Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, since Liam was hyping up Gravity Rush at some point in the past I decided to give it a spin, and... it was alright, I guess? Flying around was neat, Combat wound up being overly simple and occasionally frustrating, and the story is a horrible mess of things that don't ever connect to each other, but it was alright. Still, that'll teach me to listen to Liam without verifying elsewhere.

EDIT: Oh, it was a Vita game that got remastered. That... explains a lot, actually.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Al-Saqr posted:

People who think that twitter followers are the measure of self worth are really wrong headed in their priorities.

Also, Lex luther when given an opportunity is more handsome and better looking than Superman confirmed, also cooler since he can double as ganondorf:-

Now I understand why Pat hates Superman so much.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Now I understand why Pat hates Superman so much.

He actually said it in the podcast he went on the mega rant is that he actually HATES people who are better than him, that's probably the reason.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel Pat will give out another similar rant this week while talking about BvS. He did pretty much say he'd allow Superman to poo poo in his mouth at night just to prove Superman is a bad guy.

Oh, Vita still lives and they finished da dream.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 27, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know, Baal, we really are the Livin' Da Dream.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 27, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

You know, Baal, we really are the Livin' Da Dream.

Why the gently caress didn't they just record the rest of it on the same day they did the last few eps if they were this close to the end

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Long live da dream

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like Pat's horrified realization that he might be committed to future bball outings.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Baal posted:

Why the gently caress didn't they just record the rest of it on the same day they did the last few eps if they were this close to the end

Because Woolie

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Oh wow Vic actually does just die. Well that solves the problem I guess.

e: Spike Lee beat David Cage at his own game. Incredible.

Alfalfa The Roach fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 27, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't wait to see Freq return in Livin' Da Dream 2: Relivin' Da Dream

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't wait to see Freq return in Livin' Da Dream 2: Relivin' Da Dream

Livin' Da Dream 2: Relivin' Da Dream: Da Backdown: Y'all Cowards Cannot Advance: Letitia Needs Beer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DumbparameciuM posted:

Livin' Da Dream 2: Relivin' Da Dream: Da Backdown: Y'all Cowards Cannot Advance: Letitia Needs Beer

For Matching Service

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Related to zelda, someone named Marin is being added to hyrule warriors?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Isn't Marin from links awakening?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

She is.

Sleeping Fish confirmed for next dlc

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Chain Chomp moveset let's goooo

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Tae posted:

Related to zelda, someone named Marin is being added to hyrule warriors?

That certainly looks like Marin.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I can't wait for the episode of Deus Ex where Pat forgets to save before capping some vital NPC.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

HGH posted:

I'm more surprised Pat like Michael Cera as the villain because that just seems like such a weird decision.

Also big news! Konami is making games again! Exactly like you think they would!
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/713560255997812736

This sucks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, FLCL is the Pillows anime. Oooh. I'm probably the only guy making that backwards connection on this, aren't I?

Meanwhile, the focus of the FFX LP seems to have switched from Grand Wizard Wakka to Titus's weak dickings. Strong effort all around, really.

edit: the hell, was that ping pong animation style the gently caress

Dias fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 27, 2016

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I absolutely did not remember Twilight Princess having monkey rear end, let alone in this volume. :stare:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

YF-23 posted:

I absolutely did not remember Twilight Princess having monkey rear end, let alone in this volume. :stare:

It's a great contrast to how it was marketed.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

YF-23 posted:

You front load the monkey butt so everyone forgets. But I never forgot. Never.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
My free year of vessel ran out, I sure as hell would not pay for that site.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Moderately related to Best Friends stuff, Mother's Basement put out an OP analysis of Sword Art Online. It's really good and ever since they recommended his JoJo videos on the Friendcast I've been a fan of the professional shitbag known as Geoff Thew.

e:

HGH posted:

You hosed up your link, it's just an SF5 tourney.

