Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obUKdTfQjcw

im bad but this is extra good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Any US East goons LE level wanna queue up for MM? I'm tired of solo queue and just want people that wanna work together, set up basic executes and not be dicks to each other (and I'm asking here?) etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/audax

I generally play after 9pm during the week and a few hours during the weekend. I generally rifle. Hit me up.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

does anyone have a razer blackwidow and get keys that randomly repeat until you hit them again, but aren't mechanically stuck? i see a lot of speculative poo poo about the firmware and closing synapse but it's so hard to replicate i don't think anything works

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Dear Goonmen

Thank you for stomping a hole in the back of my head (though I was a lot more competitive/useful than I expected to be)

Please sir can I have another (but not tonight because my eyes hurt)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

*nods*

Excellent

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

found the problem

real talk though, every razer I've owned has randomly crapped out for no discernible reason. Went to Logitech and am never going back.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 27, 2016

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

found the problem

real talk though, every razer I've owned has randomly crapped out for no discernible reason. Went to Logitech and am never going back.

i touched a logitech mechanical once and it felt real bad

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
everyone should get the best mouse no one uses: the FNATIC GEAR FLICK, MOUSE CHOICE OF JW

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
My Rival has been going strong since I got it last year, the only issue I've had is the scrollwheel getting a little sensitive and the rubber on the thumb side getting a deep groove worn in it. I think I would find something with a textured plastic side if possible, but this thing is a solid A- for the $35 I spent on it.

In general though, just don't buy a Razer and you can't go wrong!

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Has anyone tried that Finalmouse that some pros have been shilling for? It seems like it could be pretty good, but I've read a lot of comments about how they often break after a few months.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
I think the Finalmouse hype is a lot of marketing. Also, I've never had good luck with Razer products despite trying them multiple times -- they're just very cheap and break after a few months.

On the other hand, I loved my Steelseries Rival but wore the rubber thumb grip down to the plastic, at which point it didn't feel comfortable in my hand. Very happy with my Zowie ZA11 right now.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Sounds like youre just very rough with your mice.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Buller posted:

Sounds like youre just very rough with your mice.

It's been a recurring problem with the Rival. Just search up "rival thumb grips worn" on google and you'll find a million pictures. They just use cheap, lovely rubber.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

SealHammer posted:

It's been a recurring problem with the Rival. Just search up "rival thumb grips worn" on google and you'll find a million pictures. They just use cheap, lovely rubber.

Yeah, that happened to mine. You can see exactly where I rest my thumb on the mouse. I don't think I really have some kind of death grip on it either.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

SealHammer posted:

My Rival has been going strong since I got it last year, the only issue I've had is the scrollwheel getting a little sensitive and the rubber on the thumb side getting a deep groove worn in it. I think I would find something with a textured plastic side if possible, but this thing is a solid A- for the $35 I spent on it.

In general though, just don't buy a Razer and you can't go wrong!

I had one of the early Rivals, the thumbrest material going all soft and gummy is a known defect and if you contact SteelSeries you can get a new replacement which uses different material. I did it myself after writing the mouse off and buying a different one, and now I'm back on the Rival.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

My mouse is a 20$ logitech that I got like 6 years ago

it's held together with scotch tape

also i have no mousepad

i'm kinda cheap

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Y'all fuckin nerds with your fancy Gamer Gear. This fucker has served me just fine. at MG2

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

fennesz posted:

Y'all fuckin nerds with your fancy Gamer Gear. This fucker has served me just fine. at MG2

High five! This Goddamn Thing.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Antares posted:

i touched a logitech mechanical once and it felt real bad

The cooler master mechanical tenkeyless keyboards are a great value, but the keycaps are kind of thin. Replace them if you can.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

osker posted:

The cooler master mechanical tenkeyless keyboards are a great value, but the keycaps are kind of thin. Replace them if you can.

