Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Mince Pieface posted:

So like... has anyone found any deals from Caidro that are actually good? Every single unique I have seen is worse value than selling coins for chaos and buying the unique on poe.trade. I just found kaom's heart from Caidro but for 9034 coins and the exchange rate being what it is, that's break even at best.

I got a berek's respite for 8k coins, bought 7.5k coins for an ex, sold the ring for 2ex within 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
I got a 50 chaos finder's fee for a 9k shavronne's wrappings a couple days ago.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Katasi posted:

I got a berek's respite for 8k coins, bought 7.5k coins for an ex, sold the ring for 2ex within 20 minutes.

I also got a respite for about 6.5k, bought a grip & a pass for 40c total, sold the taming within 15 minutes for just under 4 ex.
Got a well-rolled lightning coil for 5.5k early on in league, some 49% aurseize, some cheap leveling uniques for my third dude including goldrim and a couple lifesprig. A poorjoy's asylum and a whakawairua tuahu or whatever.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Mince Pieface posted:

So like... has anyone found any deals from Caidro that are actually good? Every single unique I have seen is worse value than selling coins for chaos and buying the unique on poe.trade. I just found kaom's heart from Caidro but for 9034 coins and the exchange rate being what it is, that's break even at best.

This is probably because a bunch of other dudes have gotten the same kinds of deals and have their poo poo out for sale :shrug:

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
Anyone have any strong feelings or experiences with Ice Trap (or preferably good guides, even!)? Mulling on a new character and seems the chaos version can be great, but people are all over the place on how to approach it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

devilmouse posted:

Anyone have any strong feelings or experiences with Ice Trap (or preferably good guides, even!)? Mulling on a new character and seems the chaos version can be great, but people are all over the place on how to approach it.

I kept it simple. Saboteur in a tshirt with ice trap - cluster trap - trap/mine damage - cold penetration - controlled destruction - added cold. clarity and herald of ice somewhere. orb of storms - increased crit strikes - mana leech somewhere, frost bomb somewhere. your favorite cwdt combo somewhere. Grabbed a bunch of trap nodes and the templar/witch aoe nodes. elemental overload and acrobatics. that frenzy charge when traps go off node down by ranger + some frenzy charges. Get some mana regen on your gear so you don't have to use mana flasks. Sunblast is good to have, especially before you finish cruel labyrinth.

I have more links than I'm actually using because I'm lazy and haven't gotten my cwdt going.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 26, 2016

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
Yeah that was my general take. It didn't seem to be too obtuse, despite what the poe forums said. Thanks!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Flesh Forge posted:

This is probably because a bunch of other dudes have gotten the same kinds of deals and have their poo poo out for sale :shrug:

I like the idea that cadiro prices change based on how often what he sells is purchased or not. I have no real evidence, but it would be a cool way to handle it by ggg. Would explain why headhunters were like 15k day one and 28k very soon after.

Although its much more likely that ggg has either made no changes to prices or changed the ranges manually. Thats super boring though.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

funmanguy posted:

I like the idea that cadiro prices change based on how often what he sells is purchased or not. I have no real evidence, but it would be a cool way to handle it by ggg. Would explain why headhunters were like 15k day one and 28k very soon after.

Although its much more likely that ggg has either made no changes to prices or changed the ranges manually. Thats super boring though.

I think it's just random. Prices of things like Tabulas haven't really gone up.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Keep in mind literal children play this game, and they may not value their time spent gathering rubbish in a video game the same way you might.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Somebody sanity check this SRS/specre/zombie summoner skill tree for me please

How do people deal with mana for summoners, since SRS is hungry and mana leech doesn't apply?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

How do people deal with mana for summoners, since SRS is hungry and mana leech doesn't apply?

I've been getting a bunch of mana regen nodes. And running clarity until I can sustain without it. Once I can safely ditch clarity, I'm gonna grab alpha's howl and run a couple more auras (currently running clarity and wrath).

Elerion
May 31, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

The passive tree doesn't work on iPads so I can't check from here, but check out AngryAA's thread in the Witch forums for a good version.

