that's a shame

there should be more horror puzzle games

specifically horror puzzle games that aren't just "click around until the jump scare happens"

999 is almost this. Until you really learn what's going one, the game definitely has a great sense of dread and fear, because so much of this is mysterious AND you're in a hopeless situation, in more ways than one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FirstAidKite posted:

Ok let's pretend this keypad is a woman's face,

yeah it owned

• Locked thread