Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

FFXII at least had some great visuals for the PS2 era, and one of the best soundtracks in the franchise.

it is a very very pretty game and balthier is dreamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

8-Bit Scholar posted:

it is a very very pretty game and balthier is dreamy

I think the fact that I actually like questing in MMORPGs is why I'm so into XII. I can totally see why people wouldn't enjoy it, but I really did have a blast with the game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I really like FFXII's MMO style but I don't seem to enjoy actual MMORPGs very much.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Motto posted:

How accessible is Wild Hunt if I haven't played the first two Witchers?

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152

Just read that. Or some of it. Have fun

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
FF12 is kind of the best stoner jrpg because it's fairly relaxing, heavy on exploring big pretty landscapes, and it's easy to get a quick feel for the difficulty of an area and opt to explore and kill more instead of pushing to that new area. If the demo is any indication, FF15 is following in its footsteps albeit with a less diverse cast and crappier VA if the demo is any indication.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I finished chapter 8 in Atelier Shallie and it honest to goodness ended with a commercial / demo for bathing suit DLC. I'm not sure whether I should be annoyed or impressed with their gall.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
All I've gotten from what I've seen of FF15 (which admittedly isn't much) is that it's open world-y, looks pretty, but the cast is one of the worst in the franchise. At least for me. I don't have much interest in playing as some J-Rock band on a road trip in one of their dads cars, which is what it looks like.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hi I haven't seen much of this game but it looks bad welp laters

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mill Village posted:

I really like FFXII's MMO style but I don't seem to enjoy actual MMORPGs very much.

Because most MMO's have more gameplay than FF12.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Verranicus posted:

All I've gotten from what I've seen of FF15 (which admittedly isn't much) is that it's open world-y, looks pretty, but the cast is one of the worst in the franchise. At least for me. I don't have much interest in playing as some J-Rock band on a road trip in one of their dads cars, which is what it looks like.

But that's why it rules

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Verranicus posted:

I don't have much interest in playing as some J-Rock band on a road trip in one of their dads cars, which is what it looks like.

That's hosed up

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ibram Gaunt posted:

But that's why it rules

Yeah I know some people think that's awesome and more power to them, but I don't see myself getting into it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Hi I haven't seen much of this game but it looks bad welp laters

Ah, the ol' Hatred argument.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Locking the ability to swap skills around in BOF3 behind a very rare item (Skill Ink) strikes me as needlessly annoying game design.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Verranicus posted:

Yeah I know some people think that's awesome and more power to them, but I don't see myself getting into it.

I agree that it looks dumb and more than a few friends have been put off by the cast given it's a series that usually has a pretty colorful and diverse cast. Personally I'm still willing to give it a go since it's Final Fantasy and I'm a sucker for it :shrug:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'll be happy with FF15 if it's as homoerotic and cloying as games with all female casts. Give them dumb excuses to take their shirts off or throw in a pointless hot springs scene or they sleep in their car piled in the backseat just loving cheesecake this game up.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

al-azad posted:

I'll be happy with FF15 if it's as homoerotic and cloying as games with all female casts. Give them dumb excuses to take their shirts off or throw in a pointless hot springs scene or they sleep in their car piled in the backseat just loving cheesecake this game up.

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing I see making me interested at this point

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

bloodychill posted:

I agree that it looks dumb and more than a few friends have been put off by the cast given it's a series that usually has a pretty colorful and diverse cast. Personally I'm still willing to give it a go since it's Final Fantasy and I'm a sucker for it :shrug:

I'll definitely try it for the same reason, I'm a sucker for any JRPG even if it doesn't look appealing to me at first.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I go back and forth on XV, the more dramatic trailers look really bad, but the road trip weirdly Americana segments own a lot

Also, Gladiolus :syoon:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Verranicus posted:

I'm hype for the Final Fantasy road trip game.

e: idc about FF games besides the ones I played as a kid (all the GBA ports), but XV looks interesting enough.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

al-azad posted:

Anyone not wishing for this is doing it completely wrong IMO

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just straight up steal that one part of Top Gun, basically

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
please replace all combat with top gun volleyball montages

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Because most MMO's have more gameplay than FF12.

So more gameplay is bad? :confused:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

It says a lot about the current state of the Final Fantasy series that the best people can hope for the latest release is that it's massively, massively gay.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Bland posted:

It says a lot about the current state of the Final Fantasy series that the best people can hope for the latest release is that it's massively, massively gay.

That's what I hope for in every game though?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Erg posted:

That's what I hope for in every game though?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Bland posted:

It's about four guys on a road trip so I'll take massively gay over the other possibility which is boys club shenanigans.

I think the reality is that for better or worse, we're getting Entourage with Chocobos and Bahamut.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

bloodychill posted:

I think the reality is that for better or worse, we're getting Entourage with Chocobos and Bahamut.

Now, let's be entirely honest here: that still beats the gently caress out of Entourage. It might not be amazing, but the thought of someone's nose breaking because a Chocobo flies through the scene is amazing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bloodychill posted:

It's about four guys on a road trip so I'll take massively gay over the other possibility which is boys club shenanigans.

Personally I'm hoping for something more Road/Euro Trip than Entourage. Stop and see the sights, then leave very quickly because they can now never go back there.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
FF12 is a great game, but perhaps I have a weird taste for FF games. My favorites are 12, 8 and 5 (Ive played then all up to 12, except 9 and 11)

I like it almost open-world, I like that it doesnt have a battle screen, I like that I can set the game to fight the mindless repetitive common fights for me, I like the sidequests and MMORPG style hunts, I like the scenery, the cities, the soundtrack and the graphics. And I like that it so reminds me of KOTOR for some reason.

The plot is mediocre, the characters are meh (except for Balthier), the voice acting is atrocious (except for Balthier). I didnt like the license board system in vanilla, but the Zodiac version really fixes that. It could be a little more challenging though. Is still a very good PS2 game

If FF 15 is anything like 12, I will enjoy it (in 2020 when the PS4 gets cheap)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bland posted:

Perfect in every way, so just add LGBT? Yeah I read that too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bland posted:

what does this even mean

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Endorph posted:

what does this even mean

Yaoitopia/Baratopia

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Endorph posted:

what does this even mean

it means Bland is a homophobe

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bland posted:

This is the worst post.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If FF15 is super gay then I am suddenly way more interested in it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I still remember people here claiming that a game where the cast is a bunch of pretty boys is a huge gently caress up on square's part because it alienates the female playerbase smh.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The characters are aggressively boring though.

Like visually they aren't even distinct, just a group of dudes with really similar facial features/clothing. Which is all :airquote:badass:airquote: black coats. And cargo pants for some reason which is pretty lol.

One of them has the generic over-eye scar I guess :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I still remember people here claiming that a game where the cast is a bunch of pretty boys is a huge gently caress up on square's part because it alienates the female playerbase smh.

Goons don't get women, news at 11.