Just run SRS off a mana pot. Sacred mana flasks last forever. I also really like AngryAAs build which runs auras in Essence Worms to keep all mana unreserved, then stacks mana nodes/gear for endless mana and Mind over Matter.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
Can someone with experience with CI builds take a glance at this tree please? This is for a Whispering Ice build, so I'm trying to grab as much intelligence as possible; the plan is to use jewels to convert most of the strength nodes on the way to unwavering stance.

The whole thing is part of a silly attempt to get the most value as possible out of the stat stacking. Intelligence naturally provides base mana and % increased energy shield. With the Whispering Ice, it then provides base icestorm damage and duration and % increased spell damage. Then we add in Heirophant's energy shield node so that all the mana starts adding to base energy shield as well. I have no idea if it will work, but I've got a whispering ice and a templar with a skill reset in standard, so I figure I'll give it a shot.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

devilmouse posted:

The chaos ice trap build is legit, I just did deathless atziri for the first time at level 75. Even my level 90+ standard characters with legacy gear don't have as easy of a time with it. My only modification is to run a wither spell totem and a slightly different skill tree.
Here's the thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1616976/page/1
my current character/tree (Anaxamander_Black):https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VParrotFace/characters

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 26, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mince Pieface posted:

The chaos ice trap build is legit, I just did deathless atziri for the first time at level 75. Even my level 90+ standard characters with legacy gear don't have as easy of a time with it. My only modification is to run a wither spell totem and a slightly different skill tree.
Here's the thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1616976/page/1
my current character/tree (Anaxamander_Black):https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VParrotFace/characters

drat i don't know how people think up this poo poo but it looks really strong

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Currently in love with this build.

Cleave Gladiator that makes enemies bleed & explode while you leap around and go incredibly fast. I'm up to level 83 with it, no problems clearing T7 maps (haven't tried anything higher yet) with probably about 1.5ex worth of gear.

e:VVV
doh, changed it to public

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 27, 2016

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

Angryhead posted:

Currently in love with this build.

Cleave Gladiator that makes enemies bleed & explode while you leap around and go incredibly fast. I'm up to level 83 with it, no problems clearing T7 maps (haven't tried anything higher yet) with probably about 1.5ex worth of gear.

Your profile is set to private.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Anyone mind telling me if I have any glaringly obvious issues with gear/skill build? Not feeling as strong as I'd have hoped.

Character name is PeakeBackToBad: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Peake/characters

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Saki posted:

Anyone mind telling me if I have any glaringly obvious issues with gear/skill build? Not feeling as strong as I'd have hoped.

Character name is PeakeBackToBad: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Peake/characters

Some thoughts. You need much bettter gear: Spike Point Quiver with life, WED, multi. Amulet with multi. Drop the Rustic Sash for a leather with WED. Rat's Nest helm, Maligaro's Gloves. Fill out your resists with rings, see if you can get some with wither WED or flat lightning. Make sure you have enough INT to level your wrath/herald of lightning/added lightning (this is important!). Check out last league's loadout on MakeEzomyrGreatAgain. Do as I do, make a spreadsheet of your resists, so you know how to efficiently fill them out.

You need power charge generation, link your herald of thunder to curse on hit and assassin's mark. You need frenzy charge generation, get a blood rage with increased duration in there.

E: how did I gently caress that up?

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 27, 2016

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Thanks for the advice.

^^
Your profile link doesn't work btw, just links to the PoE website.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

You need power charge generation, link your herald of thunder to curse on hit and assassin's mark. You need frenzy charge generation, get a blood rage with increased duration in there.

I really really really prefer herald of ice for ranged power charge generation, if you can live with the slight reflect risk it poses. Also protip: herald of ice -> curse on hit -> rear end mark -> mana leech. Do it now!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

I really really really prefer herald of ice for ranged power charge generation, if you can live with the slight reflect risk it poses. Also protip: herald of ice -> curse on hit -> rear end mark -> mana leech. Do it now!

Even for Voltaxic? Will you be doing enough cold damage to shatter with just that from HoI? At at level 18, it's only adding ~40 to attacks, scaling through the projectile damage and weapon elemental damage and crit multiplier, will this reliably freeze?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Even for Voltaxic? Will you be doing enough cold damage to shatter with just that from HoI? At at level 18, it's only adding ~40 to attacks, scaling through the projectile damage and weapon elemental damage and crit multiplier, will this reliably freeze?

