Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fyodor posted:

In Alaska it is known as a "snow machine."

huh. What do you call your skidoos then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Linedance posted:

huh. What do you call your skidoos then?

I've only ever known skidoo as the slang for a jet ski/wave runner.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Seadoo on the water, Skidoo on the snow.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

D C posted:

Skidoouchebag

:golfclap:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

fyodor posted:

In Alaska it is known as a "snow machine."

http://www.snowmobile.org/

GET IT loving RIGHT EVERYONE

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3yrxrcxTUc
Brake failure brown trousers time. I want to know more.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I always wanted to know if ramming a chain-link gate works like it does in the movies.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That was amazingly well handled. Although I wonder where he was going afterwards, if he was trying to make it back to the pits or something.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Collateral Damage posted:

That was amazingly well handled. Although I wonder where he was going afterwards, if he was trying to make it back to the pits or something.

The nearest bar.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I can imagine they added a section to the driver safety briefing. "Now if you bust out of the race course, please do not cruise aimlessly around the surrounding area to try and get back. Put it in neutral or kill the engine and wait for the safety crew to get to you."

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Little known legal loophole. If you go from track to the road like that, all roads are now part of the "closed course".

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Farmer's market. Just following the satnav.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MrYenko posted:

The nearest bar.
To be fair I probably would too after that.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Came to post that. :qq:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The fuckin' EPA is gonna have that dude's rear end!

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

i've never actually yelled at my monitor, before.

what the gently caress is this guy doing? holy poo poo..

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gomi Day posted:

i've never actually yelled at my monitor, before.

what the gently caress is this guy doing? holy poo poo..

?

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
i get that..

the whole continuing to amble around on public roads sans brakes and not just rolling up onto some grass / dirt and shutting down is what i'm talking about.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
He wasn't exactly on busy roads or on fire.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doesn't make it less illegal.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
yea but he busted through that fence like a boss which was cool

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
And that's why I hate tracks with very little runoff. That, and the whole killing motorcyclists thing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

xzzy posted:

I can imagine they added a section to the driver safety briefing. "Now if you bust out of the race course, please do not cruise aimlessly around the surrounding area to try and get back. Put it in neutral or kill the engine and wait for the safety crew to get to you."

This right here. I mean, if for no other reason than to inspect the loving damage.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

And that's why I hate tracks with very little runoff. That, and the whole killing motorcyclists thing.

That particular corner at Sebring does have a relatively good runoff considering the age of the circuit. But it's a flat out approach leading into a nearly 90 degree turn. That's why there's two routes there.. there's the first tight turn you're supposed to take, then a second one you take when you gently caress up.

The issue seems to be they never took into account brake failure, given where the property lines are they probably don't have space to expand it further.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

His brakes were making death-rattle noises for at least two turns before they failed, and he was still firewall-deep into the throttle on that last straight.

That video is a triumph of luck over skill or common sense.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

I wonder how long it took the staff to realize a car just straight up vanished off the track.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

MrYenko posted:

His brakes were making death-rattle noises for at least two turns before they failed, and he was still firewall-deep into the throttle on that last straight.

That video is a triumph of luck over skill or common sense.

I'm going to go ahead and guess you've never been on the track with a full race brake setup before? Every full race car I've ever driven had brakes that sounded like that.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Dude takes a stock durango on an offroad obstacle course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYzKFf_ZqrE

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

sofullofhate posted:

I'm going to go ahead and guess you've never been on the track with a full race brake setup before? Every full race car I've ever driven had brakes that sounded like that.

Never with gently caress-you-brake-harder-later-faster-you-pussy brakes, no. That noise would have me out of the car ASAP. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

Dude takes a stock durango on an offroad obstacle course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYzKFf_ZqrE

How can the ball joints handle that, but 10,000 miles on a highway and you've got wheels flying off.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I'm the multiple opportunities to slowly stop into a curb

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Track brakes make noise, I refer to mine as the "dump truck brake package".

As for the actual cause:

quote:

He said a wheel rubbed a hole in a front brake hose, a brand new one that had been installed over the winter.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Sick dyno run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWtoY7hW2k

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I'm the multiple opportunities to slowly stop into a curb

Yeah I don't get why he didn't turn off the engine and let out the clutch once he was safely in the parking lot.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Raluek posted:

Yeah I don't get why he didn't turn off the engine and let out the clutch once he was safely in the parking lot.

People do weird things when they're in shock, which this dude might have been experiencing. I jumped a deer corpse with my car and then went up the street for a car wash to get all the guts off before I realized my car no longer had a front bumper and that I'd left the scene of the accident.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

8ender posted:

People do weird things when they're in shock, which this dude might have been experiencing. I jumped a deer corpse with my car and then went up the street for a car wash to get all the guts off before I realized my car no longer had a front bumper and that I'd left the scene of the accident.

Always makes me think of this story.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

"When we went to the hospital, the doctor was asking her questions, just questioning her memory. Like what's your name, your date of birth, where do you live? She knew everything like that. The accident was the only thing gone. Lost," she said. "Whoo. I tell you, I don't know. It's a miracle."

Makes me think of fargo (the original).

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm going to have the most AI Summer.

I have an open invitation to drive the GF's dad's McLaren 650S on country roads

and then I find out today he's ditching his "around the town" Escape for something a little more eco-friendly.

A P90D.

In red.

With Ludicrous Speed Launch Control.

:getin:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Looks like I lopped off the final character in the video link somehow.
Fixed.

Dude in the RX-7 could NOT drift. I impressed that every. single. time. he got it sliding he either looped it, or hit the guard rail.
And gently caress those sideshow idiots. How loving long does it take for a cop to show up when jackholes are blocking an entire intersection, for gently caress's sake?
I'm mildly surprised someone didn't end up under one of the cars.

fake edit: oh Jesus do not read the comments on that video.

Raluek posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I watching the whole thing thinking "where are you going?"

that was fantastic. I loved that they strapped it down and got the blower out. And then it walked off the dyno and killed a man.
Hey that thing hit almost a 1/4 HP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

MA-Horus posted:

I'm going to have the most AI Summer.

I have an open invitation to drive the GF's dad's McLaren 650S on country roads

and then I find out today he's ditching his "around the town" Escape for something a little more eco-friendly.

A P90D.

In red.

With Ludicrous Speed Launch Control.

:getin:

The P90D is pretty tame IMO (and the interior won't be as nice as the Escape). But the 650S is still my favorite car I've driven (and along with the Z06, the only one that I didn't think could do with more power). Enjoy!