WHOOPS. Yeah was talking about how crazy it is Marn made it so far in this weekend's tourney with a friend last night. Fixed it.

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 27, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YF-23 posted:

Seems Liam's only scared of human butts, he's powering through the game quite well so far.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Attack on Marn.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dias posted:

Oh, FLCL is the Pillows anime. Oooh. I'm probably the only guy making that backwards connection on this, aren't I?

Nah, I'm only excited about more FLCL because of the prospect of 1-2 new Pillows albums.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah, I'm only excited about more FLCL because of the prospect of 1-2 new Pillows albums.

That would be pretty sick. Also, after watching FLCL (the gently caress), I kinda understand how you could do a sequel, although it better not be a direct sequel.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

HGH posted:

Problem solved thank you for your Quality Assurance on this Post. You will not be compensated.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

they've said they intend to get the Pillows back on board so hey

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

edit: the hell, was that ping pong animation style the gently caress
In FLCL? There's a scene that's straight up an animated manga, like panels and poo poo. FLCL goes PLACES with its animation.

FLCL is really good in general, but also on an animation analysis level. And it's peak Yo Yoshinari, easily my favorite animator ever.

At around 3:55 in this video is a scene from FLCL that's one of my favorites just in general for how weightless, and then suddenly weighty he makes the whole thing feel. But the whole video is great, it's just a huge montage of Yo Yoshinari-animated scenes from various shows, dude's a loving powerhouse(also a huge western animation weeb, he's a big part of why Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt got created, also he (used to?) have a deviantart with a bunch of powerpuff girls, spongebob, etc fanart and a bunch of keyframe animations from various projects he worked on, poo poo owned)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFRDSbjnasY&hd=1

also a bunch of straight up iconic scenes in gurren lagann were all him. Dude is legend.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 27, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

In FLCL? There's a scene that's straight up an animated manga, like panels and poo poo. FLCL goes PLACES with its animation.

It was a scene in episode 2, at the start, it had a different style to it that reminded me of Ping Pong, both in animation and how it was drawn.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

It was a scene in episode 2, at the start, it had a different style to it that reminded me of Ping Pong, both in animation and how it was drawn.

yeah it's been a real long time since I've actually watched FLCL. I think I might have the DVD somewhere, I should watch it again.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Tae posted:

I disagree on any DC stuff they talk about, strictly because they refuse to watch the Tim-verse series on principle or some poo poo.

That said, Zach Synder's Superman Cinemaverse is a goddamn disaster.

Late but super agreed on both accounts.

Rodyle posted:

I'm pretty sure they've all mentioned having seen at least parts of the various DCAU stuff? At the least Batman, who of that age group hasn't seen parts of that?

Further backing up their 'having really wrong, really loud opinions about most poo poo' I think they all admitted they had seen poo poo here and there (bits of Batman or Batman Beyond) but that all of them spent their time watching the 90s Spider-man and 90s X-men shows that aired around the same time. Super baffling because Matt and Woolie went to artsy fartsy school and you'd think they'd appreciate this well drawn well animated homage to noir/deco instead of 'lets see how many frames of animation they reuse'.

I still really love the old Spider-man and X-men shows for a lot of dumb reasons but man Batman:TAS was on such another level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Further backing up their 'having really wrong, really loud opinions about most poo poo' I think they all admitted they had seen poo poo here and there (bits of Batman or Batman Beyond) but that all of them spent their time watching the 90s Spider-man and 90s X-men shows that aired around the same time. Super baffling because Matt and Woolie went to artsy fartsy school and you'd think they'd appreciate this well drawn well animated homage to noir/deco instead of 'lets see how many frames of animation they reuse'.

I still really love the old Spider-man and X-men shows for a lot of dumb reasons but man Batman:TAS was on such another level.

Counter-point, have you seen how into 90s poo poo those guys are? 90s Spiderman is the most 90s! Peter Parker is cool and hot and even broody! There are SPIDER ROBOTS!