Ive always found it to be more reliable than hot at least, but Ive not done red maps voltaxic with hoi so it might turn to poo poo up there.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ez game

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I was asked to put this on the forums:

quote:

Rodent's Ultimate Guide To Mapdrops (tm) (r) (c): ( Packsize > magic/rare mobs > IIQ > twinned ) * anarchy/torment

quote:

Rodent's Ultimate Guide To EXP (tm) (r) (c): ( Beyond > Packsize > magic/rare mobs ) * beyond

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?

Dreggon posted:

If you don't have the cash for the Chaos version, Pohx's version is quite good with a bit more survivability, and is close enough that you can transition over once you pick up the daggers. I'm still using the this version and killed Atziri deathless on the first try. The chaos build ultimately seems better though since the damage is so massive.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

What makes the chaos version pop, anyway?

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?

dis astranagant posted:

What makes the chaos version pop, anyway?

When I eventually get around to transitioning I'll be able to give a better breakdown on how much of a DPS boon it works out to, but I think it mostly comes down to a few things.
The first is the consuming dark is a fairly decent caster dagger in its own right, which offers a fair damage boost over 1h+shield. It allows access to a number of additional efficient damage nodes that were otherwise irrelevent, including the chaos nodes leading up to Atrophy, and since your running Pyre you double dip on Snowforged getting both the cold and fire damage. Also by being a crit build it also has an inherently higher damage ceiling. And finally since mob chaos resist is much lower than elemental you effectively get the effect of Cold Pen while opening up another socket for an extra multiplicative support.

In exchange you give up a shield, ~500 or so life, and some increased area of effect. You also need overall slightly better gear to fit all your resists.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i found a 3s 248% marohi last night which is cool because i am leveling up an eq guy. i want like 5l on my marohi though. better to sell mine and buy a better socketed one or try to jew/fuse mine up myself?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Awesome! posted:

i found a 3s 248% marohi last night which is cool because i am leveling up an eq guy. i want like 5l on my marohi though. better to sell mine and buy a better socketed one or try to jew/fuse mine up myself?

Just buy one. 5l Marohis are about 50c and it's basically guaranteed to cost more than that in jorbs/fusings to make one yourself.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

BannedNewbie posted:

When I eventually get around to transitioning I'll be able to give a better breakdown on how much of a DPS boon it works out to, but I think it mostly comes down to a few things.
The first is the consuming dark is a fairly decent caster dagger in its own right, which offers a fair damage boost over 1h+shield. It allows access to a number of additional efficient damage nodes that were otherwise irrelevent, including the chaos nodes leading up to Atrophy, and since your running Pyre you double dip on Snowforged getting both the cold and fire damage. Also by being a crit build it also has an inherently higher damage ceiling. And finally since mob chaos resist is much lower than elemental you effectively get the effect of Cold Pen while opening up another socket for an extra multiplicative support.

In exchange you give up a shield, ~500 or so life, and some increased area of effect. You also need overall slightly better gear to fit all your resists.

Also Wither totem is still OP against bosses.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Just buy one. 5l Marohis are about 50c and it's basically guaranteed to cost more than that in jorbs/fusings to make one yourself.

5l Marohis with poo poo dps sure. But his Marohis which is 2% off perfect will go for an exalt or more if it's 5l

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Dreggon posted:

It is very strong, been running it myself and enjoying it a lot.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Hey what's a good build for starting in a fresh league that isn't: necromancer, earthquake, or tshot

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Hey what's a good build for starting in a fresh league that isn't: necromancer, earthquake, or tshot

Ice trap.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'm trying to level an ice trap and it kinda sucks how you don't get anything from the build until ~30. Just for shits I've been rolling frost nova -> trap -> multitrap to get a feel for playing as a trapper, but man I forgot how much multitrap sucks since you throw them in a line.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Bladefall trap in deerstalker is good for leveling 32-69. Bfore that I just use fire trap and bear trap. Bladefall Trap is a legit starter build in and of itself also. You don't need any 5L, just Deerstalker and Jaws of Agony will get you through to at least T8 maps.

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 28, 2016

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I normally level with freezing pulse and a life sprig cause it's like broken easy and once a get some levels switch to wtvr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Well I was looking for something that a) doesn't need uniques and b) at least vaugely resembles what you want to play at endgame. Ice trap does look fun though, thanks.

• Locked thread