Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Sorc is pretty good at rounding mobs up and blowing them up, but i do tend to swill potions pretty much nonstop. It's irritating, if an area has ranged mobs then you really can't help losing a bunch of hp.

Also, dont gently caress up because you die in two hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

evasive explosion shot + space in midair
up until 41 though, it'll probably be faster just shooting everything while mounted, because the AOE radius on mounted autoattack is insane
Explosive Evasion deals a degree of magnitude more damage than mounted basic attack, in my opinion.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Eltoasto posted:

Sorc is pretty good at rounding mobs up and blowing them up, but i do tend to swill potions pretty much nonstop. It's irritating, if an area has ranged mobs then you really can't help losing a bunch of hp.

i play pretty casually so i just got to red orcs on my sorc and it's loving hell. i can get a bunch of those assholes all together for some darkness waves or w/e it's called, but without fail one of those loving fire ball assholes will spawn behind me and get me down to half health in like two hits. grindwar is hell.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I dunno how you have problems staying alive. Just keep moving. You have a million iframes on the dash so as long as you keep using your dashes you can avoid most attacks. I dunno if you're doing a bunch of the big charge up attacks but I pop in and out with the heavy instant hits.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i dunno i feel like i get stuck in combos that take like five or six seconds to come out and during that time some jerk is ramming fire in my butthole.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Are you using melee or ranged?

Cause with melee it's easy. What I do is dash in with the teleport strike to open up and follow a few of the back+mouse1 hits and then do the both mouse buttons power hit and dash backwards to instantly fire out the charged hadoken that heals you up. The charge hadoken alone is so incredibly op it's hilarious. You get a huge heal, knockback, it gives you a ball for energy, and you can avoid the charge up entirely by back dodging before using it.

The sorc just has so much healing and armor with the buffs that even violent mobs aren't a threat.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i think maybe i don't have those last two things? what are they called?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This is a cool game and I'm still dicking around in Velia trying to do all the quests. And enjoying killing goblins cause the combat is fun and I get to play as a perpetually sweaty elf girl shooting the hell out of monsters and dodging around. Also this game is pretty just thought I'd drop by with casual gamer thoughts.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I asked a page or two back about endgame PVE. If the only group content at the end is world bosses nobody does, what's even the point of leveling via mob extinction? It feels like the real point of the game is perpetual goof-off pve sandbox.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
There's also scroll bosses. And
...... That's it...

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Behold this rear end in a top hat who did nothing but Treants for 50 -> 54 for the belt. Look at his storage

http://imgur.com/a/R5ISS

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

The Quake posted:

Behold this rear end in a top hat who did nothing but Treants for 50 -> 54 for the belt. Look at his storage

http://imgur.com/a/R5ISS

How does anybody do this without going insane?

Also i thought the treant belt only dropped from the mutant versions of the mob (58ish level?) or does it drop from all treant mobs?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ohsosad posted:

Also i thought the treant belt only dropped from the mutant versions of the mob (58ish level?) or does it drop from all treant mobs?
It does drop from regular mobs.

Gameko posted:

I asked a page or two back about endgame PVE. If the only group content at the end is world bosses nobody does, what's even the point of leveling via mob extinction? It feels like the real point of the game is perpetual goof-off pve sandbox.
Everyone capable does world bosses, but even then the game is about PvP.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 27, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Essentially the best places to do PVE things that makes your numbers bigger are contested via PVP because demand exceeds supply. By design.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Another golden fresh water hot spot has hit the towers.

And of course no one fishes in that entire region.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

golden fresh water hot spot

What is this "towers" you mention? I need a new spot, the game has started crashing every time I approach and leave the current spot just off the coast.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i think maybe i don't have those last two things? what are they called?

Abyssal Flame is the hadoken and it is crucial to any sorc build. It's a huge heals and charges up your shards.

Dark Flame is a finisher off Claws of Darkness that is a big aoe damage burst.

You can get by without dark flame but abyssal flame is crucial.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

sushibandit posted:

What is this "towers" you mention? I need a new spot, the game has started crashing every time I approach and leave the current spot just off the coast.

If you stop for like 10s around when the blob starts appearing/disappearing on the map, you usually won't disconnect

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ohsosad posted:

You know those people that watch a conveyor belt for messed up items as there job? He's one of them.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
I leveled two t1 hawks up to 8 before I said gently caress it, lucked out and got a t3 with +3% fishing and trading xp. White and gold hawk:

Woo, I'm done. Not buying any more pets.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So the golden hot spot in fresh water is stupid tiny, like the size of a dog or two.

Go to the eastern gate way and go west to the river. Find the otter fisherman. go south on the east coast a few feet and look for some reeds and a red plant in the water. South west of the red plant, maybe under water is another red plant. Fish like a foot or two north of the second red plant.

The area is pretty small. Like really tiny.

It is smaller than what I marked on the picture but it is about that size.

Some leather carp and piranahs are there for gold fish.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Look for a bunch of goons standing on top of each other.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That tiny fishing location is a real pro tip. :eng101:

Thanks!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I can't tell if I'm on the money or not.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ParksAndRec vote
Should honk get guild lead?

Yes:5 No:9 Quebec:4 Money Cannon:3 Envelope full of votes:1

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I suppose I should join the guild at some point.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

About 4 of those yes votes were from honk

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I guess tier 6 horses can have 2 people on at the same time

http://imgur.com/a/Rb2qd

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's the two seater skill. I don't think it's limited to t6 horses though.

Pyrok
Jan 31, 2013
I keep coming back from afk fishing and my character has been teleported to land, while my boat is still at the gold hot spot outside of Velia.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Pyrok posted:

I keep coming back from afk fishing and my character has been teleported to land, while my boat is still at the gold hot spot outside of Velia.

Your getting shot off your boat with a musket and drowning. Welcome to goontown

YOTC fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 28, 2016

Pyrok
Jan 31, 2013

YOTC posted:

Your getting shot off your boat with a musket and drowning. Welcome to goontown

Well poo poo, I wonder if crystals can break due to death via drowning. It's been happening for probably a week and I haven't lost a crystal yet...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

yes

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Found this on the BDO forums :lol:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Well we were told BDO would contain whales...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Highest known whale on Russia is sitting at $45k if what I heard a couple days ago is correct.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
What could you get for $45,000 that you couldn't get for $5,000? The game doesn't even support that kind of lunacy.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Chewbot posted:

What could you get for $45,000 that you couldn't get for $5,000? The game doesn't even support that kind of lunacy.

$40k worth of dyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chewbot posted:

In Russia you have lots of various consumable items, also sales of cash shop stuff on auction are only somewhat restricted. They also get loyalty point kickbacks from cash shop purchases.