Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is there a "scrape off the locker room floor" option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Jimmy Hart had the power of Hulkamania flowing through his veins

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Testekill posted:

Not a whole lot going on this time but excursions should make Japan interesting.

The window not moving back to the centre all the time is nice too

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
EA UFC 2 had the whole crossing yourself after a victory thing patched out today completely. So no more Khabib being suddenly Catholic after a win.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For the best, really. Sure, there's a large amount of openly christian fighters but defaulting to religion is never a good idea.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I wish TEW had the option to simulate ahead for longer than a year at a time, with any of these management sim games I always love to see what the game engine coughs out in the future

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Fat Lowtax posted:

I wish TEW had the option to simulate ahead for longer than a year at a time, with any of these management sim games I always love to see what the game engine coughs out in the future

Exactly. Let there be an easy Chaos mode where you just watch and observe with the occasional tinkering(say you only book the big shows). This would be perfect for the fed.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I just downloaded the January 91 mod on a lark and find that I will really be looking forward to converting it to '16. Mainly because the mod has a ton of companies but few, if any, set employees for said companies. (on a cursory glance, there is a company with exactly 1 employee) and I want to see how the new AI's more aggressive hiring policies pan out.

And the mod surprisingly has SSW and a rookie Beau James. Not sure how I feel about that.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Junior/Heavyweight split sounds like a good time too

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Excursions should be good for more than just Japan... if you're playing a small company pretty much anywhere, you can get some talent that way, or at least a rotating set of jobbers. drat it, I JUST BOUGHT the last game.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
with all of these cool backstage features I think I'm going to have to pick it up, play it for an hour before bouncing off the interface, and then drive a company into the ground with the most screwy, lovely ppv possible and see how badly I can tank buisness

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

ParanoidInc posted:

with all of these cool backstage features I think I'm going to have to pick it up, play it for an hour before bouncing off the interface, and then drive a company into the ground with the most screwy, lovely ppv possible and see how badly I can tank buisness

The WWE approach. Unorthodox, but nice.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I just chased Undertaker on a bike down the ramp and around the arena as 2008-era CM Punk during the 2001 Royal Rumble. These games are worth their weight in entertainment value regardless of any objective quality.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've got a 2k16 My Universe show where every Saturday we go back in time to 6:05 p.m. in the late 80s for kind of a greatest hits of NWA/JCP/WCW

If anyone's seen some quality movesets, CAWs, arenas, or whatever, let me know. Or just lay on some suggestions

Current roster:

Arn & Larry
Flair 91
Steamboat
Vader
Bam Bam
Boss Man in alt attire as Big Bubba Rogers
Dusty
Dustin
Pillman
Austin
Sting 91
Luger
Lord Regal
A TERRIBLE alt-attire of Taker trying to recreate Mean Mark Callous
Farooq in alt attire as Doom-era Ron Simmons
Terrible CAW of Butch Reed in Doom
Work-in-progress CAW of Muta. The real challenge is building his moveset but I hate the ones I've seen uploaded. It'll just take some time.

Current wishlist:
Oldschool Steiners
Jim Cornette as manager
Samoan SWAT Team
Road Warriors
Powers of Pain
JYD
Norman the Lunatic
Steve Williams
Harley Race
Kerry von Erich

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 27, 2016

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've got a 2k16 My Universe show where every Saturday we go back in time to 6:05 p.m. in the late 80s for kind of a greatest hits of NWA/JCP/WCW

If anyone's seen some quality movesets, CAWs, arenas, or whatever, let me know. Or just lay on some suggestions

Current roster:

Arn & Larry
Flair 91
Steamboat
Vader
Bam Bam
Boss Man in alt attire as Big Bubba Rogers
Dusty
Dustin
Pillman
Austin
Sting 91
Luger
Lord Regal
A TERRIBLE alt-attire of Taker trying to recreate Mean Mark Callous
Farooq in alt attire as Doom-era Ron Simmons
Terrible CAW of Butch Reed in Doom
Work-in-progress CAW of Muta. The real challenge is building his moveset but I hate the ones I've seen uploaded. It'll just take some time.

