Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
MK, killre instinct, you know all the games the japanese wont touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Sarchasm posted:

It should. I used Realtek for a while and haven't ever needed a separate audio cable.

Thanks. What file do I download? Is it the files listed under "High Definition Audio Codecs"? If so, do I need to download the 64 bit file since I'm on 64bit Win7?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh excuse me sir, but there was a japanese Cinder playER!!!!!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Baal posted:

Uh excuse me sir, but there was a japanese Cinder playER!!!!!

There's supposedly a very small but loyal crowd of KI players in Japan; after that Cinder I'd love to see more of them at EVO.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Okita posted:

Has there ever even been a time in the history of fighting games where the best secret US tech wasn't just: watch and do what the Japanese do? (Bad games that they don't play excluded)

I'm not a FG historian so don't trust me but Common Knowledge (which is probably bullshit) says that before Daigo vs Valle in 1998 there was not much exposure between the scenes, just secondhand stuff and rumors on message boards. Around 2000-2002 is when JP players started coming over, and probably when footage from Japan started becoming more common.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Art was mad because he doesn't "have time" to read twitter or watch youtube vids because he "has" to spend 12 hours a day streaming ranked matches, so he didn't know about week 2 option selects that Japan was Abusing.

So he made a place to centralize all the Tech so he has a place where people who do those things can put everything for him, even though he and the rest of America should be more worried about loving Brenttiscool making top 8 winners before they think they can beat Japan or Infiltration consistently.

The irony about this is that it still doesn't solve the main problem which is having advanced information easily searchable by everyone, but that's assuming he wanted to solve that problem in the first place. Hell, a lot of information in that discord is going to be lost in the void because there's going to be a ton of garbage to sift through probably

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Ryuga Death posted:

Thanks. What file do I download? Is it the files listed under "High Definition Audio Codecs"? If so, do I need to download the 64 bit file since I'm on 64bit Win7?

That I'm not sure about, because it's been a few years since I went through the installation.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

apple posted:

The irony about this is that it still doesn't solve the main problem which is having advanced information easily searchable by everyone, but that's assuming he wanted to solve that problem in the first place. Hell, a lot of information in that discord is going to be lost in the void because there's going to be a ton of garbage to sift through probably

You mean you werent invited?!? *eyes pop out in disbelief like a tex avery cartoon*

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
A buddy of mine got invited to that private Discord four times

His response was "I'm not doing Arturo's training mode for him"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

dangerdoom volvo posted:

You mean you werent invited?!? *eyes pop out in disbelief like a tex avery cartoon*

He was he just didn't accept

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://twitter.com/PR_Balrog/status/713837096192966656

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I asked him if he forced Vsync off on PC. He said no.

Dunno.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

The game keeps wanting to set me up with Europe and Asia when I live in NA. Is there a way to set regions on PC?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Night Blade posted:

I asked him if he forced Vsync off on PC. He said no.

Dunno.

With vsync, doesnt the PC and PS4 version still have different input lag? Maybe he simply got it down perfectly in PC conditions but PS4 isnt quite the same?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So does the vsync stuff on PC really make a difference?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

With vsync, doesnt the PC and PS4 version still have different input lag? Maybe he simply got it down perfectly in PC conditions but PS4 isnt quite the same?

No idea.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

According to displaylag.com the PS4 version has 122ms of lag and according to that graphic that was going around earlier this week the PC version has 133ms of lag. Different people doing the tests and maybe using different methods so I'm not sure how seriously you should take that comparison but it seems pretty similar.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Is my internet jackin up or is it the servers? Couple signs of my connection maybe flakin out, but video streaming is OK and I keep getting disco'd from the game server mid-match.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I turned V-sync off on PC and it seemed to fix the problem, but im not sure how I can test it for sure.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Okita posted:

Has there ever even been a time in the history of fighting games where the best secret US tech wasn't just: watch and do what the Japanese do? (Bad games that they don't play excluded)

the valle cc

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

teh_Broseph posted:

Is my internet jackin up or is it the servers? Couple signs of my connection maybe flakin out, but video streaming is OK and I keep getting disco'd from the game server mid-match.
Their servers might be jacked. I kept getting put in ranked matches where points and ranking were blank.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Infiltration trolling Marn at NCR is great

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Infiltration trolling Marn at NCR is great

This whole bracket of death has been incredibly entertaining.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Really enjoying NCR so far.
Even Snake Eyez can't make Gief look good in SFV. Goddamn.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

oh ho ho ho ho ho

grown rear end men

oh ho ho ho ho ho

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

oh ho ho ho ho ho

grown rear end men

oh ho ho ho ho ho
So good!

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Way better than the "lets go x. clap clap. clap clap clap." chant that was going earlier.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

betterinsodapop posted:

Really enjoying NCR so far.
Even Snake Eyez can't make Gief look good in SFV. Goddamn.

He lost to the one elite Fang in the world, it was just unlucky.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Tae posted:

He lost to the one elite Fang in the world, it was just unlucky.

I'm really not feeling Xian's Fang at all. Don't know what other character would fit him though (gently caress Nash)

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
https://youtu.be/Q92BVhe6Kro

I made this clip a few minutes ago and I really can't explain why ryu got his life back other then lag. I clearly hit him first.

This was ps4 vs ps4 and I was searching for 4-5 bars.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

zooted heh posted:

https://youtu.be/Q92BVhe6Kro

I made this clip a few minutes ago and I really can't explain why ryu got his life back other then lag. I clearly hit him first.

This was ps4 vs ps4 and I was searching for 4-6 bars.

It was the lag. Rollback netcode means things like that can happen. It's great for casuals where the other person will usually understand if something dumb happens, but bad for ranked match.

Edit: Who all is going to CEO?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm going but just to spectate. I live in the area and have pretty much everything to learn, so I figure it's a good opportunity.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Agoat posted:

Edit: Who all is going to CEO?

A friend of mine and I are considering it, depending on how the summer goes for both of us.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

bhsman posted:

A friend of mine and I are considering it, depending on how the summer goes for both of us.

It was amazing last year. Try to make it out!

enojy posted:

I'm going but just to spectate. I live in the area and have pretty much everything to learn, so I figure it's a good opportunity.

How far are you from Winter Haven? We have a local scene with a venue you can drink beer at.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opn9pt8HkWA
rollback is cool. also I've been trying Laura for the past few days and she seems terrible so back to Ken mirror matches I go!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Agoat posted:

It was amazing last year. Try to make it out!

How far are you from Winter Haven? We have a local scene with a venue you can drink beer at.

Agoat text me baybee I'm probably going to

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Gutcruncher posted:

I don't have vsync off on PC and when I went to our local to play the other night it felt slower to me on PS4 as well

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Servers gotta be cranky again. Double-checked/reset all my internet stuff (even have the ports forwarded), still taking a while to find matches, usually when they do it does the thing where it sits and times out before not showing LP and such before the match. Popped open a few streams and seeing similar behavior. And I just got done dealing with the same crap in PC Battlefront for a month or two before they fixed it. :smith:

Leading up to release I expected to see a lot more Lauras doing quasi-Aegis setups with her bolts but about all I see is the elbow->button/command throw mixup. Is the bolt startup just too slow for quickrise? People just not givin' an eff cause other characters seem better?

Also wondering about command throws vs normals - sometimes I get hit with what seems like reaally long range command throws when I hit a button; could that be the grab whiff punishing a normal and connecting with the lingering hitbox? I was guessing buttons cleanly beat command throws, but do throws count in the l/m/h priority system..like what happens if a command throw and normal hitbox extend into each other at the same time? (I might just be dumb and not realize how far lp/lk throws can go.)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

teh_Broseph posted:

Also wondering about command throws vs normals - sometimes I get hit with what seems like reaally long range command throws when I hit a button; could that be the grab whiff punishing a normal and connecting with the lingering hitbox? I was guessing buttons cleanly beat command throws, but do throws count in the l/m/h priority system..like what happens if a command throw and normal hitbox extend into each other at the same time? (I might just be dumb and not realize how far lp/lk throws can go.)

It might be two, but most normals in this game extend a pretty massive hurtbox before and after active frames, so yeah, you could theoretically whiff punish with a command grab. Also there are quite a bit of clap setups with Laura out there. A lot of them are V-Trigger cancels though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so tomorrow is the first update, anyone know what time