Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I will never pay for matchmaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I'm fine with paying for matchmaking, but not for a rootkit

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I will esae

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm going to start playing ESEA again either today or tomorrow.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
esea is good

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
If installing a rootkit is what it takes to reduce the amount of hackers I have to play then I'm fine with that, which is honestly super depressing

Had a super scetchy guy on FACEIT the other day who early in the game started with saying poo poo like "toggle off now or you'll regret it ;)" after a few lucky shots from us, and then proceeded to put his entire team on his shoulders and carry them to the win after we just laughed at him

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
is friendly fire enabled in esea yet?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Kwilty posted:

How many of yall are on the esea train still? I was thinking about reupping this week.

I've done 3 nights of solo queue MM :psyboom:

I prefer solo queue because I'd rather disappoint strangers :smith:

e: I have a Foil sticker not selected in the pick 'em challenge and it won't let me sell it on the market. I want my pixel money gaben!

fennesz fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 25, 2016

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I WOKE UP IN A NEW BUGATTI

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Demostrs posted:

Let me get my pick of 1 item just for being the first to ask.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat demo, carry on.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Well for every how many hundred big losers there's gotta be a winner or two!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Demo got all those skins from my taser giveaways.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Demostrs posted:

How do you....what do you...? drat dude.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sterster posted:

How do you....what do yo...?
Go big or go home.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Apparently ^

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Bet on a 10% best of one underdog, wake up to everyone else's skins. Ez skins ez life

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

10% of the time.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I played a really fun game on Mirage today. Highlight: T side, I walk out of A main and start pushing. Suddenly, a hail of bullets starts to whiz all around me. I press on for a solid two seconds before realizing that yes, someone is shooting at me and missing, it's not a teammate trying to hit someone I can't see. I just couldn't fathom how someone could miss a guy in the open from the back at that distance.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I'm still trying to get placed (but it'll likely be GN1/GN2, given that I massacre everyone at high silvers, am middle of the pack in GN1/GN2 games, and barely cling to not being worthless at the high gold novas in my placement games) and in about 1/3-1/2 of the MM games I play there's a blatant cheater or multiple people who drop after losing the pistol round.

Someday I'll be good enough to use one of these third party doohickeys and have a good player base to play with. :smith:

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Demostrs posted:

Don't forget to report those winnings to the IRS so they can be properly taxed.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Mukaikubo posted:

I'm still trying to get placed (but it'll likely be GN1/GN2, given that I massacre everyone at high silvers, am middle of the pack in GN1/GN2 games, and barely cling to not being worthless at the high gold novas in my placement games) and in about 1/3-1/2 of the MM games I play there's a blatant cheater or multiple people who drop after losing the pistol round.

Someday I'll be good enough to use one of these third party doohickeys and have a good player base to play with. :smith:

Come play with the GN crew! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972321082

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suran37 posted:

Don't forget to report those winnings to the IRS so they can be properly taxed.

dont worry reddit told me i can claim them as a gift so long as the winnings are less than 13k and i belive mr reddit

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my plan is actually to lose it all by tomorrow its like brewsters millions but im not richard pryor and the only thing left for me is self-pity and regrets

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
give me bettering tips please and thank

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luna Was Here posted:

bet on underdogs during t2 tournaments like cph games and u will have good bones and calcium

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I've been playing on arena servers a lot lately. Ranked 1v1 and 2v2 arenas would actually be pretty fun. Though the complaining about 64 tick and lag would be absolutely hilarious.

Luna Was Here posted:

Here's a tip: don't bet. You're welcome.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

fennesz posted:

I've been playing on arena servers a lot lately. Ranked 1v1 and 2v2 arenas would actually be pretty fun. Though the complaining about 64 tick and lag would be absolutely hilarious.

Here's a tip: don't bet. You're welcome.

heres a tip for you *posts dick pic*

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Demostrs posted:

heres a tip for you *posts dick pic*

Haha I actually just checked my inbox. :tipshat:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Didn't play matchmaking for a week, first game back a magic man who can see everything, aims super well but throws hilariously bad grenades https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu76eRJZtMU In the end we got the draw because some of the time he was trying to conceal what he was doing from his team.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 26, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I added you

e: I am rahladahlahlahla

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 26, 2016

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

That sure was a competitive match.

Vertigo. We won the first three rounds. Two of them ragequit immediately because they were getting rolled. Another jumped off the building until he got kicked. Then after another three rounds they surrendered. I don't think I got shot once.

And now I can't play comp for another 20 hours because I haven't ranked yet! :saddowns:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Demostrs posted:

bet on underdogs during t2 tournaments like cph games and u will have good bones and calcium

Yea this, also BO1s are a crap shoot and people love swarming to the favorite which makes the odds on the underdog almost always +EV. I didn't dare going in proper yet but I am at ~100€ Profit just from dropping 5€ on the underdog in BO1s a lot.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Mukaikubo posted:

Fwiw being barely able to hold your own in a certain rank is usually a good indication that you are currently ranked above your true skill level. I'd use the opportunity for getting your rear end kicked to pick up as much about the game as you can, since playing against silvers is, IMO, the absolutely worst way to learn counter strike.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

qhat posted:

Fwiw being barely able to hold your own in a certain rank is usually a good indication that you are currently ranked above your true skill level. I'd use the opportunity for getting your rear end kicked to pick up as much about the game as you can, since playing against silvers is, IMO, the absolutely worst way to learn counter strike.

Yeah, that's why I said I expect to place into GN1/GN2; I've struggled to hold my own against GN4s, but whenever it puts me with GN1/GN2s I tend to do well, either top frag or just below it and winning most of my 1v1s while helping out tactically in general. The games it's put me against silvers have been simultaneously painful and hilarious.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

As long as you don't fall into the habit of calling everyone who is better than you a hacker; you should be fine.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Mukaikubo posted:

Yeah, that's why I said I expect to place into GN1/GN2; I've struggled to hold my own against GN4s, but whenever it puts me with GN1/GN2s I tend to do well, either top frag or just below it and winning most of my 1v1s while helping out tactically in general. The games it's put me against silvers have been simultaneously painful and hilarious.

EU or NA? Im GN3 and EU. http://steamcommunity.com/id/weedlord_bonerhitler

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

nice vac

owned rip

ce français est seulement gn3 ?! quelle sortie d'europeen est-ce qu'on lève en Aquitaine ?

putain de merde je perds tout mon français :(

Geschwafel fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 26, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I sent you an invite on my smurf account Jeb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I activated steam mobile auth last friday. It's still telling me it hasn't been active 7 days. gently caress you Gaben.