I haven't had any issues with it. Also I really loving miss my numpad.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Spiros posted:

I haven't had any issues with it. Also I really loving miss my numpad.

I miss the numpad when I am working at home, so I bought one for a price I'd rather not disclose out of shame. What I don't miss is running my mouse into the keyboard when trying to do a sweet AWP flick.

Also, in my search for a G9X replacement last year, before settling on the G303, I picked up a Razer Taipan and Steelseries Sensei which are practically new which I'm willing to donate to anyone who needs a new mouse and/or want to try them.

edit: Just checked out that Fnatic Shop. Holy cow it is so good.

quote:

Our Fnatic Gaming Suit is a unique luxury lifestyle and leisurewear item. It's all about relaxing and feeling comfortable as you play. The Gaming Suit is a loose fit onesie produced with comfort and style in mind. Jump in your Gaming Suit after work, while studying, gaming or just plain relaxing! The Fnatic Gaming Suit is warm, durable and looks great with an orange inlay, the Fnatic logo on the front as well as orange zip pull and pockets.

osker fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 27, 2016

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I use the $20 Anker "laser gaming mouse". Solid and doesn't feel like poo poo.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I would buy that fnartic gaming suit if it had an rear end window

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ozmiander posted:

I use the $20 Anker "laser gaming mouse". Solid and doesn't feel like poo poo.
:same:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Finally got my eagle back today. Feels good to fly again.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Same. Ranked up on a tie game and had a teammate go mge->mg2 on that same game lol

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
what is with people calling others cheaters these days? I took a break for about a year and before that no one ever called cheats, maybe once in a while. Since I've come back back and people are calling cheats pretty regularly, at least half of the games I play someone is a salty accuser. I even have people writing on my profile now (I didn't know this was a thing until it started) I thought the rank redistribution was supposed to make the upper tiers more reasonable, not less

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Sweeper posted:

I even have people writing on my profile now (I didn't know this was a thing until it started)

Wear these as badges of pride, never delete a hackusation

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sweeper posted:

what is with people calling others cheaters these days? I took a break for about a year and before that no one ever called cheats, maybe once in a while. Since I've come back back and people are calling cheats pretty regularly, at least half of the games I play someone is a salty accuser. I even have people writing on my profile now (I didn't know this was a thing until it started) I thought the rank redistribution was supposed to make the upper tiers more reasonable, not less

January/Feb saw the most cheaters banned in one period in CSGO history (and the game was actually unplayable in the higher ranks during that period) because of valve constantly putting the game on sale, so people are just really suspicious nowadays. Also it's been a long time since a major pay-cheat has been detected, so that just stokes the fire.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I got to MGE back when ranks were super inflated with a Logitch M110. Then I took a month off and came back with a Rival and was LEM within 6 weeks. Makes you think.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i bought some gunnars and it made me 360 noscope braise it to global elite. your milage will NOT vary other than the fact you will be very satisfied!!!

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smithereens posted:

i bought some gunnars and it made me 360 noscope braise it to global elite. your milage will NOT vary other than the fact you will be very satisfied!!!

i agree. this is a photo from my last cs sesh after i aced the ex-ibp roster on esea

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Optic forfeited the Dreamhack Austin qualifier :(

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
also rest in piece envyus

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I think Tempo Storm is losing to a team with a cheating ringer right now..

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Photex posted:

I think Tempo Storm is losing to a team with a cheating ringer right now..

U got some gifs??

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

:eyepop: :golfclap:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Demostrs posted:

also rest in piece envyus

If this leads to people betting on CLG on lounge lmao

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

my fav part of this is the goonpug stutter

or was that shadowplay? cuz that's what goonpugs look like for me after 10 minutes.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Faffel posted:

my fav part of this is the goonpug stutter

or was that shadowplay? cuz that's what goonpugs look like for me after 10 minutes.

thats shadowplay for some reason. i dont know what the issue is but it looks funny doesnt it? you can see the fps at the bottom never drops below like 180