Current wishlist:
Oldschool Steiners
Jim Cornette as manager
Samoan SWAT Team
Road Warriors
Powers of Pain
JYD
Norman the Lunatic
Steve Williams
Harley Race

This is awesome and makes me really want to get this game.

In other news I tried this - http://ndpdesign.com/wwwrpg/

and it really is fantastic fun we had a great time.

The wrestlers that my group made were a Cthulu themed Monster Heel named (creatively) "The Brute"

another guy played a hardcore type wrestler a heel named "Irish Mike" with kind of a Roddy Piper gimmick.

and then there was a face high flyer named "Holy Joe" with a religious themed gimmick

and finally A face Veteran named Mickey Malone who had a weird Baseball themed gimmick.

So if you have any interest in both pen and paper RPGs as well as wrestling, I would recommend this.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I like that fuckin' 2k16 is the game that finally gets me to try my hand at working in hex.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lady Naga posted:

I like that fuckin' 2k16 is the game that finally gets me to try my hand at working in hex.
Create-a-wrestler is the single most powerful and seductive force in video games, and the WWE series is its Honda Civic.

I've not met the man that wouldn't rather make Where's Waldo and Rowsdower put Hitler through a table with a 3D than spend one minute figuring out Little Big Planet. I'm honestly surprised the series that accidentally spawned VGCW still hasn't recognized its own greatest strength.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Speaking of Universe Mode whats going on in yours? At the moment I'm having a year of current era roster. Smackdown currently has Undertaker and Stardust feuding, in NXT Sami Zayn turned his back on the fans then formed a tag team with Kevin Owens and on Raw Dean Ambrose and Triple H are fighting for the title.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

MisterGBH posted:

Speaking of Universe Mode whats going on in yours? At the moment I'm having a year of current era roster. Smackdown currently has Undertaker and Stardust feuding, in NXT Sami Zayn turned his back on the fans then formed a tag team with Kevin Owens and on Raw Dean Ambrose and Triple H are fighting for the title.

I'm still in 2k15, but a CAW I downloaded of Kevin Owens made a tag team with Santino and Kane is Mr. Money in the Bank.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Owens is far too good to be stuck in a comedy tag team with Santino but holy poo poo that would own

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
The only presidents I can find for download are Obama and Nixon. Get your poo poo together, WWE 2k16 Creation Community.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

St Evan Echoes posted:

Owens is far too good to be stuck in a comedy tag team with Santino but holy poo poo that would own

In my head, he'll start insulting someone he hates, and Santino throws out one of his corny insults at the same guy and Owens just kind of grins and says "Haha! Awesome" and just has Santino distract dudes so he can cheerfully wreck them.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So, for 2k16 for the PC, I downloaded a pretty good Okada CAW. But I've noticed a problem, the bottom of his feet clip through the soles of his boots! Is there anyway to fix this? I tried giving him socks the same colour as his boots but it seems like they just don't render? It's really ugly and distracting.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm still in 2k15, but a CAW I downloaded of Kevin Owens made a tag team with Santino and Kane is Mr. Money in the Bank.

If I make a separate show that's a CAW division/weirdo league, I want to put facepaint on KO and send him out as The Vigilante Steen.

CapitalistPig posted:

This is awesome and makes me really want to get this game.

In other news I tried this - http://ndpdesign.com/wwwrpg/

and it really is fantastic fun we had a great time.

The wrestlers that my group made were a Cthulu themed Monster Heel named (creatively) "The Brute"

another guy played a hardcore type wrestler a heel named "Irish Mike" with kind of a Roddy Piper gimmick.

and then there was a face high flyer named "Holy Joe" with a religious themed gimmick

and finally A face Veteran named Mickey Malone who had a weird Baseball themed gimmick.

So if you have any interest in both pen and paper RPGs as well as wrestling, I would recommend this.

Also I've been dying to play this but I don't have an rpg group and finding others here is basically impossible if you don't want to play D&D, Pathfinder, or Vampire.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
If I just wanna play out some WCW 1996-1998 fantasies is WWE 2k16 the game for me?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If I make a separate show that's a CAW division/weirdo league, I want to put facepaint on KO and send him out as The Vigilante Steen.

Also I've been dying to play this but I don't have an rpg group and finding others here is basically impossible if you don't want to play D&D, Pathfinder, or Vampire.

I would not be opposed to trying to scrounge up a roll 20 game of this.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Tomahawk posted:

If I just wanna play out some WCW 1996-1998 fantasies is WWE 2k16 the game for me?

That's pretty much how I play 2k16, minus Hogan. Flair has held the title for 10 years and occasionally drops it to Sting or Stunning Steve. Meanwhile I simmed the WWF and Murphy has held onto the title for about 3 years.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'd like to play too. We have a Play by Post subforum just for such an occasion.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

WCW/NWO Revenge is the game for you.

But if it's too ugly for you, 2k16 should be OK, create a wrestler and arena will fill the void. Game play is very improved over recent years as well. It's biggest issue is being boring everywhere else. Universe is bland, Royal Rumbles are still a slog, in fact none of the gimmick matches are improved from previous years. I mean yes, where the game play improvements apply it will help, but boring ladder match mechanics, meter based rumbles and Cells that have invisible walls will still detract from the fun that could be had, and sometimes used to be had with older games.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

projecthalaxy posted:

I'd like to play too. We have a Play by Post subforum just for such an occasion.

Honestly i dont think it would work well pbp

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

It's been done as a pbp at least once here on the forums and it seemed to work out pretty well. I'd sure as hell be game for it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ShootaBoy posted:

It's been done as a pbp at least once here on the forums and it seemed to work out pretty well. I'd sure as hell be game for it.

I mean it could work in the forums the biggest thing for me would kind of just be the length between posts seems like it would kill the fun of calling the action in real time.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

remusclaw posted:

WCW/NWO Revenge is the game for you.

But if it's too ugly for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEENdlYwndo

This is not ugly, this is perfection.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That was the first AKI game I ever played and I used to have epic Nash/Bagwell matches that lasted over an hour because neither of us would die.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That's because in the AKI WCW games, just tapping the analog stick a couple of times would automatically let you kick out of pins and break submissions. In the WWF ones, if you tried that, submissions and repeated moves like the repeating german would keep looping until you stopped messing with the stick.

Another glitch in Revenge is that Jericho's Lion tamer is unable to be interrupted, guys can break out of it but it ignores stomps and stuff from third parties. I used this to burn through the tag team mode.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 28, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Looks like it'll be mostly under-the-hood stuff for the rest of the dev journal. A release date for TEW2016 should be announced either friday or next week.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Testekill posted:

Looks like it'll be mostly under-the-hood stuff for the rest of the dev journal. A release date for TEW2016 should be announced either friday or next week.

With how he has been talking it up , I'm expecting a release date really soon. He's got a lot of steam going on right now and I'm going to say gently caress it, if the game ends up coming out in October or something. I'm expecting the least smart move from Ryland on this one. Dude needs to announce "Hey it's out next week!" and that's it. Like his audience ISN'T GOING TO KNOW!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
He's openly said Q2, I think, aiming for April.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Sky Shadowing posted:

He's openly said Q2, I think, aiming for April.

Thank you for this gem. Now I can be excited.

How fast do more TEW-exeperienced players think it'll take for real world mods to get updated with all of these new add ons? I can't wait to run WWE with the HVY/JR split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Howling Man posted:

Thank you for this gem. Now I can be excited.

How fast do more TEW-exeperienced players think it'll take for real world mods to get updated with all of these new add ons? I can't wait to run WWE with the HVY/JR split.

It'll probably take about a month for the usual real world mods to be updated.

edit:

quote:

Mar 25: Auto Area Opening

If a worker appears for a company then he will automatically then have that company's home area open to him (if not already). For example, if someone tours Japan then they become automatically open for all Japanese companies to hire in the future. This allows loans, etc, to open up that worker to new careers and makes for a more dynamic game world.

I didn't notice this one earlier in the week. That could be really helpful and if it is affected by alliance loans/working agreement loans then it'll be awesome.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 